“Great find in Clearwater!”

Camelot Beach Resort
Indian River, Michigan
“Great find in Clearwater!”
Reviewed October 4, 2010

My husband and I stayed here in April for 4-day getaway from the Michigan cold. Check-in was a bit tricky, as we got here after 5 p.m. and had to go to their other property down the beach to check in, but after that, our stay was fantastic. Our room was very clean & the staff was very friendly. The location is great with the beach right across the street and it's easy walking to all the shops and restaurants. We're planning on coming back as soon as we can and we just might bring the kids this time.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank IndianRiverMomma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Lansing, MI
Reviewed February 1, 2010

Me and my friends had spring break at these condos. We checked in with no problem. The whole week we stayed, there were clean towels and freshly made beds every day.

Had an a great time and the staff was awesome!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed December 5, 2008

i travel to clearwater as much as i can with or without the kids and this is great for both esepcially with kids. worked mostly with the condo owner herself who was very nice. great location liked having the kitchen and roof top grill, nice to go to the fishing dock and purchase fresh fish and grill it on the roof. the bathroom was a little small. beach right across the street, laundromat next door, kid's rec center around the corner. the pools was 5 steps from the front door.

• Liked — the kitchen
  • Disliked — the bathroom
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
clearwater
Reviewed July 6, 2008

I had a beach wedding in May, 2008. I own a condo on Clearwater Beach and I thought it would be nice for my wedding guests to stay nearby and not have to deal with the expense of the local large hotel chains. The Camelot, I thought, would be great - my guests could take most of the 22 rooms, get to know each other, and enjoy their time on Clearwater Beach.

The staff was nothing but rude to each of my guests and a week before the wedding, they lost my one-night reservation for the night of the wedding (my "Honeymoon Suite") and then informed me that I would have to follow the two-night minimum, an apparently new rule! I obviously couldn't use the Honeymoon Suite two nights as I was leaving on my actual honeymoon the next day, and it didn't matter to them that I had provided them with so much business. They were not accommodating.

My guests were shocked to find out that they had to clean their rooms and take out the garbage or else lose their $200 deposit, which I was unaware they even had to provide.

In general, the staff was unfriendly and unhelpful, and the hotel has arbitrary rules that make the stay very unpleasant!

• Disliked — customer service
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
5 Thank misvic126
SeminoleSteven, Director of Sales at Camelot Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for your review. You will be happy to know that Camelot Resort has been under new Ownership/Management for almost two years and EVERYTHING is different and better!! Newly remodeled rooms, excellent staff and clean and inviting property. We look forward to having you visit us in the future!!
Gainesville, FL
Reviewed May 20, 2008

Ok to give you background, we booked with the Royal Camelot because I was in a wedding on Clearwater Beach and because this "motel" was across the street from her condo, she asked us to book there.

The rooms are individually owned, but managed through TRS (Travel Realty Service). I feel sorry for the individual owners, because the people at TRS are rude, and have NO customer service skills. They did not care that they came VERY close to ruining the entire wedding.

It all started the week before the wedding when room types were changed without notification (from a one bedroom to a studio), two night minimums we sprung on us (without previous notice)- they even charged the bride for two nights for the honeymoon suite (after they had told her they weren't going to), several of us lived close enough by, we didn't need to stay there at all, but they still charged for two nights. Another last minute surprise was the $200 deposit (that apparently the housekeeping staff gets to choose whether or not you get it back or not).

Other than the dealings with the manager-in-training, Annette, and Karen dropping the ball on requests, the rooms were pretty decent. Other than the tile floors being disgustingly dirtly (we couldn't walk around barefoot!) After showering, we walked around the room to get dressed and ready and within a half an hour my feet were black.... no joke, black!!!

The bathrooms in some rooms are SMALL and some are huge with jacuzzi tubs (but you pay the same price for either). I would try to book 110 if you decide to book at all.

• Disliked — The management company and their lack of customer service!!!!!!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank UFPharmD
Glastonbury, CT
Reviewed May 10, 2008

Stayed in Room 101, which had a kitchenette, large bedroom and two bathrooms.

Very clean, but courtyard area where pool is is small and can get noisy depending on who else is staying there. I would recommend second floor just for the noise factor.

Some employees are very attentive - one in particular was out to lunch (literally and figuratively).

I would recommend if you are there mostly to spend your time out on the beach. If you want services and a resort style vacation, go down the street and pay a bit more for the Sandpearl.

• Liked — Close proximity to beach, large room, cleanliness
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Colafina
NY
Reviewed October 13, 2007

I booked a room for the Labor Day weekend through Expedia in August. Less than 24 hrs, I received a call from Expedia and an agent told me the hotel was not able to give me a room on that day due to a wedding. The agent then transferred me to another hotel that is much far away from Clearwater Beach. The agent said the hotel room is $200 per night with breakfast. When I checked the price of that hotel, I found that the daily rate is lower than $200 and even the rate of Camelot. I was very very angry and I definitely refused the offer. The agent then said Expedia would refund to me and give me $25 coupon as compensation.

What could I do then? Less than 24 hr before my vacation on Labor Day weekend? Lucky us! My husband and I capable to find and booked another hotel and resolve this outrageous, unnecessary disturb.

After the vacation, I did not write any review for this incident, as I haven't had any time or energy to do so. But tonight, when I see the credit card bill and the payment for Camelot is STILL charged, my husband and I are completely [-] off and we do think we need to inform future customers how unprofessional is the hotel and Expedia towards customer.

By the way, a little side track. When my husband finished a call with the Expedia’s agent, he accidentally picked up the conversations b/w the agent and the manager of Camelot on the phone. The agent was just trying to do a favor for the Camelot hotel to dumb us to other hotels! They don't care about the customers! This is how Expedia’s attitude towards customer!

This is really a very very nasty experience of booking hotel through Expedia. Camelot is so irresponsible and unprofessional -- inform the customer that the hotel has no room because of a wedding in the last minute of the Labor Day weekend!! I booked the room months in advance!!!!!!!!! It is totally unfair to me!!!! It seems that the booking is not 100% guaranteed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EXPEDIA and the CAMELOT had demonstrated to us what is irresponsibility and unprofessional. I don’t think companies that have no accountability and professionalism worth any customers’ support or services. I highly recommend you avoid doing any business with them. If you want to have a “SURPRISE” and some NASTY EXPERIENCE, be my guest and do business with Expedia or book a room with Camelot. Then, Good luck and God bless!

• Stayed September 2007