All reviewswi fifirst floorbeds were comfortablebreakfast roomthe location is perfectpleasant staywould stay here againdunedinirmacleanlinessmicrowave
Reviewed March 11, 2009

stayed here for 2 nights, right next to interstate- VERY loud... Our room smelled discusting, i would not stay here again. The AC was also very loud, kept me up all night....The only positive thing I can say is that the rooms are big.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2009

Stayed here for just one night on a recent excursion to Oldsmar and Dunedin. This was the PERFECT location. We had to travel withour dog, so this place was GREAT for allowing pets. Our king size bed/room was HUGE! Sure, the decor is seriously outdated. Hello 1980's!!! But I wasnt there for that. I wanted a clean safe room for me and my dog, and I got that. Couldnt beat the price. Internet ran fine. Only complaints were the walls were a bit thin, and I could hear my neighbor snoring. So I just turned up the air to drown him out, and the parking. VERY hard to get into and out of this parking lot due to the freeway. And we had to park behind our room.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BuckeyeGurl72
Reviewed February 7, 2009

We stayed at the HoJo for four nights, and it was decent. The room itself was well appointed, with a nice (and very big) desk, comfortable bed, fridge, etc. From what I could tell the room was clean, too. No complaints about the room. WiFi worked fairly well except on the last day, when it didn't work at all, but these things happen.

The location could be described as good or awful depending on how you look at it. I looked at it as awful because there's very not much in the way of dining or even convenience stores nearby (the nearest convenience store, which is surprisingly limited even for a convenience store, is about half a mile away). If don't mind jumping in the car and getting on the incredibly busy Hwy 19 out front, you can get to tons of dining options and just about everything else you could possibly want within a couple miles, but wow, that road really is something else -- and you're going to have to do some u-turns to get back to the place.

As you might expect in a place that's right on a road this big, it's pretty noisy, though we weren't troubled by the noise too much in our room, which was set about halfway back toward the end of the hotel. The Kia dealership next door, though, plays loud, incessant top-40 dance music from morning to night, and I could see how that could get old pretty quick. I guess they're trying to present Kia as a hip brand, but it just seemed annoying to me.

I'm not sure what continent the continental breakfast came from, but the people of that continent apparently have cheap, dry donuts, cheap, dry white bread and cheap, soggy bagels as their chief staples. I found the signs explaining that the food was not to be brought back to your room and demanding that you consume all food in the tiny little dining area to be a little insulting -- presumably they're worried that people will take advantage of the "free" um... "food" and stock up, but given the menu that possibility seems remote indeed. That said, if you are one of the fine folks for whom these signs were posted, I have two pieces of advice:

1. The HoJo Clearwater does not take kindly to food hoarders
2. Get thee to a gastroenterologist

I did not choose this place for the food, however; I chose it for the price, and it was worth every cent of the fifty bucks I paid -- but I would not pay much more. Now, one final note, and I hate to mention it, but I just have to: we did get to see a perp being dragged out of a nearby room in handcuffs on our last full day at the motel, and the big "Crime Scene Investigation" van also showed up. Not sure what the crime was, but we're big CSI fans, so needless to say we were thrilled. To be clear, though, we did not feel unsafe at any time during our stay, and, in all fairness, people get arrested in all manner of places, so I don't consider this a blemish on the HoJo Clearwater's permanent record. Plus, the police and CSI van only showed up once during our 4-day stay, so I don't think it's a regular thing.

Oh, and one more final note: the pool and hot tub both looked inviting and clean. I don't think the pool was heated, but the hot tub water felt hot. Unfortunately we hit Clearwater during an uncommonly cold spell, so we didn't get to try out either.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank thehankster
Reviewed August 26, 2008

Not bad. Clean room. Sink, fridge and microwave.
Nice size bathroom.

Breakfast was crappy. Bad coffee, bad juice.

Served it's purpose. Very nice staff.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed August 17, 2008

We came to this hotel after a horrible stay at the Days Inn down the road.
This hotel cost $50 per night (with AAA/CAA discount) which was the same price as the Days Inn in the area. The hotel was excellent; it was very clean, had professional staff, new furniture and small appliances in the rooms, nice pool and decent mini breakfast.
Excellent value for the money--would recomend to anyone traveling to this area.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple