“Wedding Reception”

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Cafe
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner
Reviewed June 25, 2018

We had a destination wedding with about 40 family and friends. We rented a LARGE house on the bay to accommodate our soon to be blended family. I found a place for the cake, but wanted a catered dinner. I had it in my head that I wanted a seafood boil! The original Frenchy's on Baymont were wonderful to work with, we had exactly what we wanted. They came to the house and set it all up so after coming back from the beach it was all arranged. We had the seafood spread and the seafood boil , two kinds of Sangria and the manager and staff were superb! Plus we love going to all the Frenchy's, we visit Clearwater Beach often. Consistently good food!

Date of visit: October 2017
Write a ReviewReviews (1,028)

Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

Your basic fish, shellfish and chicken joint at the beach. Solid quality food at surprisingly decent prices. Would go again.

Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

Quick lunch stop on this visit. Each got the Mexican Street Corn (see pic) - nice change of pace and yummy. Fried grouper sandwich is a must. And is ALWAYS perfect. Friendly and efficient staff. Bring receipt to fun gift shop next door for 10% off purchases.

Reviewed June 22, 2018

Frenchy's offer the best seafood I have had, this is the 2nd time I have visited and will return. We had the Grouper Sandwich and Scallops. Growing up in a Restaurant I am a food critic but I can say I rank this food #1, they have fresh caught and cooked. I can tell you a cook can make or break a place and this cook did it perfect!
Service was awesome also from Scott.
Thank you for great good and service. Will be back since only live 1hr 30 minutes from it.

1  Thank Deborah H
Reviewed June 14, 2018 via mobile

I first ate here 20+ years ago and we were on the area this month and l liked much l had to return.
It is still very we hadShe crab chowder, boiled shrimp, and grouper cheeks. All very good still. This location gets as many locals as well as tourist. We will be back.

Date of visit: June 2018

Been to Frenchy's Original Cafe? Share your experiences!