“There's great sushi, and then there's Pisces...”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pisces Sushi and Global Bistro - MOVED

Pisces Sushi and Global Bistro
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, International, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Pisces Sushi and Global Bistro is a modern casual/fine dining restaurant that features global cuisine and global inspired sushi rolls. The expansive menu features a selection of appetizers, salads and soups in addition to beef, poultry and seafood tapas. We continue our world tour with our "Finishing Touches" -Tiramisu "Straight Up", Crème Brûlée Flight and Mochi Ice Cream. We also offer a delicious "Just for Kids" menu for kids under 12. From our main seating dining room you will be able to enjoy our beautifully lit sushi bar. We also offer a full service full liquor bar. Enjoy the view of beautiful downtown Dunedin in our west veranda. We offer a semi-private dining area for large parties. Come and be our guest on this culinary tour around the world!
Tempe, Arizona
“There's great sushi, and then there's Pisces...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

What a find! Their location is a bit hidden and nondescript, but well worth the search (plus, it's quite convenient). I'm in the Tampa/Clearwater area regularly, and I'm always looking for good sushi places. We've now eaten there three or four times (including New Year's Eve), and we have left happy every single time. The sushi chef, James, is an absolute artist, innovating texture and taste combinations that are totally unique and yummy. Every single dish we've tried has been fabulous. Try the Aphrodite roll (sushi with a Greek twist)... and don't miss the Tuna Guacamole. The service is warm, friendly, and personal. Lizzy, the co-owner and James' wife, is often there waiting tables, chatting with customers, and keeping things running smoothly. If you love sushi, do yourself a favor and try this restaurant -- and then tell all your friends. They'll thank you for it.

• Visited December 2013

Tampa, FL
“Even better than I expected!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

I first tried Pisces at the Taste of Dunedin festival. I was super impressed. We went to the restaurant tonight for my mom's birthday. I had the Maine lobster special roll at the taste event and it was amazing but I wanted to try something different. I read the description of crabulous (spelling?) and it sounded amazing. Well, it was mind-blowing!! It was one of the best rolls I have ever had! I was so impressed! The flavor was so crazy that it didn't need soy sauce. I mean literally soy sauce would have taken away from the flavor! Really. My mom had a different roll with smoke salmon that was equally spectacular. They serve these yummy rice balls as a complimentary appetizer, so good!!

I knew I wanted saki but couldn't decide which one. Our waitress suggested a saki flight. All three were really good but the plum was fantastic! It was so light and refreshing, sweet but not too sweet.

The waitress let us know a desert would be complimentary since we were celebrating a birthday. We ordered the creme brulee flight. It had espresso, vanilla, green tea, and ginger. All were so good but the ginger was my favorite!!

Oh... I almost forgot about the salad. The ginger dressing on the salad was SO good! It was the best ginger dressing I have ever had.

Our meal was amazing from start to finish! James was thoughtful and inviting. This place was needed in Dunedin! I believe Pisces will be a permanent part of the amazing Dunedin restaurant scene!! This is by far the best sushi place I have been to in a long time! Bravo!!

• Visited November 2013
Clearwater, FL
“Wonderful Sushi in the Dunedin area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

This restaurant has only been open a couple of months, and I'm glad that we discovered it. It is tucked away in a little shopping center near the intersection of SR580 and US19 in the Dunedin/Countryside area. I discovered it by doing a search of sushi places in Clearwater on the Tripadvisor website, so we decided to give it a try. I'm so glad that we did---the sushi is wonderful, and very fresh! We had a couple of appetizers to start with--the duck eggroll and lobster Rangoon. Both were very good. There were two good sized eggrolls and 5 of the Rangoon. We didn't think the appetizers would be so substantial, so we only ordered a couple of sushi rolls---the royal California and the Aztec. Both were very good and fresh--the Aztec was really good---something different with shrimp tempura, cream cheese topped with seared tuna, black bean and corn salsa, chimichurri sauce and plantain chips. Delish! We have definitely found a great sushi place that we will be going to quite a bit. They also have a nice menu for those who don't want sushi. The dessert menu looked really yummy---we will be going back for dessert one night with a glass of wine.
The atmosphere was also really nice---very tastefully decorated.

• Visited November 2013
Clearwater, Florida
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

Eat here. Sushi is fresh and everyone is very friendly. Favorite roll, Maine Thing!!! It is light with hint of mango. Always stay for dessert.

• Visited October 2013
Clearwater Beach, Fl
“Amazing Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

My husband and I had one of the best meals ever!! Chef James has an impressive menu that ranges from international cuisine and an incredible sushi roll selection. The tandoori chicken melts in your mouth, you don't even need a knife; the Dunedin Dream roll and the Pink Panther roll are a must! Oh, do not pass on desert. The tiramisu is delicious, we will become regulars!

• Visited October 2013