Hampton Inn & Suites Clearwater / St. Petersburg - Ulmerton Road
Ranked #16 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a couple days while traveling for business. It's slightly below average for cleanliness and room quality, as far as Hamptons go. My unexpected visit occurred during the middle of the day towards the end of my trip. I was in my room working with the do not disturb sign hanging on the door. I was dressed in business attire but had taken my pants and shirt off so as not to wrinkle them while I was lying in bed working on my laptop. I heard a knock on the door and somebody say something which I couldn't understand. I quickly jumped out of bed to get dressed but before I could even get my pants on the door opened. I yelled "hey, there's somebody in here". A man quickly closed the door as he apologized and said something about counting microwaves and refrigerators. I went down to the front desk later and asked why someone would enter my room without permission especially when I had a do not disturb sign on the door. The front desk attendant apologized and said they are never supposed to do that. He told me he would have the General Manager contact me. Later that night I got a half hearted apology message left on my room phone that was more an attempt to rationalize what he had done rather than an apology. Needless to say I wasn't happy with how the GM handled the situation and won't be returning to that hotel anytime soon.

• Stayed: April 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Clearwater / St. Petersburg - Ulmerton Road, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

grjeff,
Thank you for writing. I am very sorry for the problems connected with your stay. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and sincerely apologize for the experience you had while staying with us. I can assure you this has been addressed with our staff. Your feedback is important to me and I apologize for your unhappiness with the way the situation was handled. As the new General Manager, I would be happy to discuss further and express my sincere apologies. Please feel free to contact me directly 727.572.7456. We value you as our guest and hope you will give us another chance the next time you travel to the Clearwater. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Value for traveling with a family. Very consistant know matter where you go. The free breakfest, internet and no addtional parking fees add to the added value. We always know what we are going to expect when we travel and stay at a Hampton.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Clearwater / St. Petersburg - Ulmerton Road, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Jeff H,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Hampton Inn Clearwater. I’m pleased to hear we consistently meet your expectations with our service and the variety of value added amenities that we’re proud to offer our guests. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to Clearwater. Thanks again.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I found this hotel to be one of the best during our vacation in Florida during the spring of 2013. From the moment we arrived the staff was well above par. I usually do not give high praise for anyplace, but, I have to tip my hat to this hotel and staff. So, so friendly and helpful. The rooms was fresh and super clean. We all commented on the bed comforter as they were very comfy and eye appeal. Not the norm for hotels.... Thanks for a great stay Hampton Inn :)

Michael T,
We appreciate your review and complimentary feedback about our great hotel and friendly staff. I’m pleased to hear we exceeded your expectations with the cleanliness of our rooms and our staff’s excellence in service. We’re happy to have been a part of your spring vacation, and we hope you’ll have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We travel to Florida every Spring for a week of bicycling. When in the Clearwater area, as we were last week, we always stay at the Hampton Inn on Ulmerton Road. The staff is super friendly, especially Betty in the breakfast area and Alesha at the front desk. We can always count on a clean room and comfortable bed after a long day of cycling. Kudos to Betty, Alesha and the entire staff for making our hotel stay in Clearwater a great experience!

Karen & Dave Kroninger

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Clearwater / St. Petersburg - Ulmerton Road, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Karen-Dave K,
Thank you for writing a review on your experience with us at Hampton Inn Clearwater. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us every Spring for your annual week of bicycling. It’s wonderful to receive your complimentary feedback about our clean rooms, comfortable beds, and the excellent service you received from our friendly staff. I’ll be sure to recognize Betty and Alesha with a special commendation for their excellence in service. We hope you had a great ride this year and can’t wait to see you again next Spring! Thank you again for writing!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

This was a great location for our stay and we loved the staff...I had my kids with me and they enjoyed pool.. Beds were comfy and we loved the free breakfast and the large area to hang with friends and family to play games and watch tv... will return again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Clearwater / St. Petersburg - Ulmerton Road, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Donna S,
Thank you for your review about your stay with us at Hampton Inn Clearwater. It’s wonderful to receive your kind comments about our convenient location, great staff and comfortable accommodations. I’m glad to hear your kids enjoyed the pool and the spacious areas for playing games and watching tv. We hope you will return soon for some for family fun. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing this review.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Front Desk staff excellent & helpful. There were very beneficial to our team that stayed there. Anything that we needed they were there for us and We appreciated there hospitality. The quality and cleanness of hotel were also excellent.

Jay Y
We’re happy to hear from you and glad to have had you as our guest at Hampton Inn Clearwater. It’s wonderful to receive your kind comments about our staff’s excellence in service and our hotel’s high level of cleanliness. We appreciate you and your team choosing to stay with us and we hope to have you as our guest again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We spent two days of our spring break at this hotel. The rooms were clean and had everything we needed. The hotel was crowded and the brekfast was crowded, but the staff did a great job keeping everything stocked and fresh. When it was particularily busy, someone from the office, I believe the sales manager, would come out and help. Excellent teamwork to make the guests happy.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Clearwater / St. Petersburg - Ulmerton Road, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

ToddSIndiana,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us at the Hampton Inn. We’re happy to have been a part of your spring break vacation and appreciate your complimentary feedback on our hotel and staff. We have a wonderful team that is dedicated to working together in providing a great experience for each guest. We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope to see you again soon. Thanks again for writing!