“Great Wings but watch your Ale”
Review of Yard of Ale Gastro Pub - CLOSED

Yard of Ale Gastro Pub
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Boerne, Texas
“Great Wings but watch your Ale”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

dropped by Yard of Ale Gastro Pub in Clearwater on January 3. Wings were excellent, very large and tasty. Calamari was freshly made and while the special sauces created by the chef are good, I prefer old fashion marinara sauce, which wasn't offered. I chose this restaurant for the brews. There is a very large selection at fair prices. However, I ordered a Sierra Nevada and it arrived flat. I brought this to the waitres's attention. Surprisingly, she said she thought it looked flat too. I took it up to the bartender who also said he thought it was flat. (so question is.. why serve it?) Bartender ran a couple of more glasses from the tap and finally a fresh glass was drawn.
This hiccup wasn't enough to keep me from recommending the place or going back myself. Hopefully, staff will learn to recognize issues such as this and take actions on the front end.

• Visited January 2014

Tampa, Florida
“Exactly what I was looking for”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Expectations extremely exceeded.

Didn't expect to go into this place and have the 2nd best lamb dish of my life! (Still gotta give it to Bobby Flays at Caesars Palace in Vegas) Lamb Shank entree is fabulous. My wife enjoyed the Roquefort Burger which is a visually appealing as it is delicious. Wine list was solid, but I was here for the beer. Amazing that I anticipated to write a beer related review and am still stuck on the Shank!

To the beer - Im not a snob, but Ive had a few pints. They have somewhere around 30 taps and a bunch of bottles, but many places do these days. This was the first time in a long time that I could say at least 6 different beers were available that I had yet to try. I did my best but concluded with only 3 of them. The restaurant doesn't get credit is grief if the beer I ordered wasn't my all time favorite, so I wont critique them, but I enjoyed a CCB Hornswoggled, a Bruery 6 Geese, and 3 Daughter Dunkel. Service was on point, and if the taps continue to rotate, who knows what Ill try next time I stop by.

• Visited December 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
“I'm biased but...”
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

I might be a touch biased since I work here but this place is great! We have 28 rotating taps with all kinds of fun new craft beers on constantly and everything from a half pint to a full yard of beer available! Not to mention the full list of craft cocktails, small but well thought out wine list and incredible food from burger to lamb shank. Just stop by and let out friendly knowledgeable staff convince you themselves!

Florida
“Good burgers but......”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I tried this place last night with a business associate as we both stay in area hotels about 8 times a year on business travel. They had quite a good selection of beer and we each had one of their unique burgers. They were delicious! But the experience was not. Our waitress was quite attentive and tried her best, but the systems they have made dining almost excruciating. It took quite some time for our drinks because of bar staff. When the drinks finally arrived we ordered our burgers and they arrived before we were half way through our first round. When finished I ordered a slice of cake to go and paid the bill. 20 minutes after paying the cake still had not arrived. The waitress was very apologetic as she keep going to the kitchen, but we just left. I told her to share the dessert with a friend. It wasn't her fault. I might try this place on my next local trip if it is still around, but they might want to watch an episode of Restaurant Stakeout because their management hasn't a clue how to run a restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pretentious”
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Met friends for a few drinks and appetizers. The atmosphere and beverages were OK but the food was second rate. The waiter couldn't tell the difference between mortadella and pate'.

1 Thank Jennine F