“Grouper is "off the hook" !!”

Frenchy's South Beach Cafe
Ranked #32 of 695 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night
PA
“Grouper is "off the hook" !!”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Location is great, right on the BeachWalk on the south end of the beach. We were seated right away at 12:30 on a Saturday, in a shady, breezy area that was elevated a bit so we could people-watch too. We ate lunch here just to try the famous grouper sandwiches. We were NOT disappointed. The fish was very fresh, soft, flaky and cooked perfectly, very large portions for the "regular" grouper, and falling off the sides of the plate for the "super grouper" size. I got a house salad with grilled grouper, which was seasoned and grilled perfectly. Others got the Buffalo grouper sandwich and everything was delicious!! Don't hesitate to check out any of the Frenchy's restaurants - they all serve the amazing grouper sandwiches. Prices were pretty reasonable for a beachfront location. Pleasantly suprised about that.

• Visited July 2014

• Hungarian first
Houston
“Didn't live up to the hype”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I was so excited to try one of the Frenchys restaurants since I heard so much about them . I picked this location because it was right next door to my hotel the Hyatt and the beach.

I came in for lunch , The service started out spotty and it wasn't very clean on the patio, pile of dishes in an area causing flies and plastic furniture that needed replacing. I ordered the frozen rum runner to lighten my spirits but it failed because it tasted like cough syrup . Ok tried the red sangria and it was a bit better. Then I also ordered fried grouper and fried shrimp. ....I got Soggy grouper, Soggy shrimp,
Bland soggy fries. The only thing I enjoyed was the tasty yellow rice and short run back to my hotel in the summer rain.

Visited July 2014
“Crab leg heaven”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

We went here because my grandboy and I wanted crab legs. The others in our group ordered other dishes. I don't remember what they ordered. This is about the crab legs.
Crab legs: absolutely delicious!! So good that I didn't use the melted butter. Mine came with a small side of pasta and a side of broccoli and cauliflower. That was good, too!
Our waitress was nice and accommodating to our group.
We will definitely come back.

Franklinville, New Jersey
“Great bartenders”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

The bartenders here were really nice! We only had drinks and one ap...the grouper eggrolls! Yum! Tip...one side of the bar has the air conditioner blowing down!

Visited July 2014
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina, United States
“Try the crab legs”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Wanted some seafood while at the beach. My son and I loved the pile of crab legs for $15. My husband got the combo shrimp, scallop and grouper... He wasn't crazy about the grouper. The younger kids ordered from the kids menu. Can't go wrong there.