I stayed at this hotel for a couple days while traveling for business. It's slightly below average for cleanliness and room quality, as far as Hamptons go. My unexpected visit occurred during the middle of the day towards the end of my trip. I was in my room working with the do not disturb sign hanging on the door. I was dressed in business attire but had taken my pants and shirt off so as not to wrinkle them while I was lying in bed working on my laptop. I heard a knock on the door and somebody say something which I couldn't understand. I quickly jumped out of bed to get dressed but before I could even get my pants on the door opened. I yelled "hey, there's somebody in here". A man quickly closed the door as he apologized and said something about counting microwaves and refrigerators. I went down to the front desk later and asked why someone would enter my room without permission especially when I had a do not disturb sign on the door. The front desk attendant apologized and said they are never supposed to do that. He told me he would have the General Manager contact me. Later that night I got a half hearted apology message left on my room phone that was more an attempt to rationalize what he had done rather than an apology. Needless to say I wasn't happy with how the GM handled the situation and won't be returning to that hotel anytime soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Clearwater/St. Petersburg-Ulmerton Road, FL hotel is minutes away from St. Petersburg/Clearwater International Airport and a short drive to many businesses and attractions.Explore 35 miles of white-sand beaches, including Fort De Soto Park, Caladesi Island and Clearwater Beach. Visit St. Pete Pier, a recreational pier featuring dining, fishing and family events in cultural downtown St. Petersburg. Visit Pier 60 on Clearwater Beach for shopping, playgrounds and beautiful sunsets when you stay at this hotel in Clearwater/St. Petersburg.Attend sporting events at Tropicana Field, home of the Tampa Bay Rays, or Philadelphia Phillies Spring Training at Bright House Field, just 8 miles from the hotel. Practice your swing at numerous golf courses in the area. If you prefer the arts, visit the Gulf Coast Museum of Art and Salvador Dali Museum, or appreciate nature at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium.Start your day with Hampton's free hot breakfast. Stay in touch with your family and the office with free high-speed internet access in your room or in our 24-hour business center. After a day at the beach or in meetings, relax in your clean and fresh Hampton bed®. Among Clearwater/St. Petersburg hotels, you’ll find our first-class service and accommodations are close to it all, but far above the rest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Clearwater / St. Petersburg - Ulmerton Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Clearwater / St. Petersburg - Ulmerton Road Hotel
- Hampton Inn And Suites Clearwater / St. Petersburg - Ulmerton Road
- Hampton Inn Clearwater
- Clearwater Hampton Inn