“See you next time”

Camelot Beach Resort
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We have been staying on Clearwater beach for almost 25 years, we like a small place with a family feel. The Camelot delivered in every way. Vickie was very accommodating with my reservation, giving me a great rate even though our days were scattered over a 10 day period. Each room is decorated a little differently, which made it fun to change rooms when we came back from our theme park days. Love that each room has a hair dryer, a nice fridge, eating nook and lots of cubbies for storing all the needs of beach life. You don't need to bring beach towels she has some to loan you and there are lots of noodles and floats you can borrow for the beach. Located right next to a laundromat made it convenient to only need a few things for the week. Just across from the beach, lots of great places to eat and just close enough to evening activities at Pier 60 or local venues. We will recommend to friends and family and will make it the place we go for our annual family vacation. Yes you need to take out your trash, and no no one makes your bed.... But for the price, location and safety. Awesome value..

Room Tip: Corner rooms 105 and 205, 106 and 206 have a bedroom and a living room. Super quiet
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank JackieMac13

Reviewed June 14, 2013

This was our third visit, one each of the last 3 years. Love this place...clean, stylish rooms, affordable, quiet part of town, pool in the center of the complex, convenience stores right next door including laundry, beach right across the street, several restaurants very close. It doesnt get much better than this place. Highly recommended. Trying to make this a yearly vacation stop for our family.

Room Tip: ive only stayed in rooms 101 and 110, which both have 2 rooms, 2 bathrooms and a kitchenette. for a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank JasonWB72
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Loved it here!!!! We have stayed a few different places on the island, and this was by far the best!! The room was clean and spacious, the kitchen just the right size, and even the bathroom was great!! When you go on vacation, the place you stay can sometime make or break your vacation and this place MADE IT!! We LOVE Vickie and we will be back!!! Go Bucks!!
P.S. The views on the look out level are unspeakable!!! :)

Room Tip: The rooms on the second floor are the best!!! :)
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank RHeath0424
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights in June 2013. It's a small, old-style family motel - two floors of rooms around a pool. I think I'd take the "resort' out of the name if I owned the place, but having read the reviews I knew precisely what to expect, and was very pleased with everything. If you're a chain-hotel person, this might not be your cup of tea, but if like us you prefer someplace a little funky and a lot friendly, give it a shot. It's directly across the street from the beach towards the north end of town, which is much quieter than the south end (if you need your Hooters close by, go stay at the Hilton.) Our room was spacious and sparkling clean, and the bed was really comfortable. We hadn't remembered to pack beach towels but were able to borrow a pair withoutout a hassel. The room had a full kitchenette, and although we didn't take advantage of it on this trip if I stay longer next time (and there WILL be a next time) I'll definitely do a little shopping so we can save some $$$ on breakfast, at least!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kbockl
Reviewed June 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary 6/2 - 6/6. Everything was great! The rooms were clean with a modern beachy feel, the staff was friendly, the location fantastic, the pool clean, and the hotel had a great ambience that my husband and I really enjoyed. I would recommend to anyone staying in the Clearwater Beach area to book at the Camelot. We already are making plans to go back next year!

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Beachbum144
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is a small property (20 or so rooms) on the edge of the main area of Clearwarter Beach which is nice because you are away from all the congestion, but close enough to walk to all of the sights and sounds anytime you would like. The staff was friendly and courteous. Our room was just great...we stayed in a King studio, and me and my girlfriend felt as comfortable as could be...it didn't have the feel of staying in a hotel...in addition to a nice big comfortable bed it had a regular fridge and freezer, microwave, and small stove. We spent about $100/day eating out, but could saved a great deal money buying food and cooking some of our own meals (you can't do that in a regular hotel!)...we did buy some snacks and water which we kept in the fridge. We rented a car, but rarely used it (ran to the grocery store twice) because everything is so close. The pool was nice, the sundeck on the roof was nice (with a great big grill that I didn't get a chance to try out, but I will next time). We had a great time, and look forward to coming back.

Room Tip: The studios are fine for two people...plenty of space.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Marcel C
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We purchased a groupon to stay here for four nights and paid for an additional night.

The location is AWESOME, right across from the beach and walking distance from the downtown area. There is a free golf cart "shuttle" that will take you into town with a quick call ahead. The management is very kind, friendly and helpful, including having our keys ready for us after closing since we got stuck in TERRIBLE two hour traffic just getting to the beach on Memorial Day weekend. The pool was excellent for the kids, with toys to play with and open late at night so after a long day of being sweaty outside at theme parks, the kids could come jump in and cool off. They loved swimming at night outside with just the pool lights on. You can tell that even though the motel is old that the managers have tried hard to keep it clean and have done some nice updates in the units. They were also willing to work with us when we were thinking about adding one more night (which we didn't do since everyone in our family got sick Friday night)

There were a couple of drawbacks that make us unsure if we would stay here again though. I know we only had a studio but the bathroom was TINY with no shelves on which to put anything. The shower was IMPOSSIBLE to move in and I had to actually stick my leg outside the shower to try to shave. A few shelves in the bathroom/shower would make things much easier. The other problem was the linoleum floors, which made sand a VERY big problem. Every night we had to completely strip the bed, shake out sand, and try to remake it. That was with us sweeping the room several times each day as well. I wonder if carpet would make that better. Also, maybe some hooks on which to hang wet towels would be very beneficial as well.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask about the size of bathrooms when you ask about size of living space. It may be bett...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family