“Casual faire and reasonably good value!”

Frenchy's Original Cafe
Ranked #20 of 697 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Cafe
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night
Canada
“Casual faire and reasonably good value!”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Good food at a very reasonable price. It is a busy place but the staff are very quick and capable. They are also very friendly. According to the menu there are specials every day of the week. They appear to have many repeat visitors so this is a good sign. The food was very good. No complaints about the quality or the ambiance. Very local and very good!

• Visited May 2014

• Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent Shrimp!”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

In town for a business trip and wanted to find a decent place besides chain locations to eat. After searching the internet for "Where the locals eat" we discovered all the Frenchy's Restaurants. The location was excellent, near the beach. We arrived about 6:15pm and lucked up on a parking spot in front. The shrimp was the special. It was the best shrimp I have eaten in a very long time. I am glad we stumbled on this place.

Clearwater, Florida, United States
“Not all that great”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My wife and I decided to drive to Clearwater Beach and try the old Frenchy's again. We'd been there several years ago and enjoyed it. This time we were disappointed by the food - the fish tacos were served in some kind of foil and were barely edible, a distinct difference from what we enjoyed at Guppy's down the coast last week. I think they're surviving on their reputation, but it wasn't that busy so people may be noticing. I see they have a new outlet on the main drag called South Beach and that may be where all their effort is going.

1 Thank Allan G
Burr Ridge
“Good, fun place to eat”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We sat outside, not overly scenic unless you like looking at cars, but the service was very good, as was the food, and it was reasonably priced! My wife had the Super Grouper sandwich and I had the grilled mahi sandwich. HAVE THE GROUPER! My wife let me have a bite, it was great. The mahi was average, I was a bit disappointed. The seafood gumbo was ok, lots of seafood in it, but I didn't like all the pepper. If you like pepper, and seafood, you'll really enjoy the gumbo.

“Quirky but good”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Had the original grouper sandwich with fries. Good sized piece of fish with the perfect amount of batter with out being greasy.

Atmosphere & service even better than the food.