“Absolutely Great” 5 of 5 bubbles

Camelot Beach Resort
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“Absolutely Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Only seconds away from the beach on great strip in Clearwater! Vicki and the staff was extremely helpful, friendly and completely hospitable with allowing my wife and I to hold onto their grill equipment throughout out our week long stay there. We were fortunate enough to stay in room #109 that had a California King-size bed, (the greatest nights of sleep ever!). We were absolutely impressed overall and look forward to visiting again!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Concord, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed in a suite and it was VERY nice! The staff are above and beyond wonderful. I would recommend this place for anyone's stay. I think this will be our "home away from home" from here on out.
Nicole D Burris

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Sunrise, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

The room was clean. I stayed with my wife and 3 kids... There was enough room for us all to fit. Very good use of the space in the room. There is a huge clean grill on the roof top sundeck. The location is nice right across the street from the beach and walking distance to almost anything you want to do. We did not use our car in the 2 nights we stayed. The staff was very nice and helpful. I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Battle Creek, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

The room was very clean and organized. I absolutely loved the decor =) A great place for a family vacation or a romantic get away. The beach is a 20 second walk across the street! It is close to anything you could possibly want to do! Vicki was so pleasant and informative and even loaned a beach towel to save me the cost to buy one in a local shop!! The house keeping staff were very friendly and helpful as well it was just a very pleasant atmosphere. My favorite part of my stay besides the smiling faces would have to be the patio on the roof!! It is gorgeous at night to eat in or bbg if you have a large party! You can sip on your coffee by morning, lay out in the day or bbq by night up there! It was a very pleasant surprise to us when we realized it was there. I must have missed it when looking at the website before we booked. I could see how the parking vould be a bit of a pain but I shuttled from the airport and was fine on foot! Who needs a car when you are that close to the beach anyways!! I will be staying with Camelot resort again! Vicki and her cleaning staff (Nick and Bobbi) really went out of their way to make it as comfortable as they could! Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Munhall
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

Camelot is awesome in so many ways. I've stay there so many times and it's a great visit every time. Vickie is a great general manager and makes your stay that much more enjoyable. The rooms are huge and very clean. Prices are lower than what you would pay just about anywhere else in the Clearwater Beach area. Parking is free! The beach is right across the street.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
South Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

I visited visited Camelot for a week in August 2012 with my wife and 2 kids. We stayed at a bachelor condo. I thought I’d share some experience to help you out with your planning.

The Location:

The resort IS NOT ON THE BEACH. I don’t know why other reviewers wrote that. I have attached some pictures to prove it. In front of the resort, there is a 3 lane road (i.e. Mandalay Avenue), then a Gas Station (HESS), then a hotel (Pine View Inn), then a restaurant (Pine restaurant) and then the beach. But considering what you pay and the accessibility, it is quite a good location but not beachfront. It would be a lie if I mention that.

The Parking:

There is a scarcity of parking at the resort. If you come on a peak time, that’s it, you will not find any parking. This was a turn off. Specially, you come back from somewhere at 9PM at night, you won’t get any parking!!! You will have to drive to the street behind the cathedral and look for a free roadside parking. I wasn’t too impressed about it. But if you don’t have a car, you are in business!

The Room:

It is clean, well maintained. There is no phone in the room. Each room comes with a small kitchenette, small bathroom. If you would like to have breakfast in the room and pack your lunch for a beach picnic, it is perfect for you. I would try to cook dinner. There is a small cabinet area too which is filled with necessary cutleries and plates. The shower is unbelievably small (2.5’X2.5’X7’). A wide person like me had some hard time moving around but its ok for a skinny person I guess.

The Management:

Management is available between 10pm-4PM. So make sure you get what you need between those times. The condo resort maintains a ‘Green’ policy. As a result, there is NO ROOM SERVICE. They will not change your towels every day. Only if you request, they will give you every other day. Beach towels are available on request but you gotta keep it for the entire duration. Toilet papers are also only available upon request. But, Vicky is extremely friendly and helpful. Anytime, I had a question, she was really accommodating and informative.
The Pool

It is maintained and you will see bunch of kids all the time. It is good for family relaxation in the afternoon or evening. But keep in mind, every single AC exhaust is facing the pool, so it is way hotter area than normal. As long as you are in the pool, you are good, once you come out to lay on the poolside bed, you will feel the heat.

The Terrace

The terrace is a really nice place. A must evening BBQ place! Get to the local WalGreens grocery, get some steaks and hit up the big BBQ they have it for your use.

Conclusion: Value for Money...Pay the extra and get the 1 bedroom, it is twice the size!

Room Tip: try to get a 1 bedroom condo instead of a bachelor. The extra $$ is worth paying...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank CanadianEngineer007
SeminoleSteven, Manager at Camelot Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you so much for your honest review. You are absolutely correct, Camelot is not direct beachfront and there is a short distance (about 2 mins) across the street down the parking drive of the Palm Pavillion Restaurant and Inn to get to our spectacular sand. We weren't aware of any reviews stating that we are beachfront but we certainly apologize if you were under a different impression.

We are glad you enjoyed the value and the perks of your visit and we look forward to seeing you again.
Springfield, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

Not only were the accommodations outstanding and the staff very friendly, but when the manager learned that my son was facing some significant medical issues and that we were going to have a benefit for him, they were quick to donate a weekend stay at the resort to help us raise money! I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else when I'm in the area!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Michael T
SeminoleSteven, Manager at Camelot Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
We enjoyed having you so very much and look forward ton your next visit. Thank you for the kind words.