“Great b'fast, service & Philly atmosphere.”
Review of Lenny's Restaurant

Lenny's Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 750 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Took our family here for b'fast. Made sure we got there before the crowds. Granddaughters had the Mickey pancakes, wife & daughter had the BIG French toast, son-in-law did the meat lovers omelette and I tried the Lobsta Benedict. I always get eggs, biscuits & gravy. Decided to get out of the box. Great choice. Nice pieces of lobster coveted my perfectly cooked eggs. Bacon crispy, coffee nice & service wonderful.

Standing room only when we left. Although a favorite for the Philly fans( next to Philly spring training field) I still liked the atmosphere.
Go BoSox!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,029)

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Lenny's in Clearwater Florida is a favorite for locals and for visitors, especially for folks who take in the Phillies Spring Training games (real close to the restaurant). Based on comments I overheard at my hotel, I visited the restaurant, first for lunch and then for breakfast the next day.
Conclusion - the food was excellent, the portions were large, the selections were varied and the wait-staff was super-friendly. At breakfast, you automatically get a pastry basket included with your meal - why? I don't know, but I ate 2 anyway (real good) and took the rest home.

Just be aware - this is a very busy place and you may have to wait awhile to get in. But be patient - it is worth the wait. Or if you can plan, get there prior to the rush-times, 9 -10 am for breakfast and 12-1 pm for lunch.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Once again we found ourselves in Clearwater taking in Phillie's Spring Training games and of course had several breakfasts at Lenny's. We have been doing it long enough now to know to get there before 8:30 so as not to have to wait for an extended period of time to be seated, but even having to wait is well worth it. The pastries are always fresh and tasty and anything else you choose is top shelf and served just the way you like it. The same staff have been there forever so consistency is exactly what you would expect. And Cliff remembers us year after year and always has a kind welcoming word when we return. And if you want to know the inside scoop on the Phillie's prospects for the season, make sure you corner Lenny when he gets back from catering the Phil's luncheons in their clubhouse. He has all the latest and most accurate information to assess the Phillie's chances of a successful season. Just like Spring Training, Lenny's is a rite of Spring not to be missed!!

1  Thank Tubaman77-CTC
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I visited Lenny's twice while in Clearwater for Spring Training over the past few days. When we tried to come here for breakfast last time we were in FL for Spring Training 3 years ago, the line was around the building and we didn't have time to wait, so we missed out on this great place. This time, we were much smarter and got here around 8am. Absolutely no wait. When we left around 9:15, there was a significant wait, so come early. The food was awesome. I had an omelet which was HUGE accompanied by a pile hash brown potatoes and a biscuit. Let's not forget that the meal also included a danish basket...all this for about $8. They are very generous with portions at this place. The omelet was fantastic, fluffy eggs, lots of filling. Hash browns were also good. I had French toast with a side of turkey bacon the second morning that we came for breakfast. I'm not lying when I say this is the best turkey bacon I've ever had...close your eyes and you just might believe it's real bacon.

However, one the best things about this place is the service. During our second visit, we sat at the counter and Katie was our server. Not only was she attentive and efficient, she kept me laughing the whole time we were there. She also suggested that I try to fresh squeezed tangerine juice. This juice, I mean, I can't say enough about how good it was. Apparently they only have it around March, but order it if you can.

I'm not someone who always believes the hype about things, as I tend to be very critical. But Lenny's is the real deal. Stop by if you're visiting the area for spring training...and if you're close enough to visit year round, I'm jealous!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

This place is great. The food is outstanding, and the staff has a great attitude. They seem to be very appreciative of their customers, and it's always nice to support a family business. Pancakes fall over the sides or plate and are loaded with chocolate chips. Great eggs and hash browns.