“AWESOME Visit Yet Again for Stone Crab Weekend”

Camelot Beach Resort
Oldsmar, Florida, United States
“AWESOME Visit Yet Again for Stone Crab Weekend”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This is our 3 time for Stone Crab Festival at Clearwater Beach. We are now up to booking 10 rooms for the weekend because it is such a great place to stay and super clean. The location is perfect because you are close to everything like Pal Pavilion, Frenchy's, Brown Boxer, Clear Sky and of course only steps from World Famous Clearwater Beach. The layout of the hotel is perfect because you are right near everything but layout is very private. Vickie and the staff go above and beyond to make sure you are happy. We may come as a group but others that are staying that are not with us join in and have a great time. The Worst Part.....we are having so much fun that our little secret not so secret anymore because we now will probably have even more rooms next year.....Yea that not so bad :-)

Room Tip: My plan is to not have a plan when we stay at the Camelot so you can go with the flow and just have...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Peru, Illinois
Reviewed October 28, 2013

From the first time I spoke to the property manager Vickie to the day we checked out I was super pleased with everything. Our room had the feel of an expensive suite. It was super clean and had lots of storage space for our clothes and travel goods. Nice high top wrought iron glass top table, large flat screen tv on the wall...very posh feel. Everyday we were asked if we needed anything (fresh towels, toilet paper etc..) and if everything is going ok. The pool area was super clean and best of all we were only a 2 minute walk to the sandy beach. Carrie and the older gentleman were there keeping the place in tip top order and made us feel welcome and at home. We brought our dogs on this vacation and couldn't have had a happier stay! Thank you Camelot.

Room Tip: Room 210 is cozy and quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jenny T
dade city
Reviewed October 27, 2013

A friend and I wanted to have a quiet, non drama free couple of days, and thats what we had. We tried to get another hotel in the area but they were booked and I was so glad. This hotel was awesome. It started with Bob making the reservatation and answering all my silly questions then when we checked in by Vicki she was very nice, answering all of our questions infact went out of her way to look stuff up for us to even Nick becoming friends with my guest. We had great serice from Vicki and Nick every time we saw them. When we checked out Nick was telling us about another room there and Vicki went and let us look at it. They made us feel welcome and important. Room was great, nice size and what topped it off was the sun deck. Very nice and peaceful at night. We will be back...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dale8jr
Port Saint Lucie
Reviewed October 27, 2013

On the front gate sits a 2013 Tripadvisor sign with 5 stars on it. So far from the truth, it's a joke!! Our unit, 105, was despicable- dirty, dirty, dirty. Rub your hands over the counter and they stick!! Walk on the floor with bare feet and they stick!! Take a shower with mildew laden walls. Just plain unacceptable! Beach umbrellas in the pool area with holes in the fabric, broken lighting, plastic bags wrapped over the sides of the waste containers, folks sleeping overnight on the lounges around the pool. Couple this with a dirty, dirty room you get a very uncomfortable experience.

And, to add insult to injury, inadequate parking- I got a $25 dollar parking ticket. Guess the guest sign they gave me to put on the dash was meant for parking in the parking spaces they don't have.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jenrica
vasbas, Director of Sales at Camelot Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us...This was a tough one to review.

You stayed with two of your friends and we received a glowing review from your friend in Unit 104.

I decided to investigate this one personally. You are correct a guest was sleeping in one of our comfortable pool lounges overnight. He said his wallet with room key and his telephone was stolen and since he arrived back at Camelot after 3:AM from a eventful night out, he decided it better to sleep it off outside then find someone with a phone to call our staff and let him in his room. Sorry that made you feel uncomfortable.

As far as the room cleanliness issue I am at a loss here.
I couldn't find any mildew anywhere in the bathroom, or even on the shower curtain.
However, we have a standing policy at Camelot, if a guest finds a room unclean to their
standards, all our Guest need do is tell Vicki our GM and we will send someone to come in and clean it to your acceptable standard, no questions asked.

I asked Vicki about this and she said you did not say anything to her during your check in or entire stay...Because your friends was so happy, and wrote glowing reviews confirming this, we feel terrible that your stay next door was not as rewarding. To show you we mean what we say. I have instructed our GM to extend to you a free night when you decide to return.

Vicki feels terrible, and only wishes you would have said something to her during your stay when we could have immediately handled these small concerns, before they become a major distraction.

As far as Tripadvisor feeling the shame. I must absolve them as they only report what the guests write. In this case, we have 4.5 stars not 5.0, although we are working hard to earn that elusive 5th star... We have 128 reviews and 118 of these reviews rate Camelot as "Excellent" or "Very Good". This includes your own friend and fellow guest who stayed next door to you during your stay.

Finally, beach parking is always a difficult challenge. Camelot has more free guest parking than all our neighboring hotels. When you add that we were 100% filled for the Jazz weekend during your stay, some people must find alternative parking. I am referring your complaint to our City Manager, as it is important they understand when a Guest receives a $25 parking ticket, it has a tendency to kill a wonderful vacation experience and may even lose them to future Clearwater Beach vacations.

We hope our reply and offer will show you that Camelot, and especially our Vicki, take poor guest experiences quite seriously at Camelot.
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Great location. Within walking distance to shops and restaurants. The whute sandy beach is right across the street, but the pool is so tempting as it is steps from your room. What a delicious way to end a relaxing day by taking a refreshing, late night swim!! Great service. Vicki, Nick snd Bob made us feel so welcome and were ready to answer questions or point us in the right direction. Can't wait to come back!

Our room was comfy and the refrigerator and kitchen was a nice addition. How great is it that people can bring their dogs too!!!

• Stayed September 2013
Abbeville, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed in room 206. The room was clean (except for the frig. It had food still in it from the previous guest), neat and well decorated but the tiny air conditioner was WAY too small. We arrived late so we spent the night and the next morning I asked the staff if they had a room that would get cool, I was told "not for the price you are paying". I slept in my T shirt and it was soaked with sweat by morning. I never even asked for a reduced price and was not offered an upgrade for more $$$. Made me so mad we packed up and moved to Indian Rocks Beach. Had a wonderful, cool 2 room suite on the water front for only $5 more than Camelot.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Robin B
vasbas, Director of Sales at Camelot Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about the situation with #206.

August 9th was a hot one here on Clearwater Beach, and most a/c units get worked hard on those super hot days. We contacted our A/C Maintainance Company and told us the freon was low and the unit could use an R&R.

We had that done and the unit is cool again.

With regard to the Customer Service issue, our regular GM, Vickie went on vacation and we had a new person working as Interim GM until she returned, boy do we ever appreciate our Vickie,
as she never would have said that, and she would have put you in a new room pronto.

Vickie is back and order has been restored at Camelot.

Robin, this is not the way we at Camelot treat our guests, we just won an Award from the Superior Small Lodging Assoc. for our "Superior Guest Service" , which is lead by our Vickie and her team.

Please let us make this up to you...When you return to Clearwater Beach, your stay is on us...
Simply call Vickie, she will put you in a room that will be cool, comfortable and to your complete satisfaction.

Thank you for letting us know these things, for that is how we improve.
Georgetown, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We just got back from a short stay in clearwater. I didn't know what to expect from this hotel but I was pleasantly surprised by it. We were in room 205 and it was a wonderfully spacious, well appointed room. We loved the decor and the hotel was within walking distance to shopping, dining and the pier. Located right across the street from the beach this hotel was convenient and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I only have two gripes about Camelot. One, the parking lot was very small so it is advisable to just leave your car parked if you can and just walk to where you need to go. My other complaint is the gates. While we were there we watched random people who were not staying at the hotel come in late at night and go up on the sundeck. This is a security issue in my opinion. I think the front gates should be key card accessible only to prevent theft and unsafe conditions for the guests. Other than these two issues I have no complaints. We loved our room and enjoyed our stay in Clearwater and will definitely stay at the Camelot again.

• Stayed July 2013