“Overpriced Disappointment”

Cesare's At The Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
Cesare's At The Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 750 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sandkey Bridge
Transit: Jolley Trolley, PSTA pick ups in front of restaurant
Description: Both born and raised in Italy, our founders Cesare and Carlo, know what an authentic Italian meal means. Family and friends gathering around to enjoy each others company with a good glass of wine and the perfect dish. Savor Italy's finest flavors including our award winning lasagna and pastas. Real and hard to find Italian specialities such as pappardelle with imported porcini and wild mushrooms, veal ossobuco, filet mignon in a Brandy sauce, fresh fish and seafood, veal classics and homemade desserts. You can dine in or "al fresco" overlooking the water and Sand Key Bridge while being pampered by our professional staff.
Reviewed August 9, 2011

I dined here with my wife while on a mini vacation after reading great reviews. My first impression was that this was a restaurant that wants to be more exclusive and elegant than its location, staff, and food warrant. Located in something like a strip mall, we were greeted by a middle-aged lady with a dress high enough on her leg to leave nothing to the imagination. The owner strutted around in a half-unbuttoned shirt, and the wait staff was coarse and unfriendly. The owner also loudly proclaimed that they should send home any staff that wanted to leave early; I suppose because they were not busy. The decor was a facade - a little italiano here and there, but still a shop in a strip mall. The menu? $18 for a plate of pasta alfredo with no meat? Really? We opted for appetizers and salads. My appetizer, the Calamari, was the most rubber-like I have ever had. The coating was not well-browned - came out almost white-looking, yet the tentacle pieces were hard like bone. I would NOT recommend this place.

5  Thank cmonaghan76

Reviewed August 9, 2011

The concierge at the hotel suggested Cesare. Lets just say, it was the best meal!!!! We had a party of 9, so, we had A LOT of food. Everything was amazing!!!! Our waiter, James, was great, too! We would go back often if we lived close enough!

Reviewed August 6, 2011

Food I would rate excellent/very good, service I rate above average (keeping in mind only one other table had guests, place was empty, I like to rate service during busy times that a true testimony) atmosphere was a bit "business like" felt rushed, I did not feel comfortable, or "at home" We had basic pasta dishes one dish included chicken NO WINE, water and soft drinks, and I was stunned when received the bill way overpriced for pasta I dont care how good the food was, and it was, it was still PASTA............holy Godfather it was expensive. Not sure if I would go back, maybe!

Reviewed August 1, 2011

During our recent visit to Clearwater Beach, we ate at Cesare's on the beach based on Trip Advisor recommendations. Outside of Italy, this may have been our best Italian meal EVER! Service was exceptional and Cesare was just back from a vacation in Italy and we enjoyed talking with him at the table. As a group of 10, we all ordered someting different and were not disappointed, chicken parmesan, chicken piccata, gnocchi and the special of homemade saccatinni(little cheese filled pillows of heaven) eggplant rollatini and the blush and marinara sauces were delicious. We cancelled reservations at another restaurant to go back there the night before we left. Homemade desserts and an after dinner limoncello made this our MOST memorable meal at Clearwater beach! DO TRY!!!!

Reviewed May 14, 2011

The food and service at Cesare was excellent. The owner, Cesare Tini, greets everyone at the door and welcomes you to his restuarant. Our waiter was very attentive and offered suggestions on the mennu. I strongly recommend this place.