“Awesome Hotel, hidden gem, great atmosphere” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pelican Pointe Hotel and Resort

Pelican Pointe Hotel and Resort
Ranked #10 of 95 Hotels in Clearwater
Denver, Colorado
“Awesome Hotel, hidden gem, great atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

Nice friendly staff, great location, fantastic value...you get a suite that sleeps 6 with a kitchen for a price less than most hotels charge for a single bed...and you are walking distance to the beach.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dearborn, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

This was a great place to stay. My only reason for 4 stars rather than 5 is because they re-use stained linens and towels and the air conditioner was kinda loud when the condenser kicked on and woke me up throughout the night. but then again I am a light sleeper anyways. Over all though its a very nice clean place and very kind staff. Also an absolutely great location on the beach. Its definitely priced right.

Room Tip: 3rd and 4th floors have the best view.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank James B
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

Regardless of how I feel about this rental, I must say, that the owner of the unit I rented was extremely kind, and very easy to work with. He wanted my husband and I to have the best stay possible - even took a tense email from me during our stay and was quite kind in his response.
FRONT DESK: not overly friendly. During our stay I called the office to complain of noise, and I felt was treated like I was overreacting, but was told security would walk up by our room. Unsure if this happened.
I have used vrbo.com for many of my trips across the U.S. This by far, was the biggest let-down. It is a hotel room...nothing that spectacular. The location is great, but no real view since giant buildings have been (and are being) built across the street that tower over this resort and block the view.
We had a drippy faucet, and had to remove the plug to get the water to drain. The safe didn't work at all; so I had to lock my valuables in my trunk every time we left the room.We couldn't get the temp regulated very well; it was either too cold or too hot. The biggest compliant I have is that the walls are extremely thin. We had to listen to our neighbors fighting in another language most every night we were there, and they would take our outdoor chairs from in front of our room, or just sit there in front of our room. Also, there was a group of young people who were partying their brains out (yelling and screaming).. finally died down about 1a.
The place was clean, with a note to the owner - outside the back window, beside the building should be tidied up. One other annoyance...they wouldn't make our bed since I had a t-shirt sitting on the end of the bed. 1. All covers/bedding could have been pulled up to make the bed without worrying about my shirt. 2. I have stayed in 5 star hotels that just fold up my shirt and make the bed. I probably wouldn't stay here again based on how noisy it is (you hear every bus drive by, too, sound like airplanes), but the location was great.

Room Tip: if you will not be in your room much, and can sleep through anything, this is the place for you. If...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Rapid City, South Dakota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

definitely not somewhere I would stay again... the pictures are much nicer than the actual rooms. Decent at best. There was no breakfast (which we were told on check in there was) - bad coffee only. The lady working the late shift was very nice. Be sure to call once you make your reservation - they don't get the reservations done online!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

We were booked into a hotel across from this one but unfortunately when we got there they had no record of our booking so we came too pelican pointe and thankfully they had some rooms, the gentleman on the desk was very helpful and friendly and the room was brilliant, there are places too eat quite close and the view of the sea from our window was superb, the beach is just a quick walk away and there is a lovely diner you can have breakfast which is also value for money, would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Clearwater, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

When we arrived we immediately noticed an awful smell right away in the parking lot. Next we saw that the pool we were promised was closed for our entire stay. Then we saw a sign stating the hot water was out for the day. When we entered the lobby, the staff were not at all welcoming and had trouble finding our two room reservations. They were also not very accommodating to our request to have adjoining rooms and didn't even know which rooms were available. After finally arriving in our rooms, we discovered the origin of the putrid smell: the drain from the pool which was under construction. Long story short, we stayed only one night and left immediately the next morning for a nicer hotel. Don't stay here!

• Stayed January 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank George1122
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

Estela was lovely and very kindly made her computer and printing facilities available to me when a last minute booking to Kennedy Space Centre became the order of a wet Clearwater day.
There's a relaxed and friendly approach that creates the intimacy large hotels often lack.

Room Tip: We had an ocean view from the 4th floor (I spotted 3 dolphin) and the New Year fireworks were litera...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family