Camelot Beach Resort
  • Pool
Royal North Beach(Clearwater)
Sandpearl Resort(Clearwater)
  • Pool
Hotel Cabana Clearwater Beach(Clearwater)
View Hotel
All reviewsacross the streetpalm pavilionstove topthe location is perfectfresh towelswalking distancea great place to stayheated poolcoffee pottwo blockshotel poolking bedvickibeachgrillkitchenetteunits
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We had great time at the Camelot Beach Resort. the room was very clean and Vicki was very helpfull.It is in a great location and you can walk to many bars and restaurants in 10 minutes. My favorites were the Brown Boxer and the Beach Fyre.Having the pool deck right outside was awesome and i enjoyed the upper deck with the grill and lounge chairs. The view from up on the deck was great. The pool deck area was a great place to socailize with all our neighbors we met! I would highly recommend the Camelot Beach Resort.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank John O
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at Camelot awhile ago and I can attest that this little gem is one of the best kept secrets on Clearwater Beach. This hotel is walking distance to everything on the beach plus the trolley will pick you up and take you anywhere you like. The room I stayed in (#101) was absolutely perfect with a living room and separate sleeping area with a king sized bed. If you're planning a business conference or just a family vacation I would highly recommend the Camelot Beach Resort.

Room Tip: I believe they have a web site that has pictures of all the rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Marty R
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Great location within walking distance to beach, pier and great restaurants. We used a groupon so it was a good value. It is not a resort as there are no resort amenities. Room was super clean average size, shower was very small. Nice Tv, free wi fi, small kitchenette with coffee maker, stove, microwave, toaster, etc. Did not use the pool but enjoyed morning coffee on sun deck. Peaceful location and Vicki is a great manager. We liked it and will return.

Room Tip: All rooms are privately owned and different but very nice. I understand there are bigger rooms. We had a studio.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LainafromNY
Reviewed December 10, 2013

My wife, beagle and I spend a few days at the Camelot. The first impression was how clean and up to date it was. We certainly will return. However there are things that you need to be aware of, then decide if the Camelot is for you.

First, the is no obvious exterior office or sign. You go through the gates and around the pool to a tiny office. We weren't aware, and I couldn't find it on the website, that they only man the office from 10 to 4. If you check in before or after, you'll need to call in order to get your room assignment and key. It didn't appear that they manned the hotel at all on the weekend.

They do not have daily maid service. This was fine with us, but something for which you need to be aware. Also, they replace towels and linens on request. We had three sets of towels in our room, so we had plenty for three night stay. The first night my wife got cold, but there was no blanket in the room. We were able to adjust the ac the second night, but a blanket still would have been nice.

The frig (Rm 208) was at max cold, and it was only cool enough to keep cold drinks cold. So we had to put them in the freezer first, and then put them in the friq. We had a high top table and chairs, other wise you sit on the bed. The bathroom was small with small shower. The item we missed most was something to put our suitcases on, since we just live our of luggage. We both ended up with our suitcases on the floor.

Yes, you do have to take our your own garbage, and instead of icemaker on site, you refill the ice trays in the freezer. Since they motel wasn't close to full during our visit, there was plenty of parking. However I can imagine parking being a problem when it's full.

As for the dog, there is nearby North Clearwater Beach that is dog friendly (leash required). You have to walk about a short block from parking on Mandalay, but it is a very nice beach.
Also, you can walk your dog next door in the park. There is a restaurant across the street that is dog friendly on the outside tables, as well as the place with the $3.99 breakfast. Nearby Frenchy's is not, though a good place to eat.

The location of the Camelot couldn't be better. It is a one block walk to stores and restaurants in downtown Clearwater Beach. We enjoyed our stay here, and will most likely be back. We will probably ask for a room other than 208 though.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Paul S
Reviewed December 9, 2013

After reading so many great reviews, I decided to pick the camelot for my stay. First of all, its not a resort...it's more like a motel. The rooms seem much bigger online. Our "king" room was small. The shower was extremely small. They claim to have free wifi, but the wifi did not work. They also claim to have a heated pool. The pool was certainly not heated. Although the staff was very friendly, this place was not at all what I expected. It seemed like we were the only people there. It felt like a cheap motel. Even after the groupon price i felt ripped off. Oh and there is no room service and you have to take your own garbage to the dumpster. Not the worst place ever, but far far from the best.

• Stayed: December 2013