“2 Days in Clearwater” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #61 of 95 Hotels in Clearwater
Fort Pierce, Florida
“2 Days in Clearwater”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

The hotel lobby looked very clean and modern. Which sets up the wrong impression because you think the rooms would be kept up to the same standards ( you will be sorely disapponted) For the price charged you would expect the room to be clean!
You do not expect food crunbs all over the floor( the crumbs remained in the same spots for the two days we stayed)
Now I start looking around the room I do not think this room had been vacumed in a long time,
looking behind the TV armoire it was very dusty and several used cotton Q-Tips were behind there as well.
So on to the breakfast the first morning was very nice ,scrambeled eggs ,sausage .We know it was not real eggs but it was made very nice, Then came the next morning it was utterly discusting, who ever made the eggs they were inedible, Then came the sausage in gravy it smelled and looked like it came out of a babys diapper, Were was cheff Ramsey

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BJHarrt
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clearwater / US 19N, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear BJHarrt,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations and for that please accept our apologies for the inconvenience the overall cleanliness of your room and breakfast may have caused you. I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

I hope this would not deter you from choosing us again in the future.

Krysllin G.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Palm Bay, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

I stayed here one night for business. My conference was at the Clearwater campus of St. Pete College, which is extremely close. If you are staying there for that reason, I say "go ahead". Otherwise, maybe look around for something else. There is a lot of construction going on with the building of some kind of bridge. This caused a lot of traffic problems, making it difficult to get in and out. I am guessing this will stop eventually, but be aware for the next few months or so. There is also a Sam's Club directly across the street, so it is very bright outside at all times. There is a room darkening curtain, but I still always have a sliver open, much to my dismay - I can't get those to stay completely closed. I need to figure out how to fix that. I brought a sleep mask and ear plugs, so that helped a lot. Check in and check out went fine for me. I stayed on the 5th floor, and very oddly, only one elevator goes up to the 5th floor, not all of the others. I didn't know that at first, and I rode one elevator up to the 4th floor to see if for some reason those numbers started with a "5", but they did not and I had to ride the elevator all the way back down with my bags and ask the desk clerk what was going on. He then pointed me to an elevator all the way at the back of the hotel, not by the others, and said it was the only one that went up to the 5th floor. Strange. I did use the wifi pretty extensively, and I had no problems. I enjoyed the free breakfast because they had hot cinnamon rolls. I love cinnamon rolls, and these were good. They also had yogurt, muffins, scrambled eggs, sausage. Seemed pretty nice. I also had apple juice with mine.

Room Tip: Maybe the back side of the hotel would be better, since it doesn't face Sam's Club.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

This hotel is in a good location but a quick business stay unfortunately the management leaves a lot to be desired. They make you wait for the room as I was turned away twice because the room was not ready. The corridors in the floor were just dirty they had not seen a vacuum cleaner in a while. The room was big and comfortable but the bathtub was dirty and the seat for the head was broken. They did come to fix it next day although instead of replacing it they just partially tightened it so it went back to been loose.Obviously it needed a new seat. While the employees were very nice the front desk management needs to be replaced they need to get some customer service training. The wifi does not work or should i say it works but it has not enough bandwidth so its awfully slow making it useless at peak times. It only worked early in the morning when I woke up to go to work, I have stayed in HI Express before and had very good experiences. I guess this time the management of this location is not good, Holiday Inn should reevaluate the franchisee

Room Tip: Go to another hotel, no wifi.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MAGGG
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clearwater / US 19N, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear MAGGG,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate that you find our location to be conveneint.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding housekeeping and bathroom condition. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Clearwater hotels

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

This was a business trip, and someone else booked this hotel for me. I would not have chosen this property, based on the reviews here and on hotels.com.

This property tends to cater to the "Joe Six Pack" of families on vacation. Their children ran unsupervised up and down the hall - I could hear their little hooves out there AFTER I was in bed.

I arrived at 5 pm and was told my room was not ready. Check in time is 3 pm - not sure what the problem was. They apologized, and I waited only a short time.

I stayed 4 nights - my room was not cleaned one of the days I stayed there. The days they DID clean, they did not vacuum the entire room, as the glob of whatever was still on the carpet on the other side of the bed throughout my stay.

There is a small cafe in the same parking lot, which had great food at reasonable prices. Lots of road construction going on at this intersection.

I would prefer not to go back.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank WoodysMom1996
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clearwater / US 19N, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear WoodysMom1996,

Ferdinand G
marion, iowa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

This place is a night mare and the manager even worse! Obviously after reading the reviews I'm not the only one wanting a credit and have had roaches, read all the reviews! Place has a funny smell when you walk in as well, which should have been another clue.

I went down there on business on January 28th and was not due to check out until the morning of the 1st of February. I stayed the one night, the 28th of January and when I woke the next morning and was getting ready, there was a silver fish on the wall. I killed it and hoped that was it. That night I came back and was on the edge of the bed talking on my phone and out came a huge cock roach. It ran behind the TV and I called the front desk immediately, she (manager) told me she would call me right back. 15-20 minutes later she called and told me to calm down and that they use Orkin. Really, I don’t care what they use it obviously wasn’t working and frankly as a customer I don’t need to know that. She then proceeded to tell me that they were going to move me to a different room. All the while I was watching the roach so I knew where it was. I packed my stuff and went out in the hallway. She sent two guys up and they proceeded to take me three doors down from where I was staying. I refused stating that the roach was three doors down, and if there is one there was more. The one guy ran down and the moved me from 3rd floor to 4th floor. I called my boss who told me to check out. I was able to get in at a Marriott. I went down and told them I was checking out. The guy that was behind the desk, Aaron, said that he was going to charge me for one night, I told him no way, and I wasn’t leaving until I had a receipt showing no charges, I also made him write on the slip that I would not have any other charges, see attached. The manager came out and it took them about 20 minutes to get my receipt. The manager went in the back room and would not come back out. No apologizes from either the manager or Aaron. When I received my bank statement they charged me for two nights. When I have called they say that they have issued a credit and when I tell them it is not on my card statement they say they will research and call me back but never do. I called today and spoke with the manager, she is from India, can’t understand her name she hung up on my twice. There is a sign in every Holiday Inn which states: “making your stay a complete success is our goal. Just let our Manager/ Front Desk staff know if any part of your stay isn’t satisfactory. We promise to make it right or you won’t pay for that part of your stay.” They not only have not given me my credit they promised but then charged me for two nights!

I just want them to credit me for their crappy hotel. I understand and get that there are bugs but I don’t need them in my hotel room. I have been to Florida many times and never had a problem like this. They told me I would not be charged and they need to live up to what they said they would do. I also think that there needs to be an inspection of this place, they are very clever and have dark carpet and dark base board so if I wouldn’t have been looking at the floor when I did I would have missed the roach. Like I said earlier, if there is one there are more and I feel for their other customers. After this experience I will never stay at a Holiday Inn or Express again. I think other people should know about this place and how they treat their customers.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tina N
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clearwater / US 19N, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear tinanef1,

Pam G.
Nashville, TN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

BEWARE the room(s) with no windows. I know that some hotels have rooms like this, but I've never had one at a Holiday Inn. I was not told about this when I reserved the room or checked in and am not happy about it.
The room was basically clean but the shower drain was very slow which is always gross.
The elevator is slow so I took the stairs and was totally repulsed. The stairs are filthy and I could be wrong but it appears people have urinated on the walls.
The front desk gentleman was polite and apologized about the room when I complained. He said it did not show up on his computer.

Room Tip: Try not to get stuck with a windowless room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clearwater / US 19N, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Molly66,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry about the windows and the elevator. We will look into this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Bridgeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

My son and I go to Phillies spring training every year and for the past two years we've stayed at this hotel. It is perfect for this kind of informal outing; comfortable, well maintained, friendly staff and a 10 mintue walk to the ball park. It's an active hotel where the guests also are friendly(what would you expect from us Philly fans) but it still was quiet.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family