“Beach of my dreams”

Sandpearl Resort
Ranked #7 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We stayed at the Sandpearl for 3 nights in March 2012. Everything was top-notch, rooms clean, staff friendly. Everything about it was expensive, but worth it for a relaxing few days in the sun. The sand at the beach is the softest I have ever felt, and the view from our ocean view room was fantastic. We didn't eat on the property except for lunch served to us at the beach from a fairly limited menu. I hadn't read much good about the restaurants on site, so we ventured off the property for breakfast and dinner, mostly eating at the Clear Sky Cafe which was right next door. We tried the spa which was also lovely. Would definitely come back even though I think it's a bit overpriced.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
courtneylb, Assistant Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2012

Dear Kpmacmill,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your most recent stay here at the Sandpearl Resort. I am so pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,492)

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We have just returned from holiday and spent a great two days at the sandpearl resort from arriving at the hotel we were made to feel special. The rooms were spacious, very clean and of a high quality. The staff were very helpful at all times. The pool was great with plenty of sunbeds. Great location right on the beach. We would deifinitely stay here again when we return to Clearwater. The only downside was that we were not staying for longer.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
courtneylb, Assistant Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Dear Craig541,
I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Sandpearl Resort. I am glad you found our staff to be helpful and that your time spent here you felt special. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

The rooms are clean and the standard room is just that. When you are used rewards programs and upgrades etc because of status you get disappointed when other hotels don't do the same. I would walk to any decent restaurant instead of eating here. The coffee bar is nice and great place to grab a yogurt/fruit/ coffee. The staff is efficient and attentive. The valet area has improved dramatically. I have stayed here 3 times and this visit was the best so far. Please discover the better places to eat nearby unless you can't walk to the end of the drive of the hotel. This p
Ace has great views, beautiful pool, great shady areas if wanted, great staff and the place is very clean. This was on a holiday weekend after the RNC in Tampa.

Room Tip: Get an ocean front room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Jennifer H,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your most recent stay with us. The Sandpearl Resort does participate in a program called I Prefer, it offers several benefits to our guest and you can sign up directly on their website. We appreciate your business and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Warm, friendly hotel staff, great views and beautiful beach made a recent stay there high note of the summer. Beautiful spa and terrific Caretta's restaurant made Clearwater an absolute return trip. Can't say enough positives about the spa staff.

Room Tip: Higher floors ensure you won't hear any pool noise either of guests or early morning maintenance...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear 297PMcL297,
I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and thank you for acknowledging our wonderful staff! I will certainly share your kind words with our management team. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I reside in Tampa and we come to the Sandpearl once or twice a year because we have always had a good experience there. We went this past Labor Day weekend for a night. When we arrived the people in front of us all received mimosas upon check-in. Sadly, we were not offered anything (we were dressed nicely and paying through the nose for this room.) There were simply not enough staff at the front desk. We were supposed to be in an ocean view room. If I craned my neck and looked out over the roof of a building I could in fact see the ocean. There was someone's hair in the shower (gross.) We went to the beach. There are not enough chairs and they charge for the privilege of sitting on one. I'm sorry but if you are paying this kind of money the chaise lounges should come with the cost of the room...the guys in the next room were up all night talking. I don't think they were very loud but the walls were paper thin. We were set up in adjoining room with them and they checked to open our door more than once. Not sure what they were expecting?? LOL Anyhow, I may try the Hyatt down the road next time. I was really disappointed this time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank pawill
Sandpearl_GM, General Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review of the Sandpearl Resort. Also, thank you for your continued patronage. Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you experienced at the Front Desk, room view, housekeeping and pool. I will share your comments with each of the respective departments.

In your review you commented on paying for pool chairs. All pool chairs are complimentary as are some of the chairs on the beach. The only chairs that we charge for are the chairs with umbrellas on the beach and they are rented for $25 per day. The reason for this charge is due to the limited supply and prevent others from reserving pool chairs as well as beach chairs. I am sorry if this was not communicated correctly to you.

Again, thank you for the feedback. I truly appreciate it. If you would like to speak personally please feel free to contact me directly at the resort.

Regards,
Eric Waltz

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I love this hotel! Great customer service & gorgeous clean rooms! Best hotel on Clearwater Beach! Great family hotel & wonderful location. Grille has awesome food but Caretta's is a bit too pricy for the food served. This is my kids favorite hotel on Clearwater Beach!

Room Tip: The suites are pricy but fabulous.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Nbolli,
I am so please to hear that your and you family thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us here at the Sandpearl resort. We appreciate you business and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is a beautiful new hotel on the beach in Clearwater. It is definately the best property on the beach. Overall service is very good and expected for the price. My wife and I stayed in August and we had a Jr King Suite overlooking the Gulf. We were picked up at the airport by their car service which was very nice and worth the convenience. Check in was a breeze and chanpaigne was given, Room was nicely appointed with large bathroom. Pool area was jammed with chairs and a bit busy with kids, Too Bad they do not have an adults pool as many upscale resorts. Pool service was available. Food and service at the patio restaurant was very good. Beach was clean with chairs available. No paper delivered to the door in the morning which was a surprise to me. If it rains hard (which is the case in southern FLorida) the Direct TV will go out for long period of times. General Manager was very responsive.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Step,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your most recent stay. I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed you time here at the Sandpearl Resort. We certainly appreciate your business and hope to welcome you back again soon.