All reviews front desk chick fil an early morning flight close to the airport pie airport sleeping area pete airport fresh fruit exercise room the breakfast area enjoyable stay rooms are nice business trip bed was comfortable easy access free breakfast room was large
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Stayed here during my wedding and after and have to say I was very comfortable. Everyone was very accommodating. Definitely would recommend for a stay in Tampa Bay Area. Location was convenient and central to everything we wanted to do, checkin was smooth, booking was great, top to bottom was excellent.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brandon F
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This isn't the world's greatest hotel, but it does deliver on what it promises, and that's where the five star rating comes from. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast service was decent and well-maintained. The front office staff was pleasant and responsive. The price represented good value. That's what we had hoped for, and the Springhill Suites by Marriott delivered.

We were traveling with two grandchildren, one a teenager. We asked for a fair amount of extras- pool towels, early room cleanings, etc. and all requests were cheerfully accommodated. You're on a busy road, surrounded by fast food and Florida plasticity, but the Springhill Suite experiece helped shine the best possible light on it.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank StepMorris1
Reviewed January 1, 2014

After reading most of the reviews for this hotel, I had high expectations going to stay there...especially since I put a lot of time into looking for a great hotel for all of our trips. Note: this is our first stay at a Springhill Suites.
First I'll say the desk clerks were very nice..especially Chris. However I found the layout of the room not the greatest with the bathroom in front of the beds, the beds seemed really small and technically it was a suite but to me - not really...I am used to a suite like Homewood where the door separates the living room from the bedroom or even at Holiday Inn Suites where it is divided AND you have 2 TVs...I guess I didn't read the room description properly because there was only 1 TV which was a bit annoying because it was half in the bedroom- half in the "living room" so that if you had it on while the kids were falling asleep- it bothered them.
The location was good but my room backed on to a major road which was noisy in the morning (if you are a light sleeper like me)...and on my last night, a boys basketball team checked in right across from our room and next door to our room... I wasn't too impressed because I don't think the front desk should surround a family with a sports team. There were a lot of doors slamming and noise in the hallway but for the most part, it was bearable. I was told I could move rooms if it bothered me....wake up my kids at 11:30pm and pack up all our suitcases after being there 2 nights already....I think not....
Breakfast was sub-par to me....free parking and wi-fi was great though.
We travel quite a bit and I try to give fair ratings but sorry I have to be honest and say I wouldn't stay at this hotel if I went to the Clearwater area again. It's not a bad hotel- just my overall experience wasn't a great one.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank KarenAllene
mary9763, General Manager at SpringHill Suites St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear Ms. Karen Allene:

Thank you for selecting the Springhill Suites for your overnight accommodations. I am truly sorry that you were not satisfied with the way the suite was laid out. Springhill Suites is a property that describes their rooms as junior suites, about 25% larger than a regular hotel room. This is listed on our web site as well as Marriott.com. It is always our intention to please our guests however, it is clear that you were dissapointed with your stay and that is regretful.

We are continually striving to improve our operations, your comments are very much appreciated.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I just came off of a late flight and it was such a nice feeling to arrive at this hotel. The desk clerk was very nice and very cautious, since I was traveling alone, to protect my privacy in the lobby area. My room was on the back of the hotel, very quiet. The morning breakfast fare was perfect for me, hot eggs, assortment of breads and delicious coffee. It was a wonderful night sleep, and I felt like I was home. I was sorry to leave. The access to the highway was very easy and proximity to the PIE airport was perfect! I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: on the back side of the hotel would be quieter
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank pulmqueen
Reviewed December 27, 2013

A pleasant stay. Not knowing the area I trusted Trip Advisor and was quite pleased. John welcomed me as a guest. He knows how to treat customers. He is knowledgeable, helpful and focused.
Katy prepared and served a breakfast beyond what I expected. She is cheerful and,like the entire staff, welcoming. Everyone was treated as her guest. She seemed truly glad we were there.
The housekeeping team assured a spotless room daily.
The only downside, and this has nothing to do with the hotel, is road construction. Looks as if every main road is being repaired and upgraded. Traffic is a problem. The hotel is about 20 minutes from the beach when the cars are moving. If not..relax. you'll be there a while. The way it looks the road maintenance will continue for months.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple