All reviews full kitchen mom pop living room minute walk pier pool sofa publix laundry microwave units
Reviewed February 18, 2010

We have been staying at the Echo Sails during the winters for over 7 years now and love it. The writer of the "terrible" review must just simply be a miserable person. During our stay there was a guest who just made everyone uncomfortable with her negative attitude, must have been her. Hope she doesn't return because the guests here enjoy eachother's company. The place is very clean! Of all the years we have come we have never had an issue with dirty dishes or getting hot water either. Just because somebody doesn't get a refund because of a clear policy they should not proceed to make such false claims about the place we love. The place is a great value, very quaint and friendly. If you need brand new furniture and perfection be willing to stay at a 5 star resort and pay $300 per night! After all the good reviews it's very obvious this person just had a bone to pick for not getting her way, grow up it's sad....

I have recommended this place to many friends and most of the guests come by word of mouth from others. We'll be there again next year!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChicagoDavid1
Reviewed February 4, 2010

Rooms & furnishings are very old and tired. Do not go barefoot or in white socks in the unit. They will be black in no time. The sofabed had a piece of plywood under the cushions to keep them from sinking - very uncomfortable and smelled so bad, we had to put our beach towel on it before sitting . We questionned the cleanliness of the bedding since we noted a small blood spot on the single bed sheet. The dishes were not clean and needed to be washed but it was impossibile to get hot water in the kitchen sink and we had to boil water in order to even feel he dishes were somewhat clean. We were not able to get hot water in the bathroom sink either and the first morning about 2 minutes into my shower, the water turned cold as ice. From then on we found that you had to just put the hot water on by itself. The heater is downright dangerous and the window air conditioner is ancient. There was a back door but it was impossible to open and that didn't seem to be very safe. Several panes of glass had been cracked and glued together. The floor in the bathroom was caked with dirt around the edges. The towels were the smallest and thinnest I have ever encountered. We had a friend in Florida who had some medical needs which necessitated we leave two days before planned. We had booked 8 nights and paid for one week plus a day. We were willing to pay for a week although we had stayed only 6 nights but asked for one night refund. Not possible "not their policy" . I can understand why they would do this since I'm sure there are a number of customers over the years who would want to leave early. All in all , the worst place and experience we have ever stayed and would never stay again

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sarayachloe
Reviewed January 11, 2010

My family and I have been going there since I was about 7 and I love this hotel! It's right near the beach and an amazing pier, full of activities and sales at night! The room has a bedroom with two beds, a sofa or two with a t.v., a bathroom and a kitchen. I honestly have the best memorie of this place! The owners are also very nice. I have absolutely no complaints about this place.

• Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank JeeX0X0
Reviewed July 14, 2009

My husband and I have been going to Clearwater Beach for 30+ years and have spent the last 15 or so staying at the Echo Sails Motel. It's always a pleasure to arrive - John always has the room ready and the air on.......It's a great place, close to the Gulf and everything for that matter. Rooms are great - we always have the same room and John actually won't rent it to anyone in May unless he checks with us first.......
Great place for anyone, either travelling alone, with someone or with a family. They always make you feel welcomed.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KathyBeaupre
Reviewed July 4, 2009

We stayed at the Echo Sails for two nights before a cruise that departed from Tampa. This is not a fancy place, but it has a fantastic location. It's a five minute walk to the beach or Pier 60. It's only a two minute walk to the boat docks where you can ride on the Sea Screamer, dolphin boats, pirate ship, etc. The pool is very nice and clean. It is in the middle of the U-shaped building, so it is just steps from every room. We loved our first floor room. I ate breakfast out by the pool. The room had a kitchen, but we didn't use it except for the refrigerator. Our room had a bedroom with a twin bed and a full bed. Both mattresses were very comfortable. The furniture is very dated, but we didn't care. The living room had a futon that my daughter slept on. It didn't seem very comfy to me, but she liked it alright. the bathroom was very small, but adequate. Out the back door of our room, there was even a clothes line for hanging our wet bathing suits. Overall, we really enjoyed this motel. It was quaint and cute. You can't beat the location for the low price!! We will stay here again when in Clearwater.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family