“Classic seafood resturant w/ drinks”

Frenchy's South Beach Cafe
Ranked #31 of 713 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Good menu with reasonable prices (reason why Frenchy's spread around the area). Informal dining makes ok for kids. Lot's of fried seafood and local specialties (conch etc.)

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I don't think I've ever given a restaurant this low of a grade but I'll tell you, Frenchy's worked hard to earn it.

We popped over for a quick bite to eat on a Saturday night. We ordered two appetizers, the conch balls and the grouper spring rolls. Both came out fairly quickly and were awful. The conch balls were so overcooked it was like eating rubber. The spring rolls tasted like they had been reheated a few times.

Four of us ordered a mix of grouper sandwiches. All came out in a reasonable amount of time and all were pretty bad. I had the fried super grouper sandwich and while it appeared to be huge, it was mostly breading and the breading was awful. It was like eating a giant patty of grease. Others ordered the cajun grouper sandwich and the plain grouper. All said the same thing, fish had no taste and was just bland bland bland. Even the fries were bad.... how do you mess up fries?

The service was good - our waiter was very nice and efficient!

We'll never eat here again.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

The atmosphere at Frenchy's is great. We really like the food too. We ate out on the patio. Problem is....the city of Clearwater, be very careful where you park. We got a ticket for parking in what we thought was a valid spot on the beach...the parking attendant moved the cones. We paid (copy of check to prove it) but the city keeps sending us notice after notice and they will not take our calls. Beware of Clearwater city parking!.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

My husband and I were in Clearwater for our 10 year anniversary. We had heard through the visitor's guide that trying the grouper sandwich while visiting the Gulf was a must. Frenchy's seemed like the right place to go. We had coupons from our hotel for one free drink per person. We each ordered a beer and had the grouper sandwiches to go with them. I had a beer battered grouper and my husband had the regular grouper. They were both EXCELLENT! We still think about this meal when hungry and wish they had Frenchy's up in Wisconsin! We will definitely be back. The South Beach Cafe is nice because it is right across from the main beach in Clearwater and there is great patio seating and people watching. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone! The prices weren't too bad either. The best meal we had while in Florida!

1  Thank Jill A
Reviewed August 5, 2013

great food, great location, great prices, friendly staff. great place to eat on the beach..............