“Great food and views of the beachwalk”

Frenchy's South Beach Cafe
Ranked #31 of 713 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Had an excellent grouper sandwich on the outside patio, watching all the beach traffic go by! Never felt rushed and could have stayed there all day...but my parking meter ran out of time. Next time I'll ride my bicycle.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Food so so, crowded, tables so close and small you can hardly move. Don't think the fis was fresh even though they advertise they have their own boat.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Had lunch here with family - great menu items for a good price! Sandwiches and salad were a good portion - especially the Grouper Sandwich! great for kids, too - nice view while dining!

1  Thank MamaBearJenn
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Do not miss having a grouper burger at Frenchy's South Beach. They are the best grouper burgers in the world. We had a fried and grilled, super sized! Both are delicious but the fried preparation leaves the fish a bit juicier. Yum. It comes with a nice tomato, lettuce and the right amount of sauce. I am dreaming of my next trip to Clearwater Beach and another Frenchy's grouper burger. We love the South location.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We love this place and continue to go here year after year. Several years ago I had had some beverages before heading here. We parked 2 blocks away. My husband was walking around the car and said " where did you go?" I was on the street having turned my ankle on the curb, it hurt so bad I thought for sure it was broken and was swelling before i could even get up. My husband said "get back in the car before the police come and take you to jail" My response "Hell NO, I didn't come all this way to not get my Cuban, I am fine." I limped 2 blocks, put my foot up on the chair, the waitress got me ice for it and I had my cuban and drink! It was all worth it. When I got back home I put my foot up on the couch and cried for hours (mind you I am NOT a crier). I would do it again to get back to frenchy's south beach. It was all worth it.