“ok but over priced” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 95 Hotels in Clearwater
sarasota
“ok but over priced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2010

basic accomodations but easily walkable to beach. clean and well maintained. the elevators don't work too well. for the money. i'd look elsewhere as there is a red roof right next door and several other rental properties equally close by.

Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2010

We stayed here for 1 night only while we were at Clearwater Beach. We arrived in the morning and they gave us a pass to park in their parking lot. Its in a great location!!! We were pleasantly surprised too at how spacious the room was, and how CLEAN it was too. I would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2010

There is no security in the hotel, we had a bunch of teenagers both nights we were there, hanging around the pool and being loud at 2-4am. Since there is no staff or security there after the office closes there is nothing you can do. We mentioned it to the staff the following day, and I was told there is number on the office door in case of emergencies!! The problem is no one answers. Not a safe feeling !! So if you think you are going to get sleep after having a good time in Clearwater beach all day, think again... Next time I'll spend the few extra dollars and stay somewhere else....

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Zephyrhills, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2010

Everyone at the front desk was extremely nice. The room was very nice and clean. I elevator went out the 2nd day there but it was fixed very quickly. Great location across from the beach. Short walk to the pier. Wonderful deal for the price.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
gemmagambrel, Guest Relations Manager at Pelican Pointe Hotel and Resort, responded to this review, May 7, 2010
We apologize for the inconvenience on the elevator, we were having new flooring laid which thankfully only took a few hours. We appreciate your kind review, and look forward to your return.

Best Wishes Gemma
montreal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2010

I spent 3 nights and 2 days at the Pelican . I was happy to talk to a nice person when I booked my room from Montreal and I had no disappointment when I saw my room . Most of all, my bed was firm and of good quality thus ,I slept like a baby. I enjoyed the continental breakfast and at a few blocks from the hotel, there was a small store (express)where I bought my apples and bananas . I enjoyed the pool and the short walking distance from the sea .
I enjoyed more my short stay at the pelican than all the inclusives 7 days that I went in Cuba . I walked for hours on the boardwalk and people were friendly in the stores on the main streets.
Thanks to Gemma at the main office, a nice and kind professionnal young women who did communicate with me with a personnal touch. She and Tabitha at the office were very helpfull and welcomming . I would go back to the pelican any time and I recommend this hotel .

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the great review, and Tabitha and I sure did enjoy you. We hope you can make it back down from Canada very soon. I am very please to hear the compliments....

Best Wishes Gemma and Tabitha
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2010

This accomodation is excellent for a holiday. The bedrooms and accomodation was spotless. Clean towels all the time. Sufficient continental breakfast, i.e. cereal, juice, tea, coffee and pastries. We stayed for 9 days and every day was excellent. Pelican Pointe is in such an excellent position, just across the road from the most amazing beach.Lots of eating places very nearby and supermarket/chemist. Thank you Gemma for your professialism in dealing with all the constant enquiries from visitors and also thank you to all your staff.Our trip was a pleasure and we will be returning. Pelican Point is number one to be checked. Prices are good value for money.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the superb review. We very much enjoyed you and your husband and look forward to your return. We are so glad you enjoyed our wonderful property on the beautiful Clearwater Beach, FL....
Best Wishes Gemma
Lansing, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2010

We rented through a private owner (specifically room 411) and could not have been happier with our stay in Clearwater Beach. The room was clean and nicely decorated. The hotel itself was very clean and the staff very friendly and professional. Our room had a nice view of sunsets on the gulf and the beautiful pool. You can't ask for a better location with restaurants and shops nearby and a short walk along the beach to Pier 60. Staff even let us check in a little early, which we greatly appreciated after getting up very early that morning and a long flight. My only minor complaint was that the pool was constantly filled with little kids who were running, splashing, jumping etc as I was trying to relax and lay out, but that is not such a big deal in the grand scheme of things. There was also a lot more street noise than I am used to, having mainly stayed in the quiet and residential north beach of Clearwater. Overall, excellent stay!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
gemmagambrel, Director of Guest Relations Sales and Marketing at Pelican Pointe Hotel and Resort, responded to this review, April 29, 2010
We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed the rooms. That room happened to be one of our first remodeled. The sunsets are amazing on the west coast of Florida. Thank you for your review...
Best Wishes