“Two Thumbs up.”

Camelot Beach Resort
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The room was clean. I stayed with my wife and 3 kids... There was enough room for us all to fit. Very good use of the space in the room. There is a huge clean grill on the roof top sundeck. The location is nice right across the street from the beach and walking distance to almost anything you want to do. We did not use our car in the 2 nights we stayed. The staff was very nice and helpful. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Camelot Beach Resort

Reviewed September 27, 2012

The room was very clean and organized. I absolutely loved the decor =) A great place for a family vacation or a romantic get away. The beach is a 20 second walk across the street! It is close to anything you could possibly want to do! Vicki was so pleasant and informative and even loaned a beach towel to save me the cost to buy one in a local shop!! The house keeping staff were very friendly and helpful as well it was just a very pleasant atmosphere. My favorite part of my stay besides the smiling faces would have to be the patio on the roof!! It is gorgeous at night to eat in or bbg if you have a large party! You can sip on your coffee by morning, lay out in the day or bbq by night up there! It was a very pleasant surprise to us when we realized it was there. I must have missed it when looking at the website before we booked. I could see how the parking vould be a bit of a pain but I shuttled from the airport and was fine on foot! Who needs a car when you are that close to the beach anyways!! I will be staying with Camelot resort again! Vicki and her cleaning staff (Nick and Bobbi) really went out of their way to make it as comfortable as they could! Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Camelot is awesome in so many ways. I've stay there so many times and it's a great visit every time. Vickie is a great general manager and makes your stay that much more enjoyable. The rooms are huge and very clean. Prices are lower than what you would pay just about anywhere else in the Clearwater Beach area. Parking is free! The beach is right across the street.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I visited visited Camelot for a week in August 2012 with my wife and 2 kids. We stayed at a bachelor condo. I thought I’d share some experience to help you out with your planning.

The Location:

The resort IS NOT ON THE BEACH. I don’t know why other reviewers wrote that. I have attached some pictures to prove it. In front of the resort, there is a 3 lane road (i.e. Mandalay Avenue), then a Gas Station (HESS), then a hotel (Pine View Inn), then a restaurant (Pine restaurant) and then the beach. But considering what you pay and the accessibility, it is quite a good location but not beachfront. It would be a lie if I mention that.

The Parking:

There is a scarcity of parking at the resort. If you come on a peak time, that’s it, you will not find any parking. This was a turn off. Specially, you come back from somewhere at 9PM at night, you won’t get any parking!!! You will have to drive to the street behind the cathedral and look for a free roadside parking. I wasn’t too impressed about it. But if you don’t have a car, you are in business!

The Room:

It is clean, well maintained. There is no phone in the room. Each room comes with a small kitchenette, small bathroom. If you would like to have breakfast in the room and pack your lunch for a beach picnic, it is perfect for you. I would try to cook dinner. There is a small cabinet area too which is filled with necessary cutleries and plates. The shower is unbelievably small (2.5’X2.5’X7’). A wide person like me had some hard time moving around but its ok for a skinny person I guess.

The Management:

Management is available between 10pm-4PM. So make sure you get what you need between those times. The condo resort maintains a ‘Green’ policy. As a result, there is NO ROOM SERVICE. They will not change your towels every day. Only if you request, they will give you every other day. Beach towels are available on request but you gotta keep it for the entire duration. Toilet papers are also only available upon request. But, Vicky is extremely friendly and helpful. Anytime, I had a question, she was really accommodating and informative.
The Pool

It is maintained and you will see bunch of kids all the time. It is good for family relaxation in the afternoon or evening. But keep in mind, every single AC exhaust is facing the pool, so it is way hotter area than normal. As long as you are in the pool, you are good, once you come out to lay on the poolside bed, you will feel the heat.

The Terrace

The terrace is a really nice place. A must evening BBQ place! Get to the local WalGreens grocery, get some steaks and hit up the big BBQ they have it for your use.

Conclusion: Value for Money...Pay the extra and get the 1 bedroom, it is twice the size!

Room Tip: try to get a 1 bedroom condo instead of a bachelor. The extra $$ is worth paying...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank CanadianEngineer007
SeminoleSteven, Manager at Camelot Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thank you so much for your honest review. You are absolutely correct, Camelot is not direct beachfront and there is a short distance (about 2 mins) across the street down the parking drive of the Palm Pavillion Restaurant and Inn to get to our spectacular sand. We weren't aware of any reviews stating that we are beachfront but we certainly apologize if you were under a different impression.

We are glad you enjoyed the value and the perks of your visit and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Not only were the accommodations outstanding and the staff very friendly, but when the manager learned that my son was facing some significant medical issues and that we were going to have a benefit for him, they were quick to donate a weekend stay at the resort to help us raise money! I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else when I'm in the area!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Michael T
SeminoleSteven, Manager at Camelot Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

We enjoyed having you so very much and look forward ton your next visit. Thank you for the kind words.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Vickie,

I wanted to say thank you. We stayed at Camelot July 21- 23rd of 2012. We were impressed with the room. It was not what I had expected. What I had expected to see was one room with 2 queen size beds and a couch with a fold out bed. I was shocked when I opened the door to see an opened living room area that not only had a full sized (fold out bed) couch & a big soft chair, but also have a kitchen table able to sit 6 ppl. There was also a small kitchen area that was fully furnished. When I say fully furnished I mean stove, refrigerator, utensils, plates, glasses and not the paper or plastic kind either. In the 2nd room was 2 queen sized beds. We had a total of 6 ppl and we had no problem not bumping into each other. The rooms were spacious.

I also enjoyed the fact that your establishment is less than a block from the beach....almost right out the front door. The rooms were reasonably priced considering all the hotels in the area. The only problem was the parking and u already know all about that..lol. Your hotel sits in excellent walking distance to shops and retaurants in the area. Literally walk across the street and start shopping.

When staying at hotels I am not used to swimming in a pool that has an 8ft deep end. I stand 6'10", so having an 8' deep end was awesome. Having an area on the roof to grill or just sit and watch the sun sunrise or sunset is amazing.

Next time I come to Clearwater Beach, Florida, I will be calling u personally and getting at least 1 room if not more. I do have a lot of friends and I just may bring them with me. Knowing now what to expect I will be buying food when I get there and cooking you a steak.

Room Tip: I always read the comments of other patrons to get a better idea of the area, cleanliness, service a...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Quaid1969ehj

Thank you so much for your review. We look forward to seeing you real soon!! Vickie

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Every summer we enjoy a little vacation at Clearwater beach and in the past 4 years we have been guest at Camelot and we love it!!. The Cozy tropical comfortable rooms have everything you need and the staff is superb. Vickie and Bob are the nicest people you will ever meet. Always willing to acomodate your needs with such a plesant attitude, no stress, no problem, they trully make you feel at home. After a great day at the beach ( walking distance) you are back to enjoy the pool side area... its just a great place to stay with friends and family.!!! Thank you guys at CAMELOT !!! SEE YOU SOON!! The Heredias & the Bellos

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family