“Seared Ahi Tuna Steak”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed December 8, 2013

This is more of a Bar & Grill than a cafe. It's probably the best location in the area. The staff is friendly and capable. I've driven as much as two hours out of my way to eat here. It's NOT a fancy dinner place. Much of their business is drinks, lunches and appetizers. But, I go there for dinner.

The Ahi Tuna steak is fantastic. They rub wasabi into it, grille it medium-rare and serve it covered with a mango-salsa. You have a choice of two sides. I always pick the excellent "Cuban black beans & rice". I usually get the steamed vegetables as my second side. Top it off with a Rum Runner or two. Their prices are very reasonable.

I think their tuna steaks are stored frozen because I have had it still VERY COLD in the center. But, it's so darn good I don't let that stop me. I had to send it back twice and now always ask the server to make sure it's not still cold or frozen in the middle. With that request It often comes more medium than MR but is still outstanding.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Ate dinner here while staying close by at Shephard's. Mainly has outdoor seating with a few cramped tables inside. Most of the interior tables have stools with no backs. If you are looking for a relaxing full dinner, this is not the place. But if you want a quick meal, few drinks, and music entertainment then this is the place to go. This place has great staff and average food.

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Ate hear while staying right down the street at the Hyatt. Brought the kids and wife. Lively crowd at the bar for happy hour but was friendly and just fine for kids. Had the grouper sandwich which was huge and done well. Wide had shrimp. Beer was cold. Casual spot. Service was good. Live music added to the laid back vibe. Will go again.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Service is great, and if you are only going for some drinks is one of the best places near the beach in Clearwater. Is a good place to head inside and grab some appetizers, but I would not recommend it for full courses. Food is under seasoned, and most of the time it sounds better in the menu than when in the plate. If I had to choose something I would say the South Beach Burger, and the Piña Colada Cake are one of the best things this place have (aside from Seafood which I don't eat). It has a lot of potential but it needs more flavor.

Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

In town for a girl's weekend, and we walked to have dinner at Frenchy's. I ordered a salad that didn't have enough dressing, a cup of she-crab soup that wasn't hot enough, and stone crab claws that weren't very good. The staff clearly wanted to close early, and were cleaning and putting chairs away while we were still eating. It was only 8pm. I've eaten at this Frenchy's and others in the past and had good experiences. I'm hoping this was just an off night.

1  Thank Darci M