“Yummy Sangria, eat outside and look for dolphins”
Review of Columbia

Columbia
Reserve with OpenTable
Columbia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 717 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Cuban, Spanish
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Waterfront dining at its finest! Family-owned & operated for more than 112 years, Columbia has earned acclaim for its old-world charm & award-winning Spanish/Cuban cuisine & wine list. Join us for century-old family recipes like Paella "a la Valenciana," Filet Mignon "Columbia," & fresh seafood specialties. Sample a fine Spanish wine like Torres, Montecillo or Campillo. Don't miss our world-famous Original 1905(R) Salad, named "One of America's Top 10 Best Salads" by USA Today -- The only restaurant in Florida to be named. Whether you choose a table looking out onto the radiant blue waters of the Intracoastal Waterway from the Mediterranean dining room, or experience the casual atmosphere from our outdoor deck on the water, you can enjoy the cuisine that has consistently been voted Tampa Bay's Favorite. Casual attire is fine, but we don't allow sleeveless shirts on men. We are a sister to the Columbia in Tampa's Ybor City, founded in 1905. Children's menu available. Open 365-days a year, including all holidays.
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Delicious paella, server will make sangria right at your table. If you can't make it to the original in Ybor City (Tampa) definitely try this place

Reviewed February 20, 2012

It was ok, a little expensive for lunch. Backwaters was better!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

I have been to the Ybor Columbia restaurant and it was great, so i was excited to experience the Columbia in Clearwater. This time it was okay, but not even close to good. I was with a group of ladies and one man (my husband). I shard a pitcher of the house Sangria with a few ladies. It was okay, but not as good as a place where I get a large glass of Sangria for $2.75 - less than half the cost of what I paid at the Columbia. My husband and I shared the Black Bean Cakes as our appetizer. They were the best part of the meal - little nuggets of goodness, but the start of lots of salt. We also shared a small version of the 1905 Salad (minus the ham) which was quite good, but spicy. Not sure if I would order it again. I know I could not eat a whole one as an entree. For his entree my husband ordered the Palomilla - thin cut top sirloin with rice. He normally puts salt on everything, but he could only take a few bits of his food because it was too salty. It ended up being wasted food because of the crazy amounts of salt. I had the Eggplant Riojana which is sliced eggplant breaded in ground plantain crumbs. It was tasty, but after 4 or 5 bites, I could not eat anymore because of the salt. The food was so salty I ended up with swollen feet before we even left the restaurant. I will not be going back to Columbia.

guestservices1905, Public Relations Manager at Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2012

We apologize for the disappointing experience you had with us. We do encourage you to let us know right away if your meal is not right in some way so that we can take care of it at that moment. Our president always reminds us that we are only as good as our last meal, and that we MUST provide a great experience for everyone who chooses to spend their time and money with us, and I am sorry that we got it wrong on your visit.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Columbia restaurant is a must do when you're in Clearwater! Great old restaurant just as nice as the pictures online. The red sangria made table-side was smooth and delicious, packing just the right punch. I had the Filet Steak Salteado which was almost like a Cuban stir fry served with yellow rice. It was fantastic with strong flavors and cooked just right. My wife had the Vegetarian Cubana which was also off the charts in flavor. We had the key lime pie & the Godiva chocolate cake & both were ultra rich and delicious. The service was excellent.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

We LOVE the FOOD. The 1905 salad with warm Cuban bread is a great start! We had out of town guests in from Denver and wanted them to enjoy the Columbia, They were duly impressed as first time diners. They enjoyed the food and the wait staff did a wonderful job as always. We have been dining at the Columbia since the mid 70's. A great choice for us locals and a real treat for out of town guests. You won't be disappointed for dinner nor go away hungry!