“Lovely birthday meal”
Review of Crabby Bill's Clearwater Beach - CLOSED

Crabby Bill's Clearwater Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2014

We had a great meal here for my birthday. Our servicer, Mysty, was very friendly and helpful. The kids had alligator tails which they enjoyed but I didn't fancy.

Lots of vouchers available in the area to bring the cost down. Was good value for money. Just across the road from Pier 60 so eat early the go and watch the sunset.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

We had a party of 5 with 3 teenagers, we had our meals out very quickly and everything was cooked correctly. Not one meal was sent back! Nice place go upstairs ask for a window seat by the marina.

Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Dined at Crabby Bills with my boyfriend for dinner.

Restaurant is appropriately themed (nautical life, crabs, pirate jokes) and has a lively atmosphere. When we arrived restaurant was packed and was immediately put on a wait. We did not have any reservations. Since we were only a couple, our wait was less than 5 minutes. Parties of 4-6 were quoted 25-35 minute wait times. Definitely recommend a reservation for large groups or families.

Server was friendly and knowledgeable. She made appropriate suggestions and answered all of our questions. She was nice.

My boyfriend ordered the ahi tuna sandwich and I ordered the Cajun shrimp dish. We also ordered the crab dip as an appetizer. The reason I give this place a 3 is mostly on food. I felt the food was average at best. My boyfriend seemed to enjoy his sandwich, but I felt the crab dip and Cajun shrimp dishes were not anything extra special. I will admit that I devoured both dishes, mostly because I was a level 10 hungry hungry hippo. I felt the crab in the dip was small and not impressive. My Cajun shrimp had A LOT of oil and was not flavorful. I did not try my boyfriend's sandwich, but he rated it a 7.5 out of 10. I rated my dish a 6.2 at best.

All in all, it was an average experience. I may recommend this place, to those staying within a 3 minute walk. I do feel bad because Crabs are more than likely their specialty (hence crabby bills). The only reason I would come back would be to give their crab dishes a try.

1  Thank EVO_LIFE
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Stacey and Mary made it an absolute pleasure eating here. They accommodated myself and my family. They made amazing recommendations from their menu and even went above and beyond and made my son something that wasn't on their menu. This isn't common to find in the food services industry. My mom, who is a picky eater LOVED her dish. My sister loved her dish. My nephew, who is also picky loved his dish. This was an absolutely pleasant experience. We came to Clearwater on my wife's recommendation by way of Washington, DC. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

Came here for a bight to eat before heading back home after a day at the beach. Staff was very friendly and the clams I ordered were very good. Will definitely eat here when I come back.