“Great Place to Stay”

Pelican Pointe Hotel and Resort
Ranked #11 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed January 13, 2010

#610
We've been staying at Pelican Point Hotel several times a year for the past four years. It continues to get better. Newly renovated rooms, an exceptional management and service staff, and ideal location to the beach, shops and restaurants. It satisfies our every need.

Although the weather was not accommodating during our most recent visit, management and staff made our stay enjoyable, catering to us on every request. Their courtesy and desire to make our stay pleasurable and memorable is a credit to the hotel. Owners should be very pleased with them.

Looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
gemmagambrel, Director of Guest Relations Sales and Marketing at Pelican Pointe Hotel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2010

The staff at Pelican Pointe greatly appreciates your wonderful review. We have had nothing but compliments with the remodeled rooms. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit!

There are newer reviews for Pelican Pointe Hotel and Resort

Reviewed January 11, 2010

The hotel is located in the heart of Clearwater Beach. One can walk to most of the restaurants on Clearwater Beach. The management of the hotel just recently remodeled the rooms, so the rooms are clean and the furniture is in new condition.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
gemmagambrel, Director of Guest Relations Sales and Marketing at Pelican Pointe Hotel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2010

Thank you for your wonderful comment! We take much pride in our rooms and we are very pleased to hear our hard work and dedication has pleased others!! Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit!!!

Reviewed January 8, 2010

Everything about our trip, minus the kinda cold weather, was PERFECT. We stayed here during the off season, and it felt as though some nights we were the only ones there. It is under new managment and EVERY single employee there was amazing. Everyone was so sweet and helpful. They kept the laundry room open for us late, hooked us up with discounted tickets, and were just awesome. They do have two types of rooms... the 70s style (which we got from VRBO.com) and the new updated rooms which are BEAUTIFUL! They are literally brand new and were being remodeled while we were there. Def stay in one of those, very beach and bright and just perfect. The location of this place is perfect. The beach is right across the street. ITs just amazing. 10 min walk to the left and your at the end of the beach, at the Sand Key bridge. 5 min towards the right and you are at Peir 60 and the Clearwater Marina. There is really no better deal on the beach! We were there 7 days without a car and were never really bored! Lots of places to eat and tons of things to do. I cannot wait to go back this year!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple

All of the staff at Pelican Pointe are very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your return to our wonderful property on the beautiful Clearwater Beach, FL !!!

Reviewed December 29, 2009

We stayed at the hotel for two days before Christmas and really enjoyed it. Walking to the beach anytime we want without worry about parking. The rooms are clean and newly painted. We can watch the sunset from the balcony on second level. Angela was so nice to let us print our returning boarding passes. I would recommend families with young kids to go and stay at this place. Pier 60 and McDonald is a walking distance as well. We will stay there again next time we go there.

#11509

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 23, 2009

We arrived at the hotel after some good reports from people who had stayed before. It is lovely very clean and the staff very welcoming (they let us use the internet to book the accomodation at the next location). Clearwater itself is excellent and I would definatley go back.

Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 18, 2009

nice experience, good location, last time I stayed they had a breakfast buffet, you need to bring it back

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2009

I just returned from a 1 night stay at Pelican Pointe, I live 30 minutes from Clearwater Beach and some friends and I wanted a night away for the weekend. I remembered the name from when we were last at Clearwater Beach (in the dumpy Days Inn).
Found the room on VRBO.com (I had no idea this place was a condo tower) and the owner agreed to give me the room for $89.60 after taxes. Awesome rate.

We get there, check-in was quick, our room was on the top floor next to the elevator. We had a great view of the pool, the channel, and the beach. Our room looked brand new. Colorful walls, flat screen TV, kitchenette, nice furnishings from IKEA and it was all VERY clean. My friend and I slept in the bed and the other two people that came with us couldn't get over how comfortable the fold out couch was. It was a memory foam fold out couch.
There was no noise from the elevator at all. I think I heard it ding one time while we were there. The pizza place next door is awesome.

We'd asked about late checkout at the front desk and the lady informed me "as long as you're out by 1pm there's no problems."
On check out day we'd left and went and walked down the beach, before we knew it, it was noon. Went back to the hotel and the code for the room door didn't work. I went down to the front desk and explained what happened and the lady quickly gave me a room key and said the code expires after 11am (posted check-out) but everything was OK. I've lived by the beach my entire life, locals know locals and know that beach people are pretty laid back. We run on a different speed down here.
I would definitely stay here again in this same room. I'm already talking to my boyfriend about going there again after the first of the year for just a night.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
gemmagambrel, Marketing Coordinator at Pelican Pointe Hotel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2009

Thank you for your comment! We are trying very hard to make Pelican Pointe a wonderful experience! We have had many compliments about our newly renovated rooms and appreciate your enjoyment at our property! Hope to see you soon! Best Wishes Gemma