Sandpearl Resort
La Quinta Inn Clearwater Central(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
$84
$168
$171
$152
$287
$249
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
Hotel Cabana Clearwater Beach(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
$146
$248
$190
Hilton.com
  • Beachfront
$187
Quality Hotel Clearwater Beach Resort(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
$176
$135
  • Beachfront
$215
  • Breakfast included
$173
2,588 results
All reviewstate island grillthe activities deskfire pitsand pearlglass of champagneclearwater beachzero entryclear sky cafejunior suiteturn down servicevalet parkingper daypool areapool servicebeautiful hotelbeach umbrellasan umbrella
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Our stay was pleasant and somewhat comfortable overall, I just wished they treated us better. It's clear that they prefer clients with money and treat everyone else kind of different. I mean, for a stay during the week, off season, you can honestly tell me that there are no better rooms that face the ocean directly?

Initially, we stayed in a bay view room, which was fabulous. Tall ceilings, very clean (a bit of dust under the beds is expected), very spacious, comfy. Pictures starting with the number 22 will reveal my point (ie 224903, 224911, etc.) They are referred to in my description as: bay view room.

We decided that since we were at the beach, we should get an ocean view room for the remaining of our stay. Long story short, they found us a "gulf view room" which basically gave us the view in picture 233314. Needless to say, we were extremely disappointed. Also, this room looked like no one had stayed in it in a WHILE because it was the epiphany of staff that apparently doesn't bother cleaning : stained bed skirts and comforters, dust so thick you could cut it with a knife, peeling paint, washroom and upholstery that have seen better days. I'm sorry, yet for an extra $$/night, I expect my room to be even more impeccable than the first one. Not to mention, this room felt smaller and the ceilings were really low.
I called the concierge asking the room to be dusted, I got a bit of an attitude and then, the same night, our room didn't receive turn down service (unrelated to the phone call?). Plus, I had to dust the night lamp myself. They did seem to have changed the comforter sheets, yet did nothing about the bed skirt or the dust anywhere else.

That is not to say that the staff didn't treat us well, that that food at Tate restaurant wasn't good, or that the pool area wasn't awesome, because they were.

Between this, the 25$/day resort fee, 20$/day valet parking, $$$ beach drinks, and 30$/day cabana rental, I am pretty sure that during our next trip to Florida we will be staying at the Doubletree in North Redington, where an ocean view room implies actually seeing and hearing the ocean. Yes, the nightlife is slightly better in Clearwater, but I think I am willing to compromise that for an actual ocean view room and less daily fees.

Beach and water were as super as always, definitely the best ones out there. The beach is worth coming back to even with your own chair and umbrella, not so sure about the "resort".

The days the weather was ugly, they didn't charge us for cabana rental, which was a nice gesture.

Finally, I am rating cleanliness as poor because of the second room.

Room Tip: Stick to a bay view room, they are cleaner and roomier, if you can do without an ocean view room. In the bay view room, music can get loud before 12am. Eat breakfast at the Clear Sky Cafe next door, they have a vast menu. Get your own drinks from CVS. Eat lunch at Frenchy's Rockaway Grill, it's yummy and the drinks are super cheap.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mira_que_Bella
Sandpearl_GM, General Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review of the Sandpearl Resort. I appreciate the feedback very much. I was glad to hear that you were happy with the service, Tate's Island Grill and the pool. Please accept my apologies for the Housekeeping issues you experienced. I will speak with our housekeeping department regarding your comments.

We do have several different view types available. Our Bayview rooms overlook the Clearwater Bay, not the Gulf of Mexico. The Gulf Front View overlooks our pool however has a Gulf View as well. Our Gulf Front Room look directly over the Gulf of Mexico. If you were looking for a view directly over the Gulf of Mexico you should have received a Gulf Front if they were available. My apologies for this misunderstanding.

Again, thank you for your feedback. If you would like to speak in person regarding your stay please feel free to contact me directly at the resort.

Regards,
Eric Waltz

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed here beginning of July after 13 nights in Orlando for 5 night for our Honeymoon. Really nice hotel. Good location on the beachfront with friendly staff. However the resort fee's,valet parking etc were quite expensive. The hotel has a nice pool area but all the sunloungers are gone by about 10am. This was probably due to the fact we stayed over 4th July. The beach Restaurant was really nice and the barmen were always coming round to take drinks orders and food. Never ate in the main restaurant as it was a bit fancy for us as you had to get dressed up and it wasn't really for us. The excursions desk are really helpful with different trips to do and organise these for you. The hotel was very good and I probably would stay again but Clearwater was a once in a lifetime trip and probably won't return for a while.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
courtneylb, Assistant Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Dear AshelyS,
Congratulations! I am so glad we were able to help create lasting memories for you and your husband! I am so pleased you enjoyed the resort and found our staff to be so friendly. We hope you are able to come back and visit for an anniversary trip.

Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

I like nice hotels... this was one of those! The location, the view! Mimosas at check in for the grown-ups... bucket and shovel for the kiddos...spacious clean room....located within walking distance to so many nice little places awesome.... great family hotel and so relaxing at the time... it is definitely a Pearl on the sand!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank 2starsNY

Dear 2StarsNY,
I am so pleased that you found our resort to be a pearl on the sand! It sounds like it was a fun trip for the whole family. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Only resort in clearwater with the pool on the beach level which is so convenient when you wanna just go for a stroll or go from the gulf to the pool. Other resorts have the pools raised up a level or floor. Room was clean and the view from a 5th floor king jr ste was awesome. The whole staff was great except one male bartender at the tate island grill who made my wife and I wait a little too long to place and order because he was flirting with another female guest. The concierge was exceptional with their advice and service. If I go back I will def stay here. Great restaurants just right outside the front door. A close drive to Dunnedin or taxi ride if your drinking, and really a close ride from the airport and to the Dali Musuem in Saint Petersburg.

Room Tip: 5th floor jr king suite has a great view of the gulf and you don't have to worry about any pool noise. The only knock would be with the roman bathroom it leaves little privacy between the rest of the suite and the bathroom. If you catch my drift...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank drock5

Dear Drock5,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your most recent stay. I am so pleased to hear that you found our resort to be the best on the beach with a great location and convenient layout. I am glad you enjoyed your junior suite with the fantastic views of the sunset. We certainly appreciate your business and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed at the resort for a large meeting. The resort handled our huge party very well. The food was fabulous, rooms beautiful and staff was very accommodating.

The only issue that I had is that the room walls are fairly thin and I was able to hear the doors and drawers in the room next to me being opened and closed.

The hotel is centrally located amongst restaurants and shops.

I will be back for both personal and business travel!

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a balcony, ocean view room because some rooms only have a window that overlooks the entryway
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear Duccessoftravel,
Thank you for your comments about your most recent stay. I am so pleased you had such a wonderful time while attending a meeting here at the Sandpearl resort. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.