Sandpearl Resort
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Traveler Motel(Clearwater)
2,588 results
All reviewstate island grillthe activities deskfire pitsand pearlglass of champagneclearwater beachzero entryclear sky cafejunior suiteturn down servicevalet parkingper daypool areapool servicebeautiful hotelbeach umbrellasan umbrella
Reviewed November 29, 2011

The Sandpearl Resort puts many other beach properties to shame. Everything just seems to come together at this property. The beach is great, room nice and up to date. The pool was enjoyed by all. The beach bar was fun and lunch was good there as well. Prepare to spend some money if you prefer to eat at the resort but no more than any other comparable property. The staff were all great as well. I look forward to a return trip in 2012.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
courtneylb, Assistant Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2011

Dear Beachlover068,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thought about your most recent stay here at the Sandpearl Resort. I am so glad that you enjoyed the resort and beach area. We look forward to your return trip next year!

Reviewed November 27, 2011

This was our 2nd time staying at the Sandpearl. The location is exceptional and the accomodations are quite nice. I did notice that it is looking just a bit worn and the staff have lost a bit of their hospitality edge we previously experienced. Also not too thriled with Dasani in the rooms for water - yuck - it screams cheap and this is not a cheap resort. Some advice - I noticed quite a few guests commenting on the additional charges such as resort fees, valet, etc. You may want to include those and just raise the price.

Room Tip: Try to get rooms with a sofa - they are much roomier. Also if you do not plan on staying beachfront request a bayfront room as the rooms on each side have a lot of noise from the restaurants/bars.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Gators17

Dear Gators17,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay. I apologize if you felt as though our staff was not up to par during your last visit. It is the goal of all of our staff to create an exceptional experience for all of our guests. Our resort fee is a standard fee that includes an array of amenities convenient in one single charge. Our valet charge is not included with the rate as some of our guests do not have vehicles during their stay.

Reviewed November 18, 2011

This is a great hotel on a fantastic beach. Clearwater is completely self contained, and the location makes it that you don't need a car to get to anything. If you love long walks on the beach, you can hike to Caladesi Park which is like being in the Caribbean. Try to get ocean exposure, or the North side so you can see the sunsets.

There is a great pool, but it gets somewhat crowded and there is no area to swim laps. The restaurant was a disappointment in terms of slow service and somewhat formal considering the location, but there is a lot around the hotel.

The spa is really really great. Really great. Looking forward to going back.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family

Dear Mimibee,

I am glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay here at the Sandpearl Resort. Clearwater beach does have many shops and restaurants just steps from the resort.

I do apologize that you received slow service in our main dining room, I will certainly pass along your comments to our food and beverage team. It sounds as though you enjoyed your time spent at the spa, we hope you are able to return soon.

Reviewed November 18, 2011

I told just one person it my wife's birthday and the whole staff responded in many memorable ways. First, the suite was huge and more importantly extremely comfortable. Let's not forget the fabulous view from our top floor corner suite. We enjoyed the beach, warm pool and hot tub. A big jacuzzi tub and shower in our room. Left the balcony door opened and listened to the wind and surf. The location was beautiful but the staff made it an occasion we will never forget!!! A BIG thanks to all.

Room Tip: Top floor corner suites are huge!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
courtneylb, Assistant Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2011

Dear Kirfarm,

Thank you for you kind word we are so pleased that you and your wife enjoyed the resort. I am glad you found your suite to be spacious and comfortable. We appreciate your business and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed November 9, 2011

Spent 5 days at the Sandpearl for a November wedding. If you are looking for a family friendly Florida destination and don't mind spending good money to get a good hotel then this is a good option.

We generally like more tropical locations but seeing as it wasn't our wedding the choice was off the table! This hotel makes Florida look good. The beach is fantastic with the finest white sand of any location I have travelled to. Also a ton of sea shells for the kids to collect. My wife and I travelled with two kids (10 months and 2 1/2 years) and this was a great family location. Here are the specific details:

Rooms: stayed in a gulf view suite (840). The suite is the way to go with kids as it provides a separate bedroom (with its own balcony). This allowed us to get the kids down in main area and then have the bedroom/bathroom/balcony to ourselves. There was also a full kitchen which we stocked so we could have snacks kids dinners before going out for dinner ourselves. Balconies are not private as each one is right beside the next but the view on the gulf side is amazing...great sunset. Here is a big complaint: What is with the mini pillows? They are half the size of a king pillow and we found them hard to get comfortable on. Besides the size (I mean having stayed at hundreds of hotels they are the only ones I have seen...what is with this?) they were also slightly lumpy. Good thing the bed was comfortable! Change the pillows and you have a winning combination.

Amenities: Pool was great, sloping spot for the little ones to get in and out. Temperature was good as was the hot tub. Lots of pool chairs and umbrellas. We were always up early but never felt we had to rush to get a chair. For the serious sunners there may have been some competition.
They provided pool toys and a play area with ping pong/corn toss/chess/checkers. Good for entertainment. Beach was great as mentioned with lots of chairs, great sand and room to walk. With two kids we had no spa time (our favorite) but a family member who is a connoiseur of massages had a great one.

Food: Caretta has a good breakfast buffet, standard fare with a few nice touches (great omelettes). Their lunch/dinner menu is great. Ceviche was excellent as was the sushi (surf and turf was a favorite). Dinner there was very good (good cuts of meat, good oysters, diver scallops, crab cakes) though many in our group found the food salty.

Tate Island Grille was just ok. Crab cakes were good as were the quesadillas. Grouper sandwich and chicken sandwich were not very good nor were the fries. Buns on the sandwiches were not very fresh or exciting and neither were the toppings....at a resort like this I would expect some ingenuity!

Poolside menus should offer some fresh/lighter fare like the sushi/ceviche from Caretta...my wife never wants to eat a burger while she sits in her bathing suit. Also, on vacation the light/fresh fare just seems more appropriate.

Starbucks: Great service and great coffee. Croissants were fresh...nice alternative to start the day off when you have been up all night with two kids!

Service: Generally very good. The front desk was excellent. One issue: We arrived in a rental car and valet parked it but then returned it and were without a car for the balance of our stay. On final billing we were charged for everyday...they cleared this up quickly and checkin/checkout were a breeze. The bellmen were also great (went out of their way to assist us and did it in a timely manner). Conceirge was good as well. Cleaning staff were a bit patchy, forgetting waters one day, coming in when we have a privacy sign on the door (this happened twice, could have been a bit awkward). Wedding service was a little bit off. Servers had no personality bordering on rude at times (would be a long story but wow...funny looking back but not so at the time...I think the groom (my brother) could have done without the stress).

Final comments: Great overall resort (8 out of 10). Clean, comfortable, great pool and beach. That said we are foodies and save for a few of Caretta's dishes we just didn't find it memorable enough....lacking the fresh/original elements. Also the prices are steep. Room charges are high enough but add on a daily resort fee, and 18% gratuity and tax on every resort charge then it all adds up quickly. My thought is bury the resort fee in the room charge so we know going in what we're in for!

All in all a great spot. If I were to go back to the area I would definitely go to the Sandpearl.

Room Tip: Gulf view is the way to go! If going with kids then a suite is great.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank TheEssentialLife
courtneylb, Assistant Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2011

Dear Groomtobe,

Thank you so much for your extensive review of our resort, I am so please that you and your family enjoyed your time here. I understand you found our pillows to be on the small size. Our pillows are a standard size of 20x26. I will certainly share your feedback and recommendations with our management staff. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.