All reviewsroom was cleanclearwater beachphillies spring trainingyogurti highly recommend this hotelking bedstayed here for nightslocation was perfectdunedinpropertieschannels
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Holiday Inn has made a recent effort to improve it's brand and quality recently.
This year I have had very good stays at HIE in Chicago, Kentucky, and North Carolina.
This place didn't get the memo.
Old , shabby, and in need of a remodel, I found this place to be damp, dank, and musty.
It doesn't help that they are surrounded by on-going construction, but that doesn't explain the poor condition of the room.
I held my noise when it came time to pay the bill- which seemed appropriate, since the place smells like an armpit to boot.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clearwater / US 19N, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2012

johnr696,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received accommodations that were unacceptable. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed March 17, 2012

I stayed at this hotel during one of the busiest weeks this spring! Everything in the area was full! When I arrived there was a "full" sign posted on the door usually indicating that the staff will be pushed to the max and stressed out. Everyone that I encountered was extremely helpful and very pleasant. The hotel was very clean. Loved the fact that my 2 bed room had an easy chair and foot stool. It also had a frig, microwave and coffee maker - all of which are added pluses when traveling. The hotel is on a very busy corner with constructon, but I didn't have any trouble getting around. The experience overall was exceptional.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room near the elevator as I'm usually traveling by myself. Nearly always works.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Large room with a couch and chairs. Very clean and comfortable.
Construction on Rt 19 was hard but could avoid it going to beaches.
Only negative was breakfast. Coffee was never hot and orange juice was watery but the young men working there changed it right away. Bananas were brown every day.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2012

This hotel is centrally located and within easy access of several main roads. It seemed like all roads led to our hotel at some point. The rooms themselves were clean and well kept. There were several of us traveling together and so we had a double room. One room had a king bed, tv, bathroom, table, & chairs. The other room had 2 queen beds, bathroom, microwave, refrigerator, & desk. This type of room would also be great if you were traveling with kids. There is an outdoor pool at this hotel as well as an exercise room. The only downsides were that we could not retrieve or get rid of a message that had been left on our phone, so that the light flashed continuously. Also, the bedside clock was unplugged each day during cleaning and had to be reset each day so we could set an alrm. While we were here, there was major road construction going on outside the hotel. Avoid highway 19 at all costs until this is finished. Enter on Gulf to Bay Road, much easier!

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Stayed from Thursday thru Monday - primarily this location would be business travelers. Across the street is a Sam's Club - that should give you an idea of the surroundings. Three adults & we used the "suite" which really is simply an adjoining room - except the 2nd room has no door to the main hall.

Starting with checkin on Thursday night - Donald (Front Desk Manager) was friendly. Since we were in the area to do a bit of touristing we ask for info & what he didn't know he volunteered to find out for us. Everyone we encountered was friendly & efficient. The rooms were clean, as evidenced by the cleanliness of the bottom of my barefeet! We had no problems that needed solving so I can't speak to that aspect, but I suspect it would have been handled courteously & effectively.

Breakfast fare is typical of this genre - cinnamon rolls, toast, bagels, scrambled eggs, yogurt, bananas & cereal. The staff handling the breakfast room kept the coffee pots filled, the cinnamon rolls & others replenished. One morning we were arriving at the end & the room still looked as if it had just opened.

Towels in the room were large & heavy. They were also plentiful & clean. I could faintly smell the bleach (which is ok by me!).

One of our two rooms had 2 queen beds, the other room had a single king. Each room had microwave & small fridge.

We really didn't spend much time in the rooms, or using the Fitness Room ( which consists of 2 treadmills, an eliptical & a bike) or even poolside. Our hotel was roughly 6 miles (15 minutes) from Clearwater Beach, it was about 12 miles (20 minutes) from theTampa Airport. We spent a day in Clearwater, 2 over in Tampa & 1 afternoon in St Pete. So for us this was a great location to view all 3 areas.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends