“There's a Great New Place in Town”
Review of Mellow Mushroom

Mellow Mushroom
Ranked #65 of 717 Restaurants in Clearwater
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Located on Gulf to Bay Drive, The Mellow Mushroom is a welcome addition to the area. First of all the place is very clean and looks great inside. The tables are not shoved together so there is plenty of room to move around. We were greeted by the hostess with a big smile as if she was expecting us. My son is a bit of a picky eater. He ordered a half turkey & cheese hoagie and it was huge. It came with a side of chips and he said it was delicious. I was shocked he at the whole thing. My wife and I spit a small salad with the Signature Esperanza dressing, which was amazing. On a side notes the small salad is plenty for two. We both ordered calzones. She got the House Calzone, which was stuffed with spinach,mushrooms, tomatoes and cheese, while I built my own calzone stuffed with cheese, pepperoni and Italian sausage. It was excellent. Portion sizes are very large so you can easily end up with leftovers. Our server was friendly and very knowledgeable as well as attentive. They seem to have a great staff. The place can get extremely busy on Friday and Saturday nights so be prepared for a wait. Count us in as big fans.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Ate here twice while spending a week in Clearwater for Spring Training. Wish we had a Mellow Mushroom at home. Service was great. Because it was so crowded (both times) we sat at the bar. Food was great. Noise level very high. Fun place.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

My wife and I along with our son and his wife and three kids went to the Mellow Mushroom for lunch, as we entered I was immediately impressed how clean and spacious it was. Our server was friendly and answered all our questions, we ordered a medium pizza for the three kids and a large for us four adults, it didn't take long for the pizzas to come and they were very good with fresh toppings and a light crust with a nice crisp bottom. We ended up taking four slices home. The bar has ( I counted ) 36 beers on tap, you can join their beer club and keep track
of the ones you try (and earn reward Points). I had the "Sea Dog Wild Blueberry" brewed in Maine, it was good with a slight hint of blueberry, my daughter in-law had the "3 Daughter Beach Blonde" Brewed in Florida, she liked it, and my son had "Cycle Fixie" brewed in Florida, he said it was ok, we sampled each others brew but the problem is now
we have to go back 33 more times to try all the rest!
I would definitely recommend the Mellow Mushroom.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

I've been a huge fan of the Mellow Mushroom Tampa for years, and now there is one near me in Clearwater!!! I was very excited the other day to see it was open so I immediately went in. It is a little difficult to get to due to road work, but it will eventually do well there. The food and beer selection was awesome as ever. The new place looks and feels great, large open front porch area, just great...

I am a service based person when I go out to eat, it is a huge sticking point for me that if I am paying to be served then I want to be Served, waited on as it were...The staff in the Tamp location is eclectic, that is part of the charm and shtick of the Mellow Mushroom. The new staff in Clearwater just comes off grungy at best, gross at worst..Misting teeth, extremely disheveled appearance, almost dirty in appearance. These are the people serving my food & drinks. Like I said tattoos and piercings, wild clothes and wilder hair is part of Mellow Mushrooms persona, I get it and enjoy the atmosphere and real genuine people serving me. The new staff here.....its just not the same, instead of this group showing the best of people who walk to their own drum it kinda extended the stereotype that closeminded people stick too about Strong Independent types... I will however keep going back because the food is too Darn good not to...

Reviewed March 16, 2014

I've been driving to the Citrus Park location for years and couldn't be happier that they have one so close to home now!

The food was fantastic, the service attentive, and 36 beers on tap?!? The perfect place for me and my friends to meet up!

Been to Mellow Mushroom? Share your experiences!