“Thankyou for a day / days at the beach!”
Review of Sandpearl Resort

Sandpearl Resort
Ranked #7 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
london
“Thankyou for a day / days at the beach!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

2nd stay at the sand pearl, yes it's expensive, but worth every penny, after 4 days in Orlando with a plan to drive to the gulf for the day and then return to a standard villa, I played my ace card and booked a night at the hotel, loaded wife and two teenagers into the mustang, and drove with roof down to Clearwater, 100 degrees on the temp reader in car, valet parked, champagne on check in, room in seconds, lotion on pristine beach in ten minutes, pool to cool down, Tate grill for corona, great meal in restaurant, sunset done, wake up another day on the beach, rent the beach umbrella and loungers, enjoy the service.

Thankyou, sandpearl management and great staff.

Did'nt want to write this review as I wanted to keep this my secret...

Next time, more time at the Sandpearl.

ps this review is from a bar & resturaunt owner so highest praise indeed!

Room Tip: Spend the extra cash for gulf front, rent the beach loungers.
1 Thank stamford44
Jason O, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay here with us at The Sandpearl Resort. From your description of your time spent here, I must say, I am jealous. It sounds like you had a great time with your family and we welcome you back for another getaway to the beach in the near future. We greatly appreciate your feedback.

Assistant Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (675)
  • Hebrew first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I spent three nights at the Sandpearl in mid-April. This hotel is, by-far, the nicest hotel on Clearwater Beach. And, try calling the hotel to book directly -- our rate was substantially lower than what was advertised on a few travel websites. The beach and pool area are beautiful and relaxing. We don't have children, but there looked to be good activities for the kids, and they have s'morse roasting on the beach at night. The restaurants were great - Tate's is casual and right on the beach, with options to sit inside or outside. Caretta's on the Gulf had wonderful breakfast options (the breakfast potatoes were the best my husband has ever had) and our waiter (I think his name was Mark...thick NY accent!) was awesome. We also enjoyed a wonderful dinner watching the sunset. Caretta's had a great wine list and I have to mention their bread basket - the pretzel rolls and warm multi-grain bread loaf were served with seasoned butter, which was fantastic. There are casual local restaurants near-by and right on the beach...The Pavillion was our favorite lunch spot, just a block from the hotel. There weren't many upscale options for dinner in the area (Beachcomber was recommended, but was less than average), but since we were only there for a few days, it wasn't really a problem. Our room was very nice, and certainly had more of a "luxury" feel than your standard chain hotel...it actually reminded us slightly of our honeymoon hotel room at the Four Seasons. The gulf view room had two rocking chairs on the patio, and we had an amazing view of the beach. During our stay, we arranged a kayak trip, which was a fantastic way to spend a morning! Lou and Dave were our guides, and we lucked out with a private tour that doubled as a great workout. We also used the hotel gym during our stay - it was slightly cramped, but had all the basic equipment and had a nice view of the pool/beach area.

Overall, I'm so glad we stayed at the Sandpearl, and would be happy to come back for another long weekend getaway. I personally didn't are for the surrounding Clearwater area (touristy t-shirt shops, cheesy restaurants near the marina, and pier 60 was like a carnival), but it didn't even matter because we enjoyed our time at the hotel so much. I don't think we would have been happy at any other hotel in the area.

Room Tip: Request a gulf view room. The higher the floor, the better!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Pat V
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for providing us with such positive feedback regarding your recent visit to The Sandpearl Resort. We are honored you think so highly of our resort, and I couldn't agree more. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Boston, MA
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Feel so lucky to have spent the week at the Sandpearl on Clearwater Beach. We had big plans for our week and ended up being very happy with long beach walks, visiting the gym and dining on great grilled fish. The hotel is beautiful and the staff are helpful and friendly. Gulf view room is nice and a little crowded for 4 but we were hardly in the room. My complaints are few and small - I just don't think they have all operations running smoothly. Leaf blowers started at 7:30 a.m. one morning - huge frustration for a group going to bed late. We asked for turn down service to come back in 1 hour and they never did. Came back to room at the end of the day and the room had been serviced but there was no shampoo or conditioner. My travel agent booked this and told them we were coming for daughter's graduation present and we were told we'd get some VIP treatment. Nothing was done and it would have been so easy for them to give a little gift or note. Food at hotel is very good. We ate at Tate's at the pool and Caretta's bar but also really enjoyed Clear Sky cafe for breakfast every morning and quite a few lunches at Frenchy's with delicious cajun grlled grouper. Beachcomber - Bobby's bistro was also very good except for the pizza. Must have dessert is the chocolate chip cookie pie across the street in Pelican Plaza - store might be called Cookie and Cream. Best splurge was the 1.5 hour jet ski tour arranged by concierge and going onto Caladesi Island. Sean was a great guide and got me going way too fast and flying off the jet ski but I think my bruises will go away soon. Absolutely perfect beach and Sandpearl is on a great spot on the beach with it's powder white sand.

Room Tip: Get as high up as possible and face the gulf...it's so much more beautiful.
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay at The Sandpearl Resort. I am delighted to hear that you had such a great time, and I also apologize for us not being aware of your daughter's graduation or we surely would have done something special for her. In the future do not hesitate to contact me at the resort if there is anything I can do prior to your arrival to enhance your stay. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again.

Royal Oak, MI
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My husband and I flew to Florida for a weekend "baby moon". We decided to splurge and stayed at the Sand Pearl. It was definitely a first rate resort! It had all the amenities we wanted...fantastic beach, pool, spa, and great dining. The resort seemed to have activities for all types. It was very family friendly with kids activities and a nice zero entry pool that was never too deep, but was great for those who were there without kids as well, with a waiter who would bring you drinks on the beach. We had dinner one night at Caretta and really enjoyed our seafood. The only complaint I have is that we were in a connecting room. The sound from our neighbor wasn't all that filtered out, as we could hear her talking or watching TV around 7:30 in the morning. We were hoping to sleep in a bit more while we were away from the kids. Other than that, no complaints.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay at The Sandpearl Resort in Clearwater Beach. I am so happy that you enjoyed our fantastic beach, pool, spa, and great dining options. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Just spent a great weekend at the Sandpearl celebrating a friend's wedding. The hotel is on the beach with a beautiful pool. The rooms are large with most having a beautiful view of the Gulf. It is very clean and the staff are friendly and helpful. The Sandpearl has a good spa with a small but nice fitness center. The dining options at the hotel are good (not great), but there are several great restaurants nearby. Clearwater and the Sandpearl is a nice place to go for a short mini break. There is not much to do in Clearwater other than veg out at the pool and the beach.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a gulf view room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Jason O, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Sandpearl Resort here in Clearwater Beach. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your weekend getaway with us. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again for another weekend getaway in the near future.

Naples, Florida
Reviewed April 15, 2013

When the Don Cesar refused to honor a promotional rate posted on its website, I selected the Sandpearl as the 2nd choice venue to celebrate my sister's milestone birthday. I'm really glad I did! We booked two rooms for the four of us and had a delightful four day/three night spa weekend.

I was particularly impressed by the Sandpearl staff's genuine welcoming nature and sense of appreciation that we were staying there. I've heard verbal commitments from other hotel employees that they wanted to insure our visit would be an enjoyable one, but these folks not only meant it, they delivered. Kudos to the manager who hired these employees and instilled a sense of pride in all that they do.

Because we were trying to economically coordinate the different flights and driving schedules of our group, we arrived at the resort six hours before the hotel's normal 4:00pm check-in time. The front desk personnel were very accommodating in storing our luggage, allowing us to use the facilities while we waited, told us they would do their best to have our rooms available as soon as possible, and would call my cell as our rooms became available. I've been in this situation before and assumed we'd be lucky to have one room assigned to us early. We were pleasantly surprised when I received calls within an hour that both rooms were available for us to enjoy! They even honored a promotion for a free upgrade to a junior suite for one of our rooms.

Two members of our group spent most of Friday at the Spa and reveled in the massage, facials, pedicures, and manicures not only for the quality of the treatments but the professionalism and friendliness of the staff.

We enjoyed Saturday's birthday dinner at the Caretta on the Gulf restaurant. The quality of food and service was first rate and a pleasant surprise compared to many other hotel restaurants we've experienced. I would recommend this facility as a destination restaurant.

We had one lunch at the Tate Island Grill and enjoyed the drinks, food, and casual atmosphere.

Because two of us had early evening flights, we requested late check-out. Previous bookings prevented them from extending our check-out for more than an hour, but they were more than accommodating in storing our luggage while we enjoyed a late lunch at a local restaurant prior to our departure.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank MC2500
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for writing a review of your recent stay at The Sandpearl Resort. I am delighted to hear that we were able to accommodate your travel schedule and allow you to store your luggage and enjoy the resort. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Clearwater Beach.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We went to sandpearl on Friday 5th April for 2 nights/3 days for my birthday. From the moment you get to the hotel you know you will be very well looked aftered. The doors are opened for you when you walk in. The receptionist managed to find us a room as soon as we got there
( 1pm) even though its not offically until 3pm. we were given buckets and spades for free and champayne!.

We made our way to the room, Gulf Front View, Gorgeous room however there was a hugh palm tree completely blocking our view of the beach and gulf. I immediantly rang reception who said they could move us upto the 6th floor at 4pm.

The view on the 6th floor was amazing. The beach was amazing. the water alittle cool but the sand was like powder.

The resort is beautiful and staff are so helpul, nothing is too much trouble. We had my birthday dinner at the caretta in a private dining room ( 6 adults and 7 children. Dinner was gorgerous, could not fault a thing. the evening was spent at a private firepit ( which my husband had organised) with a saxophonist and smoores!!!!! amazing.

Breakfast is also extremely good, a very well buffet spread with everything you could ask for.

I would love to have stayed here for longer. Sandpearl, thankyou for a wonderful weekend and I will be back :))

Room Tip: 6th floor, gulf front view. it really is worth it.
2 Thank Tinkerbellll
Dear Guest,

WOW, thank you so much for all of your positive feedback regarding your most recent stay at The Sandpearl Resort. I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your birthday weekend with us here and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.