“First stay in May and back in July”

Camelot Beach Resort
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Fabulous location on Clearwater Beach, can park the car and walk every where. Property is kept neat and clean, staff is wonderful. Will definitely be a repeat customer.

Room Tip: I would suggest a one bedroom unit, big and spacious
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Deborah3302

Reviewed October 4, 2010

My husband and I stayed here in April for 4-day getaway from the Michigan cold. Check-in was a bit tricky, as we got here after 5 p.m. and had to go to their other property down the beach to check in, but after that, our stay was fantastic. Our room was very clean & the staff was very friendly. The location is great with the beach right across the street and it's easy walking to all the shops and restaurants. We're planning on coming back as soon as we can and we just might bring the kids this time.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IndianRiverMomma
Reviewed February 1, 2010

Me and my friends had spring break at these condos. We checked in with no problem. The whole week we stayed, there were clean towels and freshly made beds every day.

Had an a great time and the staff was awesome!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 5, 2008

i travel to clearwater as much as i can with or without the kids and this is great for both esepcially with kids. worked mostly with the condo owner herself who was very nice. great location liked having the kitchen and roof top grill, nice to go to the fishing dock and purchase fresh fish and grill it on the roof. the bathroom was a little small. beach right across the street, laundromat next door, kid's rec center around the corner. the pools was 5 steps from the front door.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2008

I had a beach wedding in May, 2008. I own a condo on Clearwater Beach and I thought it would be nice for my wedding guests to stay nearby and not have to deal with the expense of the local large hotel chains. The Camelot, I thought, would be great - my guests could take most of the 22 rooms, get to know each other, and enjoy their time on Clearwater Beach.

The staff was nothing but rude to each of my guests and a week before the wedding, they lost my one-night reservation for the night of the wedding (my "Honeymoon Suite") and then informed me that I would have to follow the two-night minimum, an apparently new rule! I obviously couldn't use the Honeymoon Suite two nights as I was leaving on my actual honeymoon the next day, and it didn't matter to them that I had provided them with so much business. They were not accommodating.

My guests were shocked to find out that they had to clean their rooms and take out the garbage or else lose their $200 deposit, which I was unaware they even had to provide.

In general, the staff was unfriendly and unhelpful, and the hotel has arbitrary rules that make the stay very unpleasant!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
5  Thank misvic126
SeminoleSteven, Director of Sales at Camelot Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Thank you for your review. You will be happy to know that Camelot Resort has been under new Ownership/Management for almost two years and EVERYTHING is different and better!! Newly remodeled rooms, excellent staff and clean and inviting property. We look forward to having you visit us in the future!!

Reviewed May 20, 2008

Ok to give you background, we booked with the Royal Camelot because I was in a wedding on Clearwater Beach and because this "motel" was across the street from her condo, she asked us to book there.

The rooms are individually owned, but managed through TRS (Travel Realty Service). I feel sorry for the individual owners, because the people at TRS are rude, and have NO customer service skills. They did not care that they came VERY close to ruining the entire wedding.

It all started the week before the wedding when room types were changed without notification (from a one bedroom to a studio), two night minimums we sprung on us (without previous notice)- they even charged the bride for two nights for the honeymoon suite (after they had told her they weren't going to), several of us lived close enough by, we didn't need to stay there at all, but they still charged for two nights. Another last minute surprise was the $200 deposit (that apparently the housekeeping staff gets to choose whether or not you get it back or not).

Other than the dealings with the manager-in-training, Annette, and Karen dropping the ball on requests, the rooms were pretty decent. Other than the tile floors being disgustingly dirtly (we couldn't walk around barefoot!) After showering, we walked around the room to get dressed and ready and within a half an hour my feet were black.... no joke, black!!!

The bathrooms in some rooms are SMALL and some are huge with jacuzzi tubs (but you pay the same price for either). I would try to book 110 if you decide to book at all.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank UFPharmD

Reviewed May 10, 2008

Stayed in Room 101, which had a kitchenette, large bedroom and two bathrooms.

Very clean, but courtyard area where pool is is small and can get noisy depending on who else is staying there. I would recommend second floor just for the noise factor.

Some employees are very attentive - one in particular was out to lunch (literally and figuratively).

I would recommend if you are there mostly to spend your time out on the beach. If you want services and a resort style vacation, go down the street and pay a bit more for the Sandpearl.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family