All reviews room was clean clearwater beach busy intersection free breakfast phillies spring training yogurt i highly recommend this hotel king bed stayed here for nights location was perfect dunedin perks channels
Reviewed April 7, 2011

Haven't stayed at HIE for awhile, and will probably pass on these accommodations in the future. Location on GTB BLVD is good - except the rd construction and subsequent backup makes this a tough spot.

Bathtub was not clean - some evidence of body grime on bottom of tub. Cooling/ventilation was acceptable; stayed on 3rd of 4 floors.

Publix meeting going on which meant breakfast was crowded at 7, fair amt of tourists stuffing faces. Little in way of selections unless you are carboloading.

I think i'll stay at fairfield inn down the road again. If you are simply crashing here - it's ok.

Date of stay: April 2011
2  Thank Pvbtraveler
Reviewed October 17, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express/US 19 in Clearwater, Florida for 5 nights in October 2010. We figured that its location was perfect for the places we were going in the area. The check-in process was difficult, the staff person was distracted by the phone ringing and she was alone. It was 3 in the afternoon. The first floor room was a reasonable size, with 2 queen beds. The A/C was off, and was very noisy when we turned it on. It was very hard to regulate, so we would wake-up too warm in the middle of the night. The "heated pool" was small and cold and the area was not inviting. There was a very cheap "economy inn"" next door, which overlooked two sides of the pool.

The first night, we left a small spot of the duvet cover. The next day, after we returned, the room was only half cleaned-no clean towels, the sink was still dirty, but the beds had been made, with the spot on the duvet cover. It was never changed.

The whole atmosphere of the hotel was negative. The staff seemed afraid of the manager. When she was around, they were very jumpy. One afternoon, my wife was watching TV, so I went to the lobby to read. As I was sitting there, the manager proceeded to chew out the desk person for at least 5 minutes. It was very unprofessional and, if justified, should not have been done in public.

There was free wireless available during our stay. On the day before our departure, we went to the "business center" to print out our boarding passes. There was 1 computer, which wasn't working. Plus, have you ever heard of a business center WITHOUT a printer??

In sum, a good location, but not a place I'd stay again. There are a lot of other options nearby.

Date of stay: October 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank cpfjd2
SunshineClearwater, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clearwater / US 19N, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2010

We are very sorry about your experience at our hotel. We are committed to very high standards and try to maintain these each and every day. We do have a rather large number of repeat guests which tells us we must be doing something right. Unfortunately your stay was not pleasant. We would certainly like the opportunity to prove ourselves to you. If you would give us another chance, I'm sure you will find a warm and friendly atmosphere along with a total staff dedication to customer service.

Reviewed August 20, 2010

When you travel a lot for business you begin to notice those little things that hotels do and don't do. When I arrived late at night there was no one at front desk. There was not a bell or anything to signal that I was waiting. Not the best welcome. Breakfast was typical, nothing out of the ordinary. They have a business center but you are asked to pay 5 cents per printed page that you print off. Though it is on the honor system, I have never seen a hotel charge for paper.

After checking out I noticed my rate was wrong and called the hotel. Was told I was upgraded and accidentally charged the higher rate. I asked that my bill be adjusted and and that I be sent a new bill via email so I could submit to my company as an expense. I never received an email.

The room was clean, the bed was okay and the air conditioning worked.

Overall an okay stay but could have been better.

Date of stay: August 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank V S
Reviewed July 15, 2010

we stayed here for one night it is 10min drive to the beach the hotel is mostly used for business travellers etc we found the staff very helpful and our rooms very large and clean with microwave and fridge the pool is a bit on the small side and most of the time we had it to ourselves which was great, the free breakfast was good too

Date of stay: July 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank snowball123
A TripAdvisor Member
ATL
Reviewed May 21, 2010

Clean, inviting, large room, with very comfy beeds, microwave, and a fridge. The property is quite new and modern. Nice plasma TV with more than 80 channels.
The complimentary breakfast was good. Free internet with good reception.
About 20 minutes drive to Clearwater beach. The staff was friendly.
Recommended.