“Bad food! Shocking!”

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dunedin, Florida
“Bad food! Shocking!”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I've been to this same restaurant (not in a few years) and it was great. This time, I was stunned at how bad the food was. The "create your own pasta" my fiancee ordered was truly gruesome. Tasted like garlic oil, ONLY. My canneloni was mediocre at best. Never again. I used to love this restaurant, but I would never go back.

1 Thank tldhome9

Christiansburg, Virginia
“Go for atmosphere not the food”
Reviewed January 10, 2012

The food was okay. It is overpriced. The restaurant is very pretty. Low lighting and lots of dark colored wood. Our server was efficient but not friendly at all. It was food after a day of shopping and nothing special.

Visited January 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bland. Some places in America, outside of NY, Boston, Chicago, do not know good Italian”
Reviewed August 19, 2011

I have gone to Macaroni Grill twice, both times because friends wanted to try it, and all I can say is there really are some places in America where people DO NOT KNOW ITALIAN FOOD. While it isn't disgusting, it is some of the most bland, boring, mediocre Italian food I have had in some time. Those who ooh and ahh over it really need to take a trip to New York City or Boston or Chicago and get some REAL Italian food, This way they can compare this place to something truly good. My guess is that most who live in the midwest or south will adore this place... Too bad.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank saubeidel
Georgia
“Wow - I Can't Believe This is Rated So Low!”
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We spent most our years in Dallas and sort of learned the good restaraunts from the bad.

Romano and Brinker invented a host of really great restaurants - Macaroni Grill is one of them.

We were late for the rush crowd - but still had to wait about 30 minutes. The wait staff was apologetic and treated each of us to a complimentary glass of wine (which I know is really free anyway!). But we took it stride. But I am going to dis them for it!

The food is as consistently good as we remembered from the Texas days.

Brinker has a outstanding reputation for good food and at a reasonable price.

• Visited March 2011