“Great gumbo”

Crispy Cajun
Ranked #166 of 717 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Reviewed August 19, 2014

The gumbo at Crispy Cajun is great!!! It was the best part of my meal. The chicken wrap was tasty too. Tons of food! Be sure to get some beignets for the road! The restaurant is in a small strip mall and usually busy at lunch! It's worth the wait.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

This is not a fancy place and it is small (located in sleepy strip mall). HOWEVER, the gumbo they serve here is KILLER!!! Not for the timid tongues. It's hearty, has volume, full spicy flavor, sliced sausage, tomatoes veggies etc, served with white rice. By the way, can purchase this in a quart sized container to take home. I like the red beans and rice (also comes as a side in addition to being included with dinner entrees). I generally do not eat fried chicken unless its my own but this is tasty, would make great for beach food so keep that in mind if you need some prepared goodies to eat at the beach. Shrimp po' boy was tasty and very reasonably price but then again this place is very affordable. Fried catfish is good too. Understand, this place is not fancy, all food is served in styrofoam containers along with plastic utensils. While I enjoyed what I ate, I would MOST DEFINITELY return for the gumbo alone. No one else serves gumbo like this.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Awesome food. Excellent service. Even better prices. The owner was very friendly and made our food to order exactly as we wanted it. Go hungry because you get a lot of food. I will be back!

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Best gumbo ever, the jambalaya was a huge portion. Jambalaya can be made to order, all ready for in the take out containers because of the large amount. Poboy sandwich was outstanding, great prices

Reviewed May 12, 2014

I had the fried chicken with fries... My wife had the catfish with fries. The food was brought to us in Styrofoam containers with plastic utensils.

The chicken was good but the coating came off. The only piece I recognized was a leg, the other two were dark meat of undetermined origin. Taste was OK but I expected spicier.

The catfish was fairly good but had a 'old grease' fishy flavor. The fries also had a greasy fishy flavor.

The place has a few eat-in tables, but the main focus is take-out. A sample of the gumbo was great, with a good spicy heat.

1  Thank Bob S

Been to Crispy Cajun? Share your experiences!