“Perfect Clearwater Vacation Hotel”

Camelot Beach Resort
Reviewed December 23, 2012

My wife and I have stayed here twice; my parents have stayed here numerous times. I wouldnt stay anywhere else when i come back. The rates are unbeatable for what you get; stylish clean rooms, a nice pool that all rooms surround, in a quiet part of Clearwater Beach, location is right across from the beach, next door to a laudromat and convenience store, several restaurants. Plus you can get several varieties of rooms; they are all different. The service has always been great.

This last July, we got married on the beach near the hotel. our party took up about 13-15 rooms, so it was like our own hotel for the stay. But it was a perfect place to stay for a party of our size.

You can pay the same rates for any crappy hotel down the road or stay here. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: go to their website for some pictures of individual rooms; that will help you decide which one you l...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed December 19, 2012

This is a Condo Hotel. The rooms are actually owned by different owners, and reflect the personalities of their owners. The location is perfect -- you can walk to the beach, stores, restaurants, entertainment. The heated pool is a bonus. The Camelot is away from the hubbub of the Pier 60 area, so it is quiet and restful. But if you want to participate in the Pier 60 events -- free concerts, movies and more, all of that is a mere 10-15 minute walk away.

The restrooms are small, as is the kitchen area, but this did not interfer with us having a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank k p
Reviewed December 13, 2012

My first time at Camelot Resort for my wife and myself and will not be the last. My wife and I travel often for pleasure and have stayed in a couple other places nearby, this has been the best. Very quiet area, short walks to the beach just across the street. Many good restaurants, family and fine dining, within walking distance. A small town park (McKay Park) on one side with playscape for children, picnic tables and grill. On the other side of Camelot Resort are public town tennis courts with night lights. Just used our rental car once in 5 days due to not wanting to walk in rain one night. Our unit was very clean, very new, and well decorated. Had a separate bedroom from living area. Resort manager Vickie very informative and willing to help us if we needed anything. Our trip went perfect and we will be back. Did get a chance to wave to Hulk Hogan, he was filling his car at the Hess station across the street one morning on our way to the beach.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gbruhns
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have stayed here several times and this stay was no different than our past experiences. Rooms are always clean and comfortable. Walking distance to good restaurants and bars. Easy walk to beach. Resort manager is always very nice. The only negative thing is the small size of the shower. If that is a problem they do have rooms with bathtub/shower that is a regular size. We love this place and will be back!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Geradean S
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I recently had the pleasure of staying 3 nights at the Camelot Beach Resort. Vickie was very friendly and the room that I stayed in was Spotless. The hotel is well kept. I cannot say enough nice things about the Camelot. This place is a true Gem. I will certainly reccommend Camelot to all my friends and family who are planning on visiting Florida.

Thank you Vickie for my making my stay a very pleasant one.

Brian R

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Brian R
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Camelot Resort was a pleasant place to stay, just a short walk from the beach, restaurants, shopping, and the marina. The resort appears to be a small motel,but I was told these are now condos, individually owned, and therefore different decor in each room. Also, some rooms allow pets and some don't. We chose one that doesn't, due to my husband's cat allergies. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The small pool was warm enough for my husband, but not quite warm enough for me. My only complaint would be the mold on the shower curtain and the dirt in the corners between the bathroom and living/sleeping area, but that was not a big issue. We were pleased with everything else and had a great three night stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MarciaK
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Just want to start by thanking Vickie and her staff for putting up with all of us again this year, you guys are great. This place is a hidden gem on Clearwater Beach. The rooms are great and each one has it's own personality. The staff we can't say enough good things about, they are awesome. We have a group of friends ( The Bevis Group ) that get together and stay at the Camelot for our annual Stone Crab Festival weekend. The close proximity to the beach and our favorite eating and drinking establishments make it easy to park the car and walk everywhere. Can't wait for next years trip hopefully we can get more couples to come and take over the whole place. Mike and Sonia

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple