“*Perfect*”

Lexington, Kentucky
“*Perfect*”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Loved this place!!
I rely heavily on reviews when finding a place to stay. The room we stayed in (428) had everything we could have ever asked for. It was the perfect little place to stay close to everything and an amazing view of the sunset on the water. We stayed a week and found everything was within walking distance. The room was very clean and comfy. I have never stayed anywhere else on Clearwater Beach and I have no plans to stay anywhere else other than Pelican Pointe. Our trip was so great we are thinking about going back in 6 months!!
If you have the chance visit Shepard's Tiki Bar. We had a blast and met some very interesting people. I can not wait to go back and visit the beach and Pelican Pointe! =)

Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
PelicanPointeMgmt, General Manager at Pelican Pointe Hotel and Resort, responded to this review, February 25, 2012
These are the kind of reviews that we work so hard for. It is always rewarding to the team when someone takes the time to tell them that they have done a good job. We are committed to continuous improvement and cant wait to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Elkins, West Virginia
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Excellant Value near the beach. Great location with gulf view and within walking distance to restaurants, pier, and shopping. Very reasonable rates. Staff was extremely friendly, helpful, and efficient. Extended our originally planned stay and will return again.

Room Tip: Great view of sunset from gulf side.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gary T
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
Reviewed February 13, 2012

We spent a week at pelican point in august 2011. this place was great, just a short walk across the street from beach. Price was great. I will stay again if in the area

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Davenport, FL
Reviewed February 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for three nights last week. We booked through Hotels.com and originally were only planning to stay for two nights but wanted to add a third. Unfortunately I couldn't do that without cancelling the first reservation so I had two separate reservations. I called the hotel a week ahead of time to make them aware of the situation and ask if we could stay in the same room for all three nights. The woman I spoke to said that wouldn't be a problem. When we arrived to check in, though, we did have to check out in the middle of our stay and move rooms. It took a couple of hours to get our second room ready so we had to camp out in the lobby with all our stuff for a while. It wasn't a big deal, just a minor inconvenience that I was hoping to resolve before we arrived. Both rooms were very nice, roomy and colorful and beachy. They had a small kitchen with a microwave, refrigerator, coffee pot and toaster. The room was divided with a living room area and a bedroom area. You could very easily stay here for a week and maybe longer. The first room we stayed in was on the first floor and the second room was almost directly above it on the fourth floor...that one actually had views of the Gulf from both windows. There is a free breakfast with packaged danishes and coffee. The hotel is within easy walking distance of just about everything you could want to do on Clearwater Beach. Our only complaint was that, even though there are no smoking signs all over the property, people were smoking EVERYWHERE!!!! All the rooms have lawn chairs outside them and people would sit out there and smoke, stand by the pool and smoke (even cigars), stand in the parking lot and in the stairwells and smoke like crazy. We had to walk through a cloud of it to get to our room several times. And it wasn't just the guests...the employees were out there smoking too. Every room had an ashtray outside and they were always full of cigarette butts. I would definitely stay at this hotel again because it would be impossible to find a nice room in this location at this price...I just hope the next time I come back they have a designated smoking area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank backstagecheryl
Gallipolis, Ohio
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I booked the hotel because of the price that was advertised on Book-it. I wasn't sure what to expect because of the price. I was pleasantly shocked. I told my sister to meet me there. she and her husband both came and spent the night. At 62, I slept on the foton type bed in the second room and slept like a baby. A perfect place for a family with kids. Plus the sinks were outside the bathroom so one person could shower while others could use the sinks. There is a parking lot across the street so you could see the sunrise and sunset from the balcony. Close to Frency's restaurant, the pier and all the activities. We saw the latest Harry Potter movie for free. Room was great. Pool was super clean and warm. Staff did everything to make our stay enjoyable. Continental breakfast was an added bonus. And to top it all off, they were making improvements to make it even better. Fantastic deal.

Room Tip: Get a room on the upper floors so you can see the sunrise and sunset on the ocean.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Family oriented resort. Excellent management, helpful in everyway possible and even going out of thier way to make my 4y/o grandsons first trip to the beach a memorable time . Very clean. We will definitely visit again.

Room Tip: we had a room with a kitchinette and fold out sofa .this connected to a bedroom with 2 full bds.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed January 24, 2012

my husband and i (along with 2 friends who were in another room) were recent guests at pelican pointe resort on clearwater beach area.
upon arrival- check in was very smooth.
however, once we arrived into our room we noticed a heavy scent of bleach.
i returned to the check in desk and asked if we could move to another room.
The young girl with dark hair at the desk told me no. "No, we dont have anything else so you need to return to your room" . I explained the heavy bleach scent but she obviously had no concern about it. Telling me "If its too strong maybe you could go someplace else".
We decided to check out the next day.
At check out- the girl was very nice but did not want to hear about our concerns.
NEVER AGAIN WILL WE STAY AT PELICAN POINTE!
I have been calling and emailing the "property manager" and still have not been able to reach him.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Chelsea D
PelicanPointeMgmt, General Manager at Pelican Pointe Hotel and Resort, responded to this review, January 27, 2012
I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at Pelican Pointe. I have investigated your concerns and met with each member of my team with regards to the bleach and front desk issues. Our staff uses only approved cleaning agents that do not leave strong odors. It is possible that we had to use a stronger product and I apologize again for negatively impacting your visit. At this time my concern would be your inability to contact me. I keep a rolling 4 weeks of email and have not recieved any negative comments about the staff or rooms. My email address is available to all hotel guests, and I am on the property in excess of 40 hours per week. Thank you for taking the time to review my property and I wish you the very best in your future travels.