“Great Sushi”
Review of Pisces Sushi and Global Bistro - MOVED

Pisces Sushi and Global Bistro
Cuisines: Sushi, Contemporary, International, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Pisces Sushi and Global Bistro is a modern casual/fine dining restaurant that features global cuisine and global inspired sushi rolls. The expansive menu features a selection of appetizers, salads and soups in addition to beef, poultry and seafood tapas. We continue our world tour with our "Finishing Touches" -Tiramisu "Straight Up", Crème Brûlée Flight and Mochi Ice Cream. We also offer a delicious "Just for Kids" menu for kids under 12. From our main seating dining room you will be able to enjoy our beautifully lit sushi bar. We also offer a full service full liquor bar. Enjoy the view of beautiful downtown Dunedin in our west veranda. We offer a semi-private dining area for large parties. Come and be our guest on this culinary tour around the world!
Reviewed February 7, 2014

My wife and I decided to give this place a try after reading the very good reviews in Trip Advisor. First, the GPS will take you about 2 blocks south of the actual location, I"m sure why. Second, we were not disappointed the food was very very good.

We ordered the spicy tuna guacamole as a starter. This was a nicely prepared guacamole with the addition of spicy tuna, served with thin tortilla chips. We really liked it.

Then we shared three rolls: the Aztec, the Shaggy Dog and the Firecracker. The Aztec was a shrimp tempura roll topped with tuna, salsa, corn and chimichurri sauce; great flavor. The Shaggy Dog was a smoked salmon roll, excellent as well. Since my wife doesn't like spicy food, I had to eat all of the Firecracker. This is a snow crab based roll with spicy sauce and habanero and jalapeño peppers. If you like spicy food you will like the Firecracker.

The ambience at this place is basic but nice, in the middle of a shopping plaza. We would have never found this place if it wasn't for Trip Advisor. Next time in Clearwater we will eat here again.

Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Go here. Not on the beach. No great views. It is located in a strip mall off beat. Inside is clean and classy. Food is insanely good! Service is perfect. You won't regret this trip.

Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

We came in for lunch on reviews we saw online. Glad we did! James and Lizzy are amazing! Food has a twist like no other. Couldn't decide on dinner after the fabulous lunch we had...so we came back!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

What a find! Their location is a bit hidden and nondescript, but well worth the search (plus, it's quite convenient). I'm in the Tampa/Clearwater area regularly, and I'm always looking for good sushi places. We've now eaten there three or four times (including New Year's Eve), and we have left happy every single time. The sushi chef, James, is an absolute artist, innovating texture and taste combinations that are totally unique and yummy. Every single dish we've tried has been fabulous. Try the Aphrodite roll (sushi with a Greek twist)... and don't miss the Tuna Guacamole. The service is warm, friendly, and personal. Lizzy, the co-owner and James' wife, is often there waiting tables, chatting with customers, and keeping things running smoothly. If you love sushi, do yourself a favor and try this restaurant -- and then tell all your friends. They'll thank you for it.

Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

I first tried Pisces at the Taste of Dunedin festival. I was super impressed. We went to the restaurant tonight for my mom's birthday. I had the Maine lobster special roll at the taste event and it was amazing but I wanted to try something different. I read the description of crabulous (spelling?) and it sounded amazing. Well, it was mind-blowing!! It was one of the best rolls I have ever had! I was so impressed! The flavor was so crazy that it didn't need soy sauce. I mean literally soy sauce would have taken away from the flavor! Really. My mom had a different roll with smoke salmon that was equally spectacular. They serve these yummy rice balls as a complimentary appetizer, so good!!

I knew I wanted saki but couldn't decide which one. Our waitress suggested a saki flight. All three were really good but the plum was fantastic! It was so light and refreshing, sweet but not too sweet.

The waitress let us know a desert would be complimentary since we were celebrating a birthday. We ordered the creme brulee flight. It had espresso, vanilla, green tea, and ginger. All were so good but the ginger was my favorite!!

Oh... I almost forgot about the salad. The ginger dressing on the salad was SO good! It was the best ginger dressing I have ever had.

Our meal was amazing from start to finish! James was thoughtful and inviting. This place was needed in Dunedin! I believe Pisces will be a permanent part of the amazing Dunedin restaurant scene!! This is by far the best sushi place I have been to in a long time! Bravo!!