“Favorite in Clearwater Beach - Sand Key Island”
Review of Columbia

Columbia
Reserve with OpenTable
Columbia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 713 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Cuban, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Waterfront dining at its finest! Family-owned & operated for more than 112 years, Columbia has earned acclaim for its old-world charm & award-winning Spanish/Cuban cuisine & wine list. Join us for century-old family recipes like Paella "a la Valenciana," Filet Mignon "Columbia," & fresh seafood specialties. Sample a fine Spanish wine like Torres, Montecillo or Campillo. Don't miss our world-famous Original 1905(R) Salad, named "One of America's Top 10 Best Salads" by USA Today -- The only restaurant in Florida to be named. Whether you choose a table looking out onto the radiant blue waters of the Intracoastal Waterway from the Mediterranean dining room, or experience the casual atmosphere from our outdoor deck on the water, you can enjoy the cuisine that has consistently been voted Tampa Bay's Favorite. Casual attire is fine, but we don't allow sleeveless shirts on men. We are a sister to the Columbia in Tampa's Ybor City, founded in 1905. Children's menu available. Open 365-days a year, including all holidays.
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I had the opportunity to have both a lunch and dinner at Columbia last week while on vacation. This was an annual return to the area - we always have at least one meal at Columbia. This year was no disappointment - dinner was fantastic as always. Great food, outstanding wait staff, and overall awesome dining experience. Lunch was equally fantastic - Kurt's mealtoaf sandwich was worth the year-long wait as was the pitcher of Mojito. This is my wife and I favorite place on Sand Key Island and an absolute must go to when you are in the area.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

The history, great decor and busy atmosphere of this place led me to believe this was going to be a great experience. Unfortunately, the food was not. The Black Bean soup was just "ok", my Arroz con pollo main course was bland and spiceless. The rice was clumpy and overdone and the chicken was one uncut lump of thigh/drumstick. The flan dessert was good, but didn't make up for the rest of the meal.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I loved the the 1905 Salad that is made table side. I also had the grouper with yellow rice and black beans. The Cuban Bread was very good. Service was OK but the view and the relaxation of being by the water was priceless. It is on a Boardwalk with great shopping. A really fun place to take the family.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Good food, generous portions and a great martini. All in a pleasant place to eat. It is walking distance from the Sheraton Sand Key.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

My wife and I completely enjoyed our meal at Columbia. The food was delicious - and plentiful. Neither of us could finish it.

My seafood paella was great - and they prepared it without calamari as I requested (I just don't like calamari...). My wife had a steak and shrimp combo that was also very good, although it was a bit garlicky for her taste. The empanada appetizer was also really good, but probably filled us up too much given how large the dinner portions are. But, since the paella takes a half hour, we decided that we needed something to munch on while we were waiting.

My wife liked her sangria. I had a mango daquiri that was larger, thicker and sweeter than I expected. But still good.

Very professional, classy service. Yet friendly and welcoming.

We very much liked the atmosphere. We ate inside, but still had a good view of the water, which we enjoyed. And the restaurant as a whole was light and airy. We had eaten before that the Columbia in Ybor City, which we found a bit dark and gloomy.

Frankly, we thought both the food and atmosphere were better at the beach.