“Still a good spot!!!”

Sunrise Resort Motel South
Ranked #87 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Have been staying here for over 20 years on vacation. Still worth it.
Is this place older? yes.
But why would u pay top dollar to stay at a ritzy place for a room u will only sleep in?
You come to Clearwater Beach for the sun & the beach!!!
Stay here for affordable CLEAN rooms not to mention the biggest pool around compared to all the other mom & pop places.
Short walk to store, beach, restaurants .
Im coming back later this year too

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank cl57

Reviewed May 8, 2012

Motel located on the main drag of Clearwater- What about the pool? Very cool.

Bay area view inside the pool? awesome. Rooms? Well it's not the Ritz but the price is 75% cheaper.

Beach? Three minute walk across the beach.

Surf shop (Wal-Mart of Clearwater), across the street.

Restaurants? 20 second walk or 5 minutes for Crabby Bills.

Memorable Experiences? priceless..........

I almost hesitated to write this review, I think I'm giving away a big secret. Well, I am.

Your welcome!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank DVD1972
Reviewed November 24, 2011

We made the decision to make a short trip to Clearwater Beach for a night to see the Aquarium and Busch Gardens. I almost always reserve in advance but this time I figured we'd just find something when we got there. We have stayed in Clearwater many times and have a couple of favorites we usually stay at. Upon arrival at the beach, I saw Sunrise Resort. We had stayed here once years ago and remembered it as being a good choice. I figured I'd check it out before going to our usual motels down the street. No one was in the office but I called the number and within 2 minutes someone showed up. She was very pleasant and offered me a room for $50.00. I said this was a better deal than down the street. I took the room and was pleasantly surprised to find it was a suite with a kitchen and separate living area with sleeper sofa. There are some small maitenence issues in the room but with the price paid, I can overlook that. Overall, very pleased and have added this place to our lodging list on Clearwater Beach.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank SmokiesBrynn
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Sunrise Resort is a very clean and affordable get-away for myself and my family. It is an older building but the rooms have been updated and are kept extremely clean. They have a huge heated pool that my kids loved. The Hotel is only a 1 minute walk to the beach. They have breathtaking views of the Gulf as well as the bay on the back side of the Hotel. Very enjoyable stay will be booking here again next year for our family get-away! :)

Room Tip: The pool building on the 2nd floor has breathtaking views of the bay.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Shane M
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Just got back from Clearwater after staying for 7 days. This place was really run down and totally different from the last time we stayed. HOWEVER, the staff was extremly friendly and helpful. I asked for the television to be fixed (only 6 channels) and about 15 minutes later we had a NEW television. I spoke with what I assumed was the owner and was told that they were going to be renovating the entire place. If they would update everything, I may come back. The pool was clear, but there was lots of green stuff growing in it. I guess you get what you pay for. AGAIN, the staff was extremly pleasant and tried very hard to please everyone.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank BACC-2011
Reviewed June 21, 2011

This place was nothing like the reviews I read. We had room 10 half the stuff did not work. The bath room tub faucet could not be shut off it ran all the time at a slow rate. The hot water in the sink was shut down. electrical outlets were out could not use the lap top computer not enough outlets that worked. 1/2 the burners on the stove were out. I made a complaint to manager about the room nothing was ever resolved they just smiled and said ok we will check into it. They never did. The last night of our stay the old air conditioning unit burned up the room smelled like burnt rubber. Oh yes and the smoke dectors never went off. I will be making a complaint to the clearwater fire dept or who ever I need to because this was unsafe. I will never again rent from these people again. If i were you I would look else where for your own safety this was a rip off I even made a list and gave it to management of all that was wrong. When I left and told them I will be lodging a formal complaint against them.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank friendsofTampa
Reviewed March 29, 2011

This place was awesome. Nice little home away from home. Very clean and very close to the beach! We were able to walk just about anyplace.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family