“Just perfect!”

Silver Sands Motel
Ranked #54 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
“Just perfect!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights!

It was just perfect!

Spotless clean!

We had room #4 (large efficency room), which offers a lot of space and a fully equiped kitchen (even salt n pepper can be found).

3 min walk to one of the greatest beaches I ve ever seen!
(don t miss the sunset)

Very friendly owners! The owner told us, they avoid springbreakers and families. So it is really quiet! There is also a really friendly atmosphere between the other guests. They have a lot of regulars and long time guests.

The pool is great for the relaxing after an exhausting beach day!

And the best: they have very reasonable rates. We could not find anything for that price, which is at least rated 3 at tripadvisor.

I would highly recommend this accomodation. Make sure to book it in advance! We got lucky and they had a room for two days but there was no chance to extend our stay!

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Michael W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a week in January. Compared to many of the other motels we looked at it was reasonably priced. It's in a quieter part of Clearwater which suited us fine. It's just a couple of minutes walk to the beach and a 5/10 minute walk to the bars and restaurants. There's a trolley which runs close by taking you up and down the coast and to the supermarket about a 5 minute drive away.

The apartment itself was great. Clean and well equipped with comfy beds. Towels were replaced daily and we were very well looked after.

There's a nice pool with recliners also and a BBQ I believe is available for use.

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank snipey_123
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed February 9, 2013

The rooms are spacious and the kitchenettes are well equipped. Best of all, access to the beach is easiest anywhere -- just walk straight out the back. The pool, hot tub and sauna are clean. You can easily walk to surprisingly good restaurants (oops, the secret is out) and a well-stocked market. Rates are very reasonable for what you get.

Room Tip: All rooms have a good view, but upstairs rooms are even better.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Pepi25_11
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is amazing , quiet, very friendly and nice place, definitely we come back this summer and highly recommend to other people. Before I used to pay more money for the hotels, and I must admit , that this is a motel but in many cases it was much better than hotels))) and againe, what was really important to me- CLEAN, close to the octane)) we had small kitchen in our room, it was great opportunity to cook

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Nastlife85
Gahanna, Ohio
Reviewed March 2, 2012

This place is small, quiet, well maintained, CLEAN, the owners are great people.

Room Tip: They are all good rooms.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
10 Thank Sunlover534
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I been staying at this place for last 4 years very happy with evrithing owners are really friendly I will be back

• Stayed June 2011
3 Thank BDzevad
North Texas
Reviewed January 10, 2012

I spent 12/25/11-12/29/11 here to get away & to be refreshed by some sun & beach time. I was pleasantly surprised by Jack & Anna. When my tv remote wouldn't work, Anna came to check on it, & Jack had it up & working the next day. (I hadn't come to watch tv anyway, so it was great to have the quiet & do some reading .) Each day we visited while we sat out by the pool, we had some background in common. It was more like visiting with old friends than with someone I had just met. I loved my kitchenette, I ate breakfast in my room and went out for some wonderful seafood for dinner. I opened my bathroom window for some fresh air, & it did get a little cool at night. The RATE is GREAT, the beach is a 2 block walk, or short drive. (Of course the parking is free.) This is a quiet area, off of the main drag. I can't wait to go back again next year!

Room Tip: Larger rooms are across from the pool, quieter area behind the office.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo