“Vacation time”

Ranked #82 of 95 Hotels in Clearwater
Boone
“Vacation time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Was a wonderful place to stay with bedroom, full kitchen, living room, and bathroom with cute front porch to sit out on. Beach a block away plus all restaurants, boat tours, and shops. I will definantly return and the owners are awesome!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank CinnyK

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Oviedo, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

stayed at this hotel Aug 30th-Sept 2nd. The building is older and worn but our room was clean. Had a window ac unit but it kept the room very cold and the fridge in the room worked good. It is in an amazing location though right across the street from the beach and less than 5 minutes from the pier and resturants. It could use some fixing up and TLC but for the price and location it worked perfect for my husband and my daughter. The owner was very nice. we stayed upstairs in a double bed room facing the pool and bay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank racheal t
Leesburg, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

This motel was NOTHING like the depiction online read!! While inspecting our rented room we first noticed that the front door appeared to be very battered and was difficult to open (or close). Once inside, we were completely appalled at what we saw! The room was "filthy" and the furniture was filthy (you clearly did NOT want to sit down). The room had a horrible smell and we very quickly decided that we were NOT spending a night there. I was certain that roaches and other creeping things would be out and about when darkness descended! We quickly returned to the front desk, where the man who spoke broken english attempted to argue with us, but he half heartedly credited my charge card for the 2 night rental fee. We found a Holiday Inn Express up the road and thoroughly enjoyed our stay there!! This morning I received an email from Book.com stating that I would be charged a $90 fee because I didn't show up for my reservation to which I quickly responded with the truth of the matter.

Room Tip: Go to Holiday Inn Express in Clearwater Beach!
Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Beverly T
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

We now have bed bugs. If u don't want to spend spend 3000 to fumigate your house don't stay here!!!!!!!! This hotel was dirty, especially the bathroom. The hot water know didn't work in the shower. The safe was broken. The management was unconcerned and condescending. The only plus about this facility was the location. Wish we spent more money and stayed somewhere else. We will be out 3000 for structural fummigation d/t bed bugs. Pay that extra and stay else where!!!!

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank Dorchester14
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

I HAVE NO WORDS TO TELL YOU HOW disrespectful, nasty, dirty, etc.. is this place.
cockroaches, bedbugs, the worst attencion in the whole world. Dirty rooms, was for 6 and I got one of 4 people with a sofa bed that was broken (I ha to sleep on the floor and next day I bought an air matress), full of bedbugs and I did talk to the manager and he only mocked me and my family.
this place should be intervened by the health authorities urgently, I can write a book for the bad things that this "place" has.
DO NOT DONOT DO NOT STAY IN THE SUNRISE HELL!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank marlonvch
Orlando, Florida, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Location could of not been more perfect. It was literally a 7 minute walk from the door to the shoreline! Everything that I had planned for an overnight trip was within a few minute walk. The outside facility was very well kept. The pool was sooo blue and very inviting.(no time to use it) As for the room, for the most part it was very clean. However the sofa bed was unable to be used due to the mattress very thin, and the sheets were dusty. As for the double beds, it was quite comfortable. Suprisely behind the bed was actually clean, mattress had zero stains. No mold found anywhere, Odor free, AC worked very well. Some minor misses, but nothing to create havoc over. The management attempts to maintain it as best as they could. All of my request were met, Double room, pool view, and no hidden charges. Overall quite a good experience. I didn't rate it very good, because of the sofa bed situation. That was a huge miss on my part!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Fotini T
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Got less than what i paid for. The room was very old, falling apart, and smelled like cigarettes, the tub didn't drain properly, window didn't close all the way letting bunch of street noise in. People working there are shady and unhelpful,trashy guests. Got woken up at 3 am by some drunk neighbor right outside the window yelling to somebody else that he doesn't have anybody in his room to have sex with(!!!). Overall, an awful place to stay, the only positive is the pool and the location. Will spend more money next time and stay at a decent place. I just needed a place to strictly sleep and shower, nothing fancy, but this was way less than i hoped for even for those purposes.

Room Tip: How to get a good room?Don't come here in the first place.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends