“Best lunch in town”

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Cafe
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Frenchy Cafe is well located, just behind the beach road. Parking for free (1 hour). Enough to have a good lunch. I can advice the burgers and longboard beer. Really good!
Their prices are low and the staff is excellent.

1  Thank Paul0366

Reviewed August 11, 2014

For those of you that know of Frenchy's, we would all agree that it is THE PLACE to go for good beach-type food and also for the great atmosphere, but our last experience had us shaking our head. Dont get me wrong - the food and atmosphere were both spot on! Frenchy's Original Cafe is a small joint that packs em' in like sardines, which is part of the allure of the "original" location. One of the other locations sits right in the Gulf of Mexico at the north end of Clearwater Beach, just a perfect spot. One of Frenchys claim to fame is the She Crab Bisque, and it is over the top in goodness. Make ya want to slap yo mama goodness! So, as we squeeze in to our comfy little bench and order up, our server politely responds "She Crab Bisque is not available at this location", and I begin to look for the defibulator. WHAT? While we absolutely enjoyed our time spent at Frenchys Original Cafe, and we certainly recommend that you pay them a visit, we must question the intent behind managements decision to make this dish location-specific. Give em try, but remember, it may "not be available at this location".

1  Thank A-KaYAK-ur
Reviewed August 9, 2014

I've been going to Frenchy's since I was a kid. Every time I visit the area it's a must, they definitely don't have yummy grouper sandies like these in Atlanta. The gumbo, blackened grouper, steamed oysters are yummy yum.

1  Thank James T
Reviewed August 6, 2014

This place is nothing fancy, off the beaten path a bit, but food was superb. I had the fish tacos which were a little dry, but tasty. The grouper sandwich is outstanding and would recommend a visit here.

2  Thank esnewt
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Frenchy's is usually pretty good, but this place is probably the last on the list. 1 word: mediocre. If the prices were lower, I could justify it, but they are just average "beach food" prices. Don't get me wrong, it's not bad, but it's not good either. With so many options in Clearwater, just keep walking.