Hampton Inn & Suites Clearwater / St. Petersburg - Ulmerton Road
Ranked #15 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed April 8, 2014

The location to the airport is the best, clean rooms, and quiet, nice shower. was not able to experience the breakfast it closed down at 10 am. on sunday. I thought it might stay open until 11am. no problem

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Clearwater / St. Petersburg - Ulmerton Road, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

Steven R
Thank you for sharing your experience from Hampton Inn Clearwater. It's great to hear that our close proximity to the airport and clean accommodations made for an enjoyable stay. I apologize for any miscommunication regarding our breakfast service times. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again. Thank you again for writing.

Robert Knauff, General Manager

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Clearwater / St. Petersburg - Ulmerton Road

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Above average hotel, staff is very friendly and helpful. In house facilities are good and meet business traveller expectation. However rooms are not equipped with fridge and microwave, which I am used to at other Hampton locations in St. Pete's.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Milind V,
Thank you for taking a moment to write a review from your stay at Hampton Inn Clearwater. We're happy to have been a part of your business travels, and we're glad our friendly staff and facility exceeded your expectations. We appreciate your feedback on all areas and thank you again for writing. We hope to see you again at our property.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Nice Hampton. Clean and quite comfortable room. Microwave, fridge, coffee maker all the necessities while on the road. Walking distance from Starbucks. Always try to stay here while in Tampa for business.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Clearwater / St. Petersburg - Ulmerton Road, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Steven S,
We're happy to hear of your comfortable stay and thank you for choosing Hampton Inn Clearwater. Please continue to make us your number one choice hotel while in Tampa for business. We look forward to your next visit. Thanks again!

Reviewed March 15, 2014

If you are traveling on the Gulf side of Florida near Clearwater/St. Petersburg, this is the hotel to stay at with amenities that will make your stay excellent. The staff are willing to help with any needs you may have, and the rooms are clean and comfortable. They have cable tv, hi-speed internet, health room, pool and great breakfast. I always stay at this Hampton Inn whether I am visiting family my family or going to the Casino in Tampa (which by the way is very close - 23 mi.).

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Barbara H,
Thank you for sharing your feedback and recommendations of our great hotel. It's fantastic to know that our amenities, service, and location consistently make your stay an excellent one. We appreciate you choosing Hampton Inn Clearwater for your travels and we hope to welcome you back again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Definitely worth the price. Complimentary breakfast with a happy, bubbly breakfast attendant each morning. The rooms are clean. The staff, especially housekeeping, are very friendly and seem like they genuinely care. Great experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Clearwater / St. Petersburg - Ulmerton Road, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Jamie M,
Thank you for writing a review and reflecting on your great experience at Hampton Inn Clearwater. Recognition from our guests on the genuine and hospitable service delivered during their stay brings us great satisfaction. We have a dedicated team that is eager to please and work hard to provide our guest's with the exceptional stay they deserve. I look forward to sharing your compliments and hope you will return for another visit in the near future. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

The location was good, near restaurants. It was right acorss from Cracker Barrel, and a very good restauant to eat at was THe Chop house.We like the pool area. THe staff was okay, and the beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Clearwater / St. Petersburg - Ulmerton Road, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Karen P,
Thank you for writing a review from your stay with us at Hampton Inn Clearwater. We're glad you enjoyed our comfortable beds, along with our location and pool area. We hope you'll return for another visit in the future. Thanks again!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Service - Our check in experience was extremely sub-par. We had a late check in, and unfortunately experienced the night time staff. (Demaryius?) When I arrived, I was given the wrong room contract to sign. I was then told that the water/snacks that I requested were for Diamond members only, even though they are for Gold/Diamond (I am a Gold member) and the sign clearly states it. Usually not a big deal, but I needed the water for my infant's formula and was told I needed to pay $2-3 per bottle unless I was Diamond. I inquired about the Pack and Play that I had requested weeks earlier, and was told that they do not have cribs or Pack and Plays, and the only thing he could give me for my infant was a roll away bed (The Pack and Play was actually in our room due to the more efficient day time staff). When we arrived at our room, I found that our key (1 key) was not even activated, so I had to go BACK downstairs with our fussy baby bothering the rest of the patrons and adding even more stress to our check in process already after midnight. Each time I went downstairs during night time hours he was busy with his girlfriend (I assume) or busy with a shady looking person in a sweat-suit coming in and out. This other character did not make me feel like my family was safe one bit.

The daytime staff was much better, but how do you have someone working alone at night that can't even check someone in properly and has no idea about Hampton policy and procedure.

Value - The value was decent for a quality building so close to the airport.

Sleep Quality - I had no trouble sleeping. The bed was comfortable and there were no noise problems.

Cleanliness - The hotel was pretty clean. Nothing stood out good or bad.

Location - The location is very good. Very close to the PIE airport.

Rooms - No issues with our room. Everything was clean and comfortable.

I really considered an average review, but after much thought, I really could not get past the clueless night time staff. A hotel's check in staff and corresponding service is basically the face of your facility, and should be addressed first and foremost.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Clearwater / St. Petersburg - Ulmerton Road, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Eric D,
We value your loyalty as a rewards member and appreciate your honest assessment. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the service failures you encountered while checking in to our hotel. I would like to discuss this matter directly so we can work towards a suitable resolution that reflects Hampton's guarantee in consistent, friendly service that all our guests deserve. I look forward to hearing from you and hope to restore your faith in our product and service team. Thank you again for writing.