Sandpearl Resort
La Quinta Inn Clearwater Central(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
$99
$160
$229
$161
  • Breakfast included
Quality Hotel Clearwater Beach Resort(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
$149
$152
$169
Hotwire.com
2,560 results
All reviewstate island grillthe activities deskfire pitsand pearlglass of champagneclearwater beachzero entryclear sky cafejunior suiteturn down servicevalet parkingper daypool areapool servicebeautiful hotelbeach umbrellasan umbrella
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We've been to the Sandpearl twice now, and we rarely go to the same place twice. Its attentive service, beautiful property, great location, and well maintained rooms make us feel spoiled. The food at Tate Grill on site is very good, and you can eat there or get pool deck service. We love the zero entry part of the pool, perfect for our small kids and the activities desk even loans out some pool toys. The powdery sand beach was clean with some lounges and umbrellas, although they are located a good distance back from the water because the beach is so deep. The activities desk also puts out toys and games, such as hula hoops, soccer nets and balls, and bean bag toss. One night, the hotel had an inflatable movie screen in the pool and s'more roasting activities. One downside is that if you want to get dinner elsewhere, there's not a lot of good options. And of course, you pay for all these great amenities! There's a daily amenity fee on top of your per night rate, plus parking. It is, however, probably the best hotel/beach area I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank nikkibo77
courtneylb, Assistant Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2012

Dear Nikkibo77,
I am so glad to hear that you and your family had such a wonderful time here at the Sandpearl Resort. It sounds like your children really enjoyed our pool deck and the different children’s activities we have available. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

Just got back from a 4 night stay. Perfect weather and will come back. The property is kept very clean and as busy as they are they are able to do a good job of keep up with maintanance.

Drinks and food were pricey, no surprise. There is a reason the two or 3 resturants next door to the hotel are packed. Great food and reasonable prices.

I would only stay here if I had the gulf/ocean view room or direct gulf view. The noise and views from the other rooms would not be my idea of a nice vacation.

A few compliants:

I read so many people talk about the glass of champagne offered upon check in. They forgot to offer me one! I could have used it after the traffic jam into town.

I allowed the staff to bring my suitcases and carry on up to my room. Took 3 calls and almost an hour to get them! Never again!

There seems to be a general lack of security at this property. Anyone can come in off the public beach, grab a towel left on a chair and use the pool. I think this helps explain why the pool was so crowded. Also the chairs around the pool are so close they are touching each other. It makes it tough to get in and out of the pool at certain spots.

One day we were there, an idiot and his friend were in the pool throwing a full size leather foot ball across the length of the pool. The Sandpearl staff did nothing. It took two large male guests to get them to stop. The Sandpearl has to recognize this as a major liability. If a child was hit in the face, the would have had fractured facial bones.

I feel you they need someone checking room keys/wrist bans etc at the public entrances. Also someone to enforce basic pool rules. Keeping young children out of the hot tubs (parents seem to not be able to read and understand the signs) and moniter the practice of people putting towels on a chaise lounge at 8am and leaving it there all day. The Hyatt removes them if after 1 hr no one is seen at the chair.

Overall, I loved staying here and found the pool activity desk employees happy and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Recently stayed at the Sandpearl Resort and was very impressed. The location is perfect. It's right on the nicest beach in Florida and it has everything you need. Theer is a nice outdoor bar and grille along the beach, with tables and chairs on a "boardwalk". It's also right next to Frenchy's on the Beach"- one of my favorite spots. The pool area is very nice and more suited for families, since the pool depth averages around 3 1/2 feet, but everything is well done.

Room Tip: Best rooms are with a view of the pool and beach.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
courtneylb, Assistant Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2012

Dear SupaFrank,
Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. I am glad you and your friends enjoyed our resort and the local area. Our pool depth ranges from 3 ½ to 5 feet and has a gradual entry. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope you are able to visit with us again soon.

Reviewed April 10, 2012

Everything first class. Really comfy bed; nice bar area in room + nice BIG bath; poolside wait staff very attentive; sunset fire on the beach. Just wonderful

Room Tip: I got a balcony facing inland towards the intracoastal; The sliding door and a side window showed the waterway and bridges and islands to the south from the bed - heaven to wake up to!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear KristinS,
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that we are able to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Great hotel for visiting Clearwater. Superb location on beach and close to shops.
Room very clean and tastefully decorated.

• Stayed: April 2012

Dear HolidayGod,
I am glad you enjoyed staying with us at the Sandpearl Resort. It sounds like you really enjoyed our resort and the local area.