“This is a real gem and wonderful customer service.” 5 of 5 stars

SpringHill Suites St. Petersburg Clearwater
Ranked #16 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersSilver level
Jonesborough, Tennessee
“This is a real gem and wonderful customer service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

y Husband and I stayed here one night recently to be very close to the St. Petersburg/Clearwater airport as we had a very early flight. We have found a gem in Clearwater. The mini suite was spotless and the bed was very comfortable. From the check-in at the front desk to the man who delivered towels to us at the pool, (with thanks!) everyone had a terrific attitude and seemed happy working there. The price was very reasonable and we felt that this motel was just more upscale than most. If you have to get an early flight, the airport is right down the road...very easy.
We will plan to stay here again when we travel to the area. Thanks, Marriott for a job well done.

Room Tip: First floor king suite if you need to get up early and catch a plane. Very convenient to the front e...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank pudge2028

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
lawrenceville,ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

This hotel is situated close to the St. Pete airport but we did not find our room to be noisy. It is easy to find and the rooms are nice. Most of the front desk personnel are very nice. The dark haired man who checked me in was a bit odd. I am a very light sleeper and asked for a quiet room, on my reservation. . I am also a Marriott Gold and thus they typically take these requests seriously, as we are frequent travelers. When I arrived, I mentioned the request. He replied, " I do not know how I can assign you a quiet room as I do not know which room is the quietest." Well, I agree that he probably has not stayed in every room but, as a training issue, the management might have mentioned to him which side of the hotel is quieter. Some people do not care but others might! I actually thought he was joking but he was not. I guess I expect the front desk personnel to be a bit more accomodating to Marriott Gold members. It is not like I asked him for a PURPLE BED SPREAD...haha. Our stay was good and the rest of the staff was very nice. They continued to ask me if my room was suitable and it was!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Monroe,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This hotel was very clean, and the rooms were very nice. The hot breakfast was great too! I would definitely stay there again! The cleaning staff and the front desk were very helpful, and I love that they had a little snack shop that was open 24 hours.. The pool was also a big hit with my kids, it was perfect, and we even got to relax in the hot tub! Adrienne was very helpful; she even gave us sunscreen for the beach!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Inverness, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

An excellent value on a night's stay on the weekend. The suite includes microwave and refrigerator. The sitting area with a couch, chair, tables, and TV is separated from the sleeping area. We found it very clean. We took a room on an upper floor, far away from the elevator and front desk. There was no noise to speak of. That includes the nearby airport noise. The front desk clerk was friendly and gave us extra coffee when we asked. I would definitely stay at a Springhill suite again.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

The people who work here are the best. Adrienne was very helpful not only in getting things straightened out with Expedia but also with suggestions on things to do. The breakfast was perfect, well stocked and fresh food. I wish I could remember more names.

The rooms are very clean, even the hallways and entrance look well maintained. The hotel is located in an excellent area. There are several fast food restaurants close by and a CVS.

The only downside, and this wasn't an issue for me, is that St. Pete's airport is right next door. If you can fly into this airport it's a plus. If you're a light sleeper the fly-overs might wake you up.

The pool is very clean and there's never anyone there.

In summary I would highly recommend this hotel, the staff are the best and the hotel is very clean.

2 Thank Sean H
Sebring, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We didn't have any major problems with this property but it is not on our list of places where we will stay again. Our room was adequate and quiet. The bed wasn't as comfortable as we are accustomed to. The room appeared clean but did NOT pass the white sock test. Wifi worked fine and was, of course, complimentary. Check in was quick and efficient and the guy who checked us in was very polite and professional. The free "breakfast" was mediocre plus the woman who was working the front desk was so loud that we finally decided to take our coffee back to the room to escape her loud laughing and chatter. I stopped by the desk and told her that one of our key cards did not work and she replied that the key cards expire at midnight. Really? That was absurd. I told her that was not the case but, instead, that the card never worked and we only used the one which did work. She shook her head....as did I, but not for the same reason. There are lots of other places to stay in Clearwater and when we return, we will seek another.

2 Thank Nancy M
Winter Haven, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has a very well educated and friendly staff. They know the area well and are very helpful. The rooms a very nice and clean. Very spacious as well. The only negatives are the hallways which need to be renovated and limited Cable could not even catch the Rays game! Well stocked Breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013