“Great Breakfast Pastries” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lenny's Restaurant

Lenny's Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 686 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Great Breakfast Pastries”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

There is always a line at Lenny's Restaurant. The food is good, you get large portions, and it is reasonable. Their breakfast pastries are out of this world good, very fresh. Service is good too.
Did not care for their Lunch as much as their Breakfast. Still highly recommend it.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CrowdSmartMedia, Public Relations Manager at Lenny's Restaurant, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Eileen N,

Thank you so much for your review - we work hard every day to make sure you have a great time and we appreciate your business!

Bradenton Fl
“Fast and Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

Packed parking, line to get in ... thought there was no way we were going to eat anytime soon but have to say the folks here have got it down to a science. We were seated with coffee in 15 mins despite the full house. Complimentary basket of mouth watering pastries went along with the meal which for us was Sunday brunch. Big portions left us full. Food was excellent and arrived quick. Definitely on our go to list.

• Visited November 2013
RaynaDai,

Thanks for taking a moment to give us a great review. We love the fact that you enjoyed your visit, see you again soon!
Sebring, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Take your appetite with you”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

The parking lot was full when we pulled in to this restaurant and now I know why. While on vacation we thought we'd try something different. Wow! We found a new place to eat when we are in Clearwater. I would highly suggest going by for lunch or dinner. And go hungry. They give you more food than one person can eat. My husband had an all meat omlet and home fries and it was enough for three people. Plus he was given a basket with several pastries in it. The coffee was delicious too. I had a patty melt and fries and was given a choice of two additional sides. The mac salad was the best I've ever had and the beets were also the best I've ever had. It was enough for three people also. You can't go wrong eating here. We will definetly go back there again when we are in the area visiting family.

• Visited November 2013
BarbaraG1477,

Thanks for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to leave your thoughts and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Pensacola, Florida, United States
“A Clearwater tradition not to be missed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

People in Clearwater have been eating breakfast and lunch at Lenny's for over 50 years. And for good reason: the food is delicious, the service is friendly, and the atmosphere is fun. Lenny's has something for everyone, everyone, that is, who likes traditional Jewish deli food. On my first trip to Lenny's, I ordered a new dish from the "specials" board: deli eggs benedict, which consisted of a potato pancake (in place of a muffin), topped with corned beef, two poached eggs, and the best hollandaise sauce I have ever eaten. The next afternoon, my wife and I returned for lunch, and I had a remarkable reuben sandwich. The menu is large and innovative; I plan to eat there every time I am in Clearwater.

• Visited October 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
“A good breakfast place, but I don't get what the fuss is about”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Lenny's is a diner. Period. I don't understand all of the fuss is about. It was good, but it was far from the best breakfast place in the Tampa/Clearwater/St. Pete area. It's good comfort food, and there's nothing wrong with that, but it wasn't delicious.

My girlfriend loved it because they decorated it for the season and she loves it when places get themey. It seems like a great place for kids (and kid-like adults) on the weekends because they have a balloon guy. He's actually pretty talented. Saw some people with really "extravagant" balloon hats - if you can call a balloon hat extravagant. But me, I'm here for the food.

My girlfriend got the Nova Benedict, which she enjoyed. I got the Firehouse Omelette. The secret ingredient that made it "hot and spice" appeared to be hot sauce or buffalo sauce. Otherwise, it was just another omelette. Good. Good comfort food. But nothing special. My girlfriend also got their pumpkin pancakes. Those were really good. Have to admit. I'm not a pumpkin fan, but they did those right.

They do have a very extensive menu - which you'd expect from a diner - and the service was good and fairly quick, considering how busy they were. The décor is cute and homey. Again, my issue is just that the food wasn't anything special. I guess if you're just going to get an omelette, then you probably shouldn't expect a king's feast, and if I just ordered a basic western omelette or ham and cheese, then I'd probably agree. But this was one of their specialties, and it didn't blow me away.

So go to Lenny's. You won't walk out unhappy. You'll be full and satisfied. You just won't be blown away.

• Visited October 2013