“Gorgeous Hotel”

Sandpearl Resort
Ranked #8 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I visited this property for a work meeting. The hotel itself is beautiful. The rooms are top notch. I didn't get a chance to enjoy the pool and beach area but our conference room overlooked the area and boy was I missing out. They have a beautiful resort style pool and the beach looked very nice. We ordered lunch from Caretta and it was delicious. This isn't your typical beach hotel/motel. This is high class. I hope to return sometime soon for a getaway.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Jason O, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of The Sandpearl Resort. I am sorry to hear that you did not have an opportunity to enjoy the beautiful pool and beach area during your visit. Contact me at the resort the next time you plan to visit the area on vacation and I would be happy to assist you with your reservation. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Sandpearl Resort

Reviewed March 19, 2013

The Sandpearl was a very nice resort location in Clearwater. Great beach access and also wonderful pool area with hot-tubs. While the individual room where I stayed was relatively standard, the bathroom was larger than most hotels. Lindsay at the front desk was very helpful after there had been an error with our reservations. She worked with us, even to the extent of calling other hotels, to make sure that we were able to find a room for our three night stay. We ended up likely paying a higher rate due to our reservation snafu, however, we had a room on a night when there may not have been many options in the area. Thanks Lindsay! There are several restaurants within walking distance, along with other amenities.

Room Tip: The Gulf View rooms are surely better, but likely more expensive, also. Although, having a sitting...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Jason O, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review of The Sandpearl Resort. I apologize for the error on your reservation, but I am glad to hear that Lindsey was able to resolve the issue. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Clearwater Beach.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

The Sandpearl hotel is not cheap - we paid almost $500 a night for a three-night stay - but you expect to pay more for a "Luxury Resort Hotel." You are paying for the location, the atmosphere, the amenities, the easy access to fine finding, the pool, the spa, etc. The location was great - right on the Gulf with a beautiful white beach. But that is where I stopped being impressed because it is also RIGHT across the street from a bar with a very loud outdoor patio complete with band and crowds. On both Friday and Sunday nights we could not sleep until after the bar closed, sometime after 2 a.m. That was just one of the unpleasant surprises. Another was the $25 "Amenity Charge" that no one told us about until we checked out. When I inquired about the charge, I was told that it was for coffee, water and internet. Really?! First of all, when I signed up for the internet, it said it was "free." Guess not. Second, when I left a note for Housekeeping TWICE asking for ONLY regular coffee, not decaf and not green tea, my requests were ignored. And Housekeeping failed to leave new shampoo, body gel and conditioner despite near-empty bottles on the shelf. Television choices were limited - no Food Channel, no HGTV, ONE HBO channel, no MLB network (in a spring training town). At their fine dining restaurant, "Caretta on the Gulf," there is NO separation between the dining room and the bar, which has live music. Not a good thing. AND we had to return one of our meals because the steak was tough. No coffee in the lobby, by the way, although you could pay fie bucks for a Starbucks. No apples. No cookies. No "special treatment." The Sandpearl did not live up to its billing or its reviews at Hotels.com where I booked or here at tripadvisor.

Room Tip: Do NOT accept a room on the Mandalay Street side of the hotel unless you plan on being out until 2 a...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Donald S
Sandpearl_GM, General Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank your for taking the time to write your review of your recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort on Clearwater Beach. I was happy to hear that you like the location of our resort.

Please accept my apologies for the issues you had with the music from the restaurant across the street. We have been actively involved with the ownership of that restaurant to monitor their noise level but it sounds like that night it was too loud. I am very sorry for that. I am also sorry for the housekeeing issues you experienced while with us. I will share those comments with our Executive Housekeeper. Regarding your dinner at Caretta's, we normally get only rave reviews from the food served but it appears that your steak was not to your liking. Again, I am very sorry.

If you would like to speak in person regarding your stay please do not hesitate to contact me at the resort.

Regards,
Eric Waltz

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Me and my wife had a fab time. Well we wasn't husband and wife when we visited but. Got engaged at the sand pearl after taking a 3 day break from the kids in Orlando.

On arrival no one could have been more helpful. The concierge was phenomenal, recommending a quality Japanese on the docks.

Would I return, yes
Would I recommend yes

Awesome place, awesome location......... Visiting is a must!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Jason O, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

I think a congratulations is in order, so congratulations on your engagement and marriage! What an honor it is to be a part of that memory. Thank you for writing a review of the resort as we appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Just returned from Clearwater Beach, Florida....stayed at the Sandpearl Resort. Best location, cleanest, friendly staff, first rate. We did not rent a car...requested car service for a day into Tampa to International Plaza for shopping. Cheaper than rent car week of Spring Break. As well as Free Rides would pick up at hotel and take us anywhere in Clearwater for tip only. Walked to dinner most nights....whole area nice and clean compared to other beach towns! Great cheap breakfast/lunch right next door at restaurant.

Room Tip: View of the Gulf room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us with such positive feedback from your recent experience here at The Sandpearl Resort. It is great to hear that you were able to enjoy the resort as well as the area surrounding the resort throughout your vacation. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in early March. From the time we arrived until our departure, the service at the hotel was fast friendly and efficient - from valet service, to check-in to concierge and pool service. The lobby area was very pretty right down to the grand player piano with a key stuck in middle C! The rooms were a nice size and very clean. The bathroom was well -designed with hair dryer but a rather small tub. A $25 resort fee is charged to every room and includes wireless internet, beach towels, bottled water etc.

The outdoor pool is heated to 82F and there are several hot tubs available as well. We had a late lunch one day at the Grill next to the pool and the both the food and service were very good. The huge expanse of a really great sandy beach is just beyond the pool area although the ocean water was only about 59F. It is also an easy walk along the main street - Mandalay, in front of the hotel, to the T-shirt and souvenir shops and several restaurants and coffee shops. However, a car is really needed to travel in the area.

One of the highlights of the area is the Dali Museum and Gallery in St. Petersburg - well worth a visit. It's about a half hour drive from the hotel. If you happen to be in town in February - March, the Phillies play the Grapefruit League in nearby Clearwater and it's always fun to take in a ball game in a small stadium.

The hotel was good location if you like the beach and good service.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank allyurwishes

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review of your stay at The Sandpearl Resort. I always love to hear about great service provided throughout the entire resort, and I couldn't agree more about The Dali Museum and Gallery in St. Petersburg, what a special place. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Clearwater Beach.

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I am very picky when it comes to hotels and resorts. We do not mind paying higher rates for upscale service and accommodations, as long as we get our moneys worth. I do feel the Sand pearl is the best in the Clearwater Beach area. It is located near shopping (basic boardwalk shops) and restaurants. The rooms are nicely appointed. The bathrooms are great. We also loved the high ceilings and tall doors. Nice touch. We stayed in a two bedroom gulf suite at 1400ish a night. Spring training is going, so the rates reflect it. The staff gets the job done, but can make you feel like a cattle rushing you along. Our bell, Gene,was awesome. The staff needs to follow his lead. I will go agsin, but wait for a better deal.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Lov2travv

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that we were able to pleasantly surprise you during your visit to The Sandpearl Resort. It is always great to hear guests say that The Sandpearl is the best resort in Clearwater Beach. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit. If there is anything I can do to assist you with a future reservation please do not hesitate to contact the resort and ask for me.