“Slow and served raw chicken!”
Review of Country Harvest Restaurant - CLOSED

Country Harvest Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Clearwater, Florida
“Slow and served raw chicken!”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We waited forever to be seated because no one was at the door. Then once we ordered we had old meat loaf pieces cut up and served in the shepherds pie. Also the chicken was so under cooked it was hard to cut and very pink. The service was so bad we couldn't get the servers attention to fix this. We will not go back.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank J G

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Big, yummy, comfort food breakfast with mediocre service”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Solid experience at MacAllisters. In fairness, it is probably a 3.5 star place, but I liked it enough to round up.

Came for dinner with my mom on Cinco de Mayo, which as we all know is the day that Mexico gained independence from Scotland, and therefore, a Scottish pub and grill seemed appropriate.

We were able to get a seat outside, and apparently, the waiter was just triple sat, so the host got our drinks for us. Unfortunately, it was still another 10-15 minutes till our order was taken, which was aggravating, but we enjoyed ourselves enough that by the end of the meal, I had forgotten all about the initial wait to order.

My mom got some sandwich - who knows, I wasn't paying attention, but she liked it a lot - and I got their Rob Roy, which was a grilled chicken sandwich with prosciutto and spicy mustard with fries. One of the better sandwiches I've gotten in a pub and grill in a while. I actually wasn't expecting much and was pleasantly surprised.

Both sandwiches were under $10. You can spend more here if you go for one of their entrees, but you can also eat well without spending a fortune. They have a huge menu - not always a plus; sometimes it's better to have a small menu and do a few things very well instead of a lot of things just mediocre - but that also means they should have something for everyone. Plus with a small outdoor patio right on Lakewood Ranch main street, this is a really good place for a simple, quick meal.

• Visited May 2014
Spokane, Washington
“Do not Eat Here”
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

This place used to have delicious food and great service. We have been eating here since 2008. On all our trips back to Clearwater Florida we usually stop here. We ate here twice in December, but the 2nd time (Dec 30) was the worst for service & food. The waitress was very slow & inattentive. It took a long time to get our food. She never checked to see whether we liked our food or needed anything. She was more obsessed with the large group that was coming in. (The waitress must have been blind & didn't care that my food was burnt & way overcooked.) I tried 2 bites, but my meal was inedible. My husband's meal was OK. The waitress didn't give us our ticket until we went to pay at the register. The man did deduct my meal. So I left still hungry. So it's the roll of the dice, whether you will get a good meal and good service. (We used to recommend this place to our friends & family.) Save your time & money: eat somewhere else!

1 Thank Noraine2014
Clearwater, Florida
“Cattle led to the troughs on Christmas Day”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Christmas Day dinner turkey soup horrible scared me reminded me of the slop the farmers feed the pigs up north i actually think it was a joke to see if people would actually eat it. Then came the stuffed mushrooms unidentifiable ingredients some yellow stuff on top and it did not look like hollandaise sauce green beans with tomato paste glued on was horrible coffee was safe to drink got the prime rib looked gray and was overcooked probably taken out of a microwave i ordered medium rare sent it back the second one was cooked right but not great. My better half got the turkey the look on her face said everything when she took that first bite not good she was not sure what part of the turkey she was eating. The gravy was actually the turkey soup that was served earlier minus the rice. Stuffing was horrible mashed potatoes were horrible my guess everything was made a week ago. Rolls were dry and cheap. Mother ordered the ham with fruit sauce it turned out to be fruit cocktail from a can. Deserts why bother mentioning.There was nothing good about this place except the waitress who worked hard to please people. I understand this was a holiday and they are trying to make money but i find it hard to believe it was just a bad day for them the food was just to bad all the way around.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank LAWEATS
Clearwater, Florida, United States
“9/25/13 at 8: 20 pm Rude Manager with no side salad!!!”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Ordered dinner to go was offered a salad with the meal. Got home there was no salad so I called the restaurant was told no salad came with the that dinner. I was offered a salad and I wanted a salad she said the girl was a trainee she did not know a salad did not come with what I ordered. When I got there if they told l me and I would have paid for the salad. Does a dinner side salad really cost that much that they could not have put one in there to make up for their mistake. Instead the manager was a rude! Dinner was dried out and crappy. Do not think I will be back there.

• Visited September 2013